Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

six212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
NYC
Sorry it is very small but if you can read it was actually "shipped" the 12th. No tracking info yet though. By the way I am in NYC. http://tinypic.com/r/2nrllll/5

ModNote: Please use this thread, officially dubbed official by me, on this day of our Lord 15 June 2009, 08:07 CDT, to discuss having a tracking number, show off your tracking number, criticize those who don't have tracking numbers, seek sympathy because you don't have a tracking number, criticize those who do have a tracking number, or otherwise chronicle the progress of your iPhone from whence it came unto you. :) --mkrishnan

Davide82

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2009
WTH, if that's true you should be getting one by wendsday for sure. I'm no parcel expert but I did work in a UPS plant for about a year. If you are in NYC and that thing shipped on the 12th you should definitely be seeing that thing before the 19th. Unless all this shipping stuff that we are seeing is just a preliminary shipping procedure where they then just hold the thing at a closer outlet and wait for 1.5 days before they ship again. I don't know. What I do know is that I be going insane if I start to see a bunch of threads titled "got mine!" before the 19th and I haven't "got mine" yet.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
Where's the line item for your phone?

It also says quantity shipped 0 which doesn't make sense if it shipped Friday.

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Mine shows shipped, too!

Also shows shipped on the 12th; mine has a tracking number but it isn't updated with proposed arrival date yet. Mine is going to the AT&T store anyway, so I can't get my hands on it until the 19th... but... progress is good just the same!

Attachments

• at&t2.JPG
    at&t2.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 2,851

veterator

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2007
Oklahoma
If you can't get it until Friday anyway does it really matter that it has shipped early. If it was shipping directly to your address and could be used early that would be exciting news.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
when i try and enter the tracking # in UPS it cant find it .. anyone know why

Well, I know at my work, we can generate labels and tracking numbers but don't have to actually give the package to the carrier. Essentially, Apple could spend 3 days printing out labels and slapping them on boxes, and then give all the boxes to Fedex when they are done, on say, Wednesday.

Also, even if they did release it today, your tracking number doesn't register in the database to track until the driver picks it up, or sometimes, when that driver goes back to his station at night.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
If you can't get it until Friday anyway does it really matter that it has shipped early. If it was shipping directly to your address and could be used early that would be exciting news.

Knowing you'll have a phone first thing Friday is a good thing. I doubt they'll give them out early, but I'll be asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.