Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Hate to tell you but if it has ports it's a mini laptop not a tablet. You want the external keyboard and since the Surface is already 10+" then you want a 11" MacBook Air or if you are anti Apple go for an ultra book

hate to tell you but i suggest you look up what the criteria is for a tablet...the number of ports on the device has little to do with it with what makes a tablet.

Ishmumrhmn

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2012
hate to tell you but i suggest you look up what the criteria is for a tablet...the number of ports on the device has little to do with it with what makes a tablet.

What he said

And if you(irobby) think tablets can't have ports, please take a look at windows tablets(the windows 7, XP ones)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
what does this have to do with the youtube video that was trying to say that Microsoft copied off of Apple?

At the very beginning of the video, it is pointed out that Steve Jobs' iPad presentation is two years earlier. (Although it's stated in terms of months)

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
At the very beginning of the video, it is pointed out that Steve Jobs' iPad presentation is two years earlier. (Although it's stated in terms of months)

and? the purpose of the video was to show the similarities between the two presentations and suggest that microsoft copied apple 2 years later.

if the video was going to show steve jobs smooth scrolling and then the microsoft surface freezing, it should have shown microsoft showing off the wireless speeds and then steve jobs unable to load a web page (yeah i know it was the iphone 4, but zoom in and call it an iPad and have some fun with it)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
and? the purpose of the video was to show the similarities between the two presentations and suggest that microsoft copied apple 2 years later.

if the video was going to show steve jobs smooth scrolling and then the microsoft surface freezing, it should have shown microsoft showing off the wireless speeds and then steve jobs unable to load a web page (yeah i know it was the iphone 4, but zoom in and call it an iPad and have some fun with it)

Hey, I didn't make the video, ok? I was just trying to explain why I thought it was funnu, that's all. And yesh, it would have been funny to compare the iPhone4 wifi fail to the Surface freezing fail. Maybe if we are lucky, someone will make that video!

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I especially like at time index 0:50 where he goes...

"Woops... hang on a... what... ahh... excuse me just a second... Surface works great for entertainment."

If ever there was a more compelling reason NOT to buy this product lol. :D

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
this whole conversations reminds me of a quote from T.S. Eliot:

Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal; bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better, or at least something different.

it has yet to be seen what class Microsoft fits into but it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Hey, I didn't make the video, ok? I was just trying to explain why I thought it was funnu, that's all. And yesh, it would have been funny to compare the iPhone4 wifi fail to the Surface freezing fail. Maybe if we are lucky, someone will make that video!

yeah that iphone 4 wifi problem was an EPIC failure, and was just the start of steve jobs blaming everyone else except apple for their iphone 4 problems

until finally it was admitted that the reception was a design defect

my 4S is great though!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
yeah that iphone 4 wifi problem was an EPIC failure, and was just the start of steve jobs blaming everyone else except apple for their iphone 4 problems

until finally it was admitted that the reception was a design defect

my 4S is great though!

Well, I really don't think the wifi fail at the keynote has any relation to the antenna problems...

I skipped the 4, and now have an 4S. Working great for me, too!

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Well, I really don't think the wifi fail at the keynote has any relation to the antenna problems...

I skipped the 4, and now have an 4S. Working great for me, too!

yeah i know, i didn't mean to make it sound like the presentation signal issue was due to the antenna.

i was just commenting that it was the first of several accusations blaming others for whatever the problem was with the phone (instead of blaming the phone itself)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.