Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spikerules

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Destroyed? How old are you 12?

Coming from the person that used the phrase "no sh** Sherlock" that's very rich!

I know what your point was and it was still stupid as I have explained. Okay you think just because you have a delivery date of June when ordering in April (or whenever it was) that you should have the band first. Okay you will likely get it first and before others ordering after you. However as explained Apple obviously had stock to ship in your time window, which so happens to be the same month of your delivery. They now have enough to ship to others who ordered later... but being illogical and downright selfish person that you seem to be, you would like Apple to withhold the stock for new customers just so you can have yours much before the others? The entitlement of people on the internet never ceases to amaze me!

As someone with half a brain once stated "How old are you 12?"

Last edited:

Diginari

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2015
Coming from the person that used the phrase "no sh** Sherlock" that's very rich!

I know what your point was and it was still stupid as I have explained. Okay you think just because you have a delivery date of June when ordering in April (or whenever it was) that you should have the band first. Okay you will likely get it first and before others ordering after you. However as explained Apple obviously had stock to ship in your time window, which so happens to be the same month of your delivery. They now have enough to ship to others who ordered later... but being illogical and downright selfish person that you seem to be, you would like Apple to withhold the stock for new customers just so you can have yours much before the others? The entitlement of people on the internet never ceases to amaze me!

As someone with half a brain once stated "How old are you 12?"

Not selfish at all, nor was it a cry for it to come before anyone else. It was more of a opinion based on how I saw it unfolding. They defiantly seem to be holding off on the bands, maybe to fulfil the watch orders, that's fine. Just give me a delivery date and I'd skip merrily away. In fact they did since we've started this to-and-throw, of delivered 1st of June, which last time I checked is close to May, but not technically May. Never mind.

Like I said it's no big deal, it's a £30 band.

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
FWIW, I got updated date information for my BSB. May? Barely!

Before:
a15ed03dfcb7d68f9e605fc93a784f84.jpg

After:
5164d75120b8810309f6b69fd5e40829.jpg

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
Just looked at the online store and all the leather loop shipping estimates changed from June / July to 2-4 weeks.

Looks like they are catching up with the supply.

ckiggins

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Stopped by again today just to see - still none in stock.

Looks like I won't have a sport band before I leave for vacation Thursday. :( Mine is scheduled to deliver 5/26-6/1.

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2012
I have to say that I find it somewhat confounding that bands are taking so long to be stocked in Apple Stores. I'd really like to buy a Bright Blue leather loop for my Sport 42mm and thought it would be readily available by now.

SonRK

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2011
I would like to pick up a sport band, but of course the stores don't have them yet.

bjdraw

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2008
Tampa FL
It seems the bands are what are causing the delays, so shipping bands to a store would be like shipping complete watches from a back order standpoint. I suspect once the pent up demand has been met, we'll finally see both watches and bands in the store at the same time.

will123

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
England
Store now showing white and green sports bands shipping 1-2 weeks down from 2-3 (UK store)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 00.26.07.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 00.26.07.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 00.26.13.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 00.26.13.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

oreo7504

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Store now showing white and green sports bands shipping 1-2 weeks down from 2-3 (UK store)

Still waiting for my sports bands to ship (I'm in the UK) that ordered on 27/5, gives me hope they may ship this week.

EDIT: just checked the Apple Store not all have 1-2 weeks dispatch, 38mm White, blue, green & pink have 1-2 weeks. The 42mm is white, blue & green 1-2 weeks dispatch.

So might be waiting for a bit longer as I ordered a black band with silver pin, & white band.

Last edited:

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Somebody really messed up here. Tim Cook was once described by Steve Jobs as a "master of the supply chain". Anticipating demand and securing supply was a critical part of Cook's former role and something he was very good at. As CEO, he dropped the ball on this.

Before setting a ship date, they should've had confidence that Watches and accessories would be ready to be shipped to stores at the advertised date.

Last edited:

bgdrew

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2011
I'm guessing most of the bands are ready to ship. It's just not a good PR move to have all of those bands available to purchase when people who purchased those varieties of the watches are still having problems receiving their orders.

My guess is you'll see most bands available in store in mid-June.

bjdraw

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2008
Tampa FL
Somebody really messed up here. Tim Cook was once described by Steve Jobs as a "master of the supply chain". Anticipating demand and securing supply was a critical part of Cook's former role and something he was very good at. As CEO, he dropped the ball on this.

Before setting a ship date, they should've had confidence that Watches and accessories would be ready to be shipped to stores at the advertised date.

So Apple should have made everyone wait another month or so, so that so many would've receive their watch before others? I disagree, that is a bigger gamble with no real upside.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I have to say that I find it somewhat confounding that bands are taking so long to be stocked in Apple Stores. I'd really like to buy a Bright Blue leather loop for my Sport 42mm and thought it would be readily available by now.

Being that the watches are not even sold in stores yet, I don't find it surprising.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
Was in the Costa Mesa, CA store last weekend and they only had chargers, no bands.

Ordered a Blue SB online and it's been sitting at preparing for shipment over a day now. Credit card charged. But, on the plus side, at least I know it's gonna ship soon?!

Est. delivery date is May 22 - June 1.

Presonance

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
I saw a couple of Apple Store employees on Reddit saying that stores will have some bands (probably just the sport bands) in store next week.

dwjpaypal

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
Selfridges London

Was at the Selfridges Apple concession this morning.

They had Milanese in the 38 & 42, all sport strap colours in all sizes (apart from Black sport with SG pin).

On friday when I was there they had LL in brown and black.

They haven't, and apparently won't be getting the link in until June/July.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David

LewisChapman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2015
Visited an Apple UK store today (Cribs Causeway) and after chatting to an employee and trying on a few bands, he mentioned that in the back of the shop they had a small stock of Pink and White sports straps for sale. I was after black and so didn't purchase one.

On a slightly unrelated note, the black sports band they had for demo was looking a bit shiny/worn..wasn't a great selling point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.