Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
"Windows ... Life Without Walls"

Ouch!

Kind of a subtle sting to Apple's slightly walled garden, or am I reading into that a bit much? Either way, it has some creativity to it in it's own way. Curious to see what Apple's response, or new ad craze will be!.

image.php

paolo-

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
Wow, that was pretty good. One thing I don't like about apple is the perception people have of their products. Bottom line, they're computers that run a special os. If you think you're above someone because your computer actually works... wait what am I saying here ? :rolleyes:

pinkmini4life

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2008
Altoona, PA
i like it, i think the whole war over which is better is played out anyways... each has their ups and downs and it's all about which you prefer. i can't stand the people that look down on windows users like they're inferior or something... me? i use both, and i like it that way. so i guess i'm a mac and a pc

notnek

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
i posted on another thread about this.

did anyone think that astronaut looked like carl weathers?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
this is playing into Apple's hands---that Apple is like the BMW of computers, and basically what people should want to save their money for.
The problem being that you have to save money to buy a Mac. :rolleyes:

In doing small upgrades over the year to my tower I've gotten enough spare parts to build another PC.

brokoli

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2007
good commercial, addresses well without ending up being pretentious like that apple guy in the apple commercials

pomus

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2007
The ad is nice and entertaining, but I see more truth on the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ads. Not in the persona of "PC", but more in the problems that he runs into.

IOW, this ad doesn't tell me why I should buy anything Microsoft; It just reminds me of how Microsoft has the ability to fool such a diverse audience.

Again, I like the ad itself, but I would have rather had Microsoft use those Millions to create a better OS. :rolleyes: .

miiles

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2008
California
I did a special study. I am an expert in studies and statistics. Ihave a pH.d in statistical research programs.

I found that most computers are Macs. PCs sell more only because they break more and must be replaced.

About 30% of the world uses Windows. and 75% uses Mac. 5% use Linux.

Mac wins whichever way you do the special research that i perform.

Your "special research" is horribly wrong.

rpaloalto

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
Palo Alto CA.
Wow microsuck sure is desperate.
That was so bad. They were doing pretty good with the sinefeild and bill commercials. Then they drop this one on us.

Steve Ballmer is obviously behind this decision, it's got his sign of stupidity all over it.

space1nvaders

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2004
What is MS doing?

MS basically acknowledged that Apple is doing a better job by acknowledging the Apple Ad campaign. Again, MS cannot come up with an original idea!

It amazes me with all the money MS has that they can't set any standards like Apple has done. They keep trying this and announcing that but not doing anything.

MAKE WINDOWS GREAT! That's the secret. Who cares about the rest. I will never go back to Windows until it is better than Mac OS X. No ad is going to make me use Windows.

Tensakun

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
Akashi, Japan
kudos, MS

I liked it--it was cute. Decent production values and snappy. Only dig at Apple was how they stereotype so simplistically. Apple ads seem kinda snarky (and, to be fair, sometimes misleading) by comparison.:cool:

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
That ad sucks.

All they say is Im a Mac. So what can we conclude from that? a WIDE range of people are stupid ignorant idiots who wont explore the alternatives?

Plus the beginning Justin Long look alike was cringe worthy.
I like where this is going. I hope Microsoft stays on track with these ads.

RRRize

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
I'm a Mac. And if I were a PC at this juncture in time I would be so ashamed of those ads from Microsoft... I'd want to be a Mac.

sunwukong

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
Not a bad comeback

Not a bad comeback, but should have been done a long time ago.

I thought it was a good response, although unclever, clumsy, obvious, tactless, pointed, non-subtle, defensive, immature (what, are they gonna cry?? mean ol' Mac making fun of them??), ham-handed, it was a solid response. A stupid response but a solid response. :D

They took the Apple ads too personal -- their response was like they were hurt, and saying directly, 'hey, i don't either suck'.

They couldn't come up with something a little more clever and fun? :confused:

It's like they're trying to capitalize and leverage all the people that feel personally wounded from the Mac/PC ads, trying to rally them all. Still no class. Although Longoria is 'teh new hotness'! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.