Messages in iCloud not found in Messages App

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by danielhigginz, Apr 1, 2018.

1. danielhigginz macrumors newbie

I want to see my iMessages ( which are stored in iCloud available to my iOS devices ) in my macOS Messages app. I can't seem to get this working. I was in contact with Apple Support and they said that macOS doesn't currently support this feature but I find this hard to believe. I think It has something to do with the fact that in Messages/Preferences/Accounts/Settings under the checkbox "Enable this account" I am missing the "Enable Messages on iCloud" checkbox. Any ideas? Screenshots below.

[​IMG]

2. chrfr macrumors 604

Apple support is correct. The feature is not available even though it was in the betas.

3. danielhigginz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply, this has been driving me up the wall. I can’t believe that this feature hasn’t been fully implemented across all devices. It seems like something obvious that should work.

4. Chazzle macrumors 68000

Chazzle

It's also not in iOS 11.3.

5. centauratlas macrumors 6502a

centauratlas

Well, it is in iOS 11.4, but still don't see it in 10.13.4, nor do I see it in watchOS 4.3.1 released today along with 11.4.

6. TSloper74 macrumors member

Apple is really blowing it on the software front these days. Sync across ALL of your devices... as long as all of your devices are iPads or iPhones.

$ can't buy love nor can it buy quality software development it seems. 11.4 is still messing up CarPlay audio. But hey... I can send a sh^t Animoji reliably each and every time.

7. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed