[Merged] Motorola Droid X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wirelessmacuser, Jun 27, 2010.

1. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

With the problem filled launch of the iPhone 4, Apple has paved the way for a strong launch of the Droid X.

Here's an except on one reporters take on it.

"With the new antenna and reception problem of iPhone 4 surfacing, Droid X might win the competition without much effort. Droid X comes with features like the 1GHz processor and 512 MB memory that makes this smart phone fast and efficient."

Source
    http://timesnewsworld.com/

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Droid X is ridiculously huge and has an annoying lump at the top. I would not want to carry that phone around, especially in my pocket. It's like a mini tablet with a bump.

I really don't like many of the Android phones, they are just big and bulky.

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I went to your URL and it belched up nothing.

4. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

Yeah the Droid X is looking really impressive atm. However, so did the iPhone 4 before all of the problems blew the hell up. Waiting til July 15th to even think about if the Droid X holds its own.

And Tom G., click Read more under the article...

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I tried the URL again and got through.

I also read the comments under the article and apparently the readers do not agree with the author at all. There were only 5 responses listed and not one agreed.

6. Bigrahizzle macrumors regular

Bigrahizzle

7. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

And you don't think the Droid X will have its own problems? Android is icky as it is. Too many force closes, although the extra RAM/better processor should help with that. The screen isn't the best (on the DROID that is), and they better have improved on that.

8. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

yeah, minus the mifi thing and the 8mp camera.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Errr... some reporting! The reporter didn't even bother to check the iPhone's specs apparently since they are exactly the same, ie., 1Ghz proc. & 512MB RAM. Of course the clock speed is somewhat useless not being able to compare chip to chip. But anyone who thinks the Droid X isn't anything more than a niche phone doesn't need to be writing on consumer products. Next.

MPs are another useless spec. Everyone knows its all about sensor size. I'd rather have a larger sensor and lower MP than vice versa any day.

10. Prise macrumors regular

Couldn't agree with you more.

I prefer my phone to be thin, and without a sliding keyboard. For my preference, the only phone I see comparable to the iPhone is the Samsung Galaxy S.

11. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Droid X isn't the only game In town either. Lots of good android phones around now.
    HTC incredible on verizon is excellent as is the HTC EVO on sprint.

12. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

what are all these problems people speak of? Some people having reception issues. thats 1 problem.

pfft... i mean you're right. your phone is a piece of crap. you guys better all just toss them in the trash and get droids.

Plus, the iPhone is the perfect size. Im not sure why so many of you around here want bigger screens. The screen on this phone is perfect. A lot of the droids with the 4.3" screen or whatever look way too big and i would never want to lug something that huge around in my pocket. They just seem big, bulky, and overal unpolished unorganized. The iPhone just looks so neat and clean and the user experience is fantastic as the rest of you diehard iphone lovers know.

13. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Android won't be a competitor until they start SHIPPING phones with the Froyo update. And even that update has been reported as feeling less polished than iOS.

Competition is always a good thing, but nothing beats the i4 right now. If you've got one in your hands, you can attest to how high quality it is.

14. takufu01 macrumors regular

No offense....who cares!

I think the choice of phone is a personal preference.....each phone has it's good and bad qualities....I don't feel compelled to defend my reasons for choosing an IPhone or condem those who chose something else...people take a choice of a phone way way to serious.....at the end of the day it's still just a phone....sorry for the vent but just tired of all the non sense you read

15. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

With that hump, maybe it should be called Droid Igor. Or Hunchback of Motorola.

Like the Evo, it will seem long and heavy in comparison to the iPhone 4. The size of the Droid Incredible is more comparable to the iPhone.

16. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

As a photographer more MP mean very little. Cramming more in a smaller space can result in a poorer images than less in the same space. The science of it is simple, more in the same place leads to increased image noise resulting in a poor image.

If the mifi thing is something you use a lot than you should get the droid.

17. fckdroid macrumors newbie

What's droid doing in the background with our personal data? Remember this is GOOGLE you're dealing with. Have you read goog's privacy policy for the droid?

18. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

This isn't as big of a failure/PR nightmare for the iPhone as people think. The iPhone 4 is going to sell like hotcakes anyway.

19. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The Droid X might be just a tad to big for one handed operation, or at least a comfortable one handed experience.

20. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Droid X has nice hardware and awful software. How about they spend some more time developing better software so their phones don't have to be as big as toaster ovens?

21. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I've heard this phrase numerous times this year from different android phones. Have any of them taken over as "the" smart phone over the iPhone?

22. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Why would you compare the droid x to the iphone. Its more the size of the ipad.

23. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

When the Droid X sells 600,000 phones two weeks prior to launch and 1.5 million phones on launch day...then Apple might have some competition.

24. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Agreed. Apple sells so many because it's a great product. The Droid X seems way too large with an odd form factor, and I personally don't care for the OS.

25. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

This mass hysteria around the iPhone 4s MINOR problems needs to stop.

The EVO's effing screens are detaching and it has massive light leakage AND 4G is practically NOWHERE but Sprint charges $10 more a month for it, but there isn't a nationwide news station epidemic about that...