Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ze0pe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2017
Hi guys! I have a friend who is super good at mac products, but he didn't understand what to do with this issue. I need help from you :)

So, I have a Macbook Pro 13", early 2015 (Model 1502 and 12,1).
The thing is that I want to upgrade from 128GB to 1TB internally. I need help with which SSD-model I should use for my MB. I do understand that I can buy OWC 1.0TB Aura Pro X SSD, but the price is high since I do not live in the states.

I have read that you can only use adapter and then use an SSD for this MB.
Do I need an adapter like this: "PCI-E x4 M.2 NGFF to SSD Adapter"?
and use these SSDs; Samsung SM961, Samsung PM961, Samsung evo 850?

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
you can't use traditional SSDs, which seems to be what you are looking to do with your post. unfortunately the solution you need is costly since Apple's SSDs are like a chip plugging into the motherboard rather than a drive you can swap out. the thing is what you are trying to do there isn't physically enough space in the Mac to do that. the solution you referenced as costly has cheaper options if you can get away from needing 1tb. https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ssd/owc/macbook-pro-retina-display/2013-2014-2015

Reactions: ze0pe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.