Memorable Dreams, Had Any?

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
My recent post about the science of dreaming, got me thinking about my most memorable dreams.

Here is one I’ve had several times, the first time when I was young, probably about 9-10 years old.

I’m in the woods with some friends and we are playing on a rope swing, that swings out over a gully. It is a swing where you hold on to the rope to swing, no seat. It’s my turn and as I get ready to swing, a girl grabs the rope and tries to swing with me. I lose my grip and fall into the gully and land unhurt. At the bottom of the gully is the dark entrance of a cave. I’m frightened about what is going to come out of it, and I can’t climb up the side of the gully because there is a thick layer of leaves, so I can’t get a grip and keep sliding back down into the gully, as I keep an eye on the cave, then I wake myself up. I’d call it a nightmare, and although having it several time, it has not reoccured that I know of for at least 2 decades (if not longer), but I still remember it.

Many of the dreams where I wake myself up I would not categorize as nightmares, but they are very uncomfortable, in social or work related situations. And as I said in the other thread, normally I have to immediately concentrate on what happened in the dream, or it fades away seemingly in an instant.

Last edited:

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Mandatory quote #1: "We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe.” (The Upanishads)

Mandatory quote #2: "We’re like the dreamer who dreams and then lives inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?"