Message to All Jailbreakers and Future Jailbreakers

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RickyD53, Apr 24, 2010.

1. RickyD53 macrumors regular

Hello fellow MacRumors members. I understand that jailbreak Developers such as Dev Team and Geohot don't want to release a new jailbreak until a new iPhone releases or when 4.0 releases. But what I don't think they understand is that by not releasing one now they are losing out on consumers who just got an iPhone 3gs with 3.1.3 and want to jailbreak or previous jailbreaking customers who inevitably got 3.1.3. They did tell everyone not to upgrade but what about the people who's phone happened to break and had to get a replacement, or the people who just bought one or other random by possible cases. Like myself my phones plug for the charger broke, I had to get a replacement and it came with 3.1.3. Now I can't use the 60 dollars of apps I purchased from Cydia. I just think it's not a smart decision for the marketing of their jailbreaks. I don't know how much you guys agree with me on it but I'd like your opinions. No flaming please, keep it cordial.

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

"losing out" ?
    "marketing" ?

WTF :eek:

You'll just have to wait... like anyone else in the same shoes.

3. RickyD53 thread starter macrumors regular

I am waiting out. But my professor brought this exact thing up in my economics class. And he made some great points.

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Hmmm....I think you are confusing textbook economics with the real world. I doubt he brought up the economics of jailbreaking. Nice try kiddo. Keep studying and you'll understand why we have to inconvenience the few for the good of the greater population.

5. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Jailbreaking is neither endorsed or supported by Apple. You knowingly (or perhaps the nature of this thread shows otherwise) took a chance on this when you modified your device and purchased those apps. I don't see anything wrong with them waiting to release, ensuring that 4.0 and the new iPhone is "jailbreakable". The value of that trumps your points. :)

6. RickyD53 thread starter macrumors regular

No he actually did talk about how jailbreaking is a big thing and if the developers of these jailbreaks would market them a little better they would actually make more money than they'd think. Because people realy do buy the apps from the cydia store, people really do donate money to dev team and geohot.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    You'll make it fine a few months without your JB.

8. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Who is donating to the Dev Team? They don't take or even encourage anyone to donate to them. Dev Team, and Geohot are not making the apps, not even Saurik is. Individual developers are...

9. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I never have or will buy a hack i will donate etc but pay before use is crazy.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Otherwise we might lose the chance to jailbreak the new iPhone. What's a few months?

11. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

help

jailbreakers i need help please.

i have a iphone 3gs with 3.1.3 firmware. i have been trying to jailbreak my iphone with: redsn0w_win_9.4 and iphone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_restore.

After i run the program the phone just sits there. i waited 10+ min and nothing. if i then hold the power button it turns back on not jailbroke.

its a "42" version in the serial number. what am i doing wrong?

12. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Facepalm.

13. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

what is "facepalm"

nevermind i just googled it, if your not going to help then nevermind.

ok been doing some reading and i guess i am out of luck with this. sorry im new to this, as of yesterday, and i wanted to give it a go.

14. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

If you're not gonna Google the issue then nevermind. :)

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not currently possible to JB a 3GS on 3.1.3

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

He googled the facepalm comment but not his question :D

17. bmms8 macrumors 68020

im not to sure why everyone is speaking like youre an idiot.. but think of it this way.. if they release the tools now, then apple can fix the holes they currently use. it does make sense to keep the JB to themselves since they can help a lot more people after 4.0 is out. moral is, help a couple now, or help a few later. i understand you bought products from cydia and its not fair, but its best for the JB community to wait it out. GL.

18. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

no i did not, i came on here to ask people that know more than me about this stuff that i know nothing about. i figured since most of the people on here know alot about this stuff i would go here 1st and get a complete and accurate answer, instead of going to google. but thanks for your "help"

19. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Perhaps if you said "Hey guys, I found X information out there and I was looking for more help on X, can someone help?" it may have helped. :)

Also, posting in a relevant thread with your issue (or creating a new one if needed) would probably be advisable.

20. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

ok noted.... like it says on the left "newbie" ill be the first to admit, i am learning how all this works.

21. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sorry for your treatment. They should have at least given you an answer while posting their facepalm. It's easy to post "facepalm" or "Google it."

22. anitrajw macrumors regular

But you also hijacked someone's thread, not :cool:

23. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

Actually I think you got it all wrong. Nor does the Dev Team nor Geohot sell you apps through Cydia, and they don't sell you the Jailbraking software either so they're not losing costumers nor money. If you want to have a jailbrake that can assure you you could use your apps in every firmware then you should ask the people who sold you the apps not the people who made jailbrake available since they have no contract with you. IMHO

Ps: If you could correct my english that would be great :)

24. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

sorry, but the premise for this thread is ridiculous

25. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Ha, this whole thread reminds me of Matt Damon schooling that guy in the bar in Good Will Hunting.