Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shasterball

Suspended
Oct 19, 2007
Much better than Seinfeld because it has a point. But again, come up with your OWN idea. You have $300 million!!!!!!!! You can't get a consulting or ad firm to do something here?

mrJnC

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2007
"I'm a PC and instead of fixing my OS, I'm gonna spend a quarter billion on marketing." ;)

Mykbibby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
I posted my entire thoughts about it on my blog.

In a nutshell, I think these ads are genius, and Microsoft couldn't have done any better.

UPDATE: Waking up the next morning in retrospect, I think the ads make Microsoft look a little desparate. If they had simply removed the PC guy at the start, I think it would have been great.

Thiopentone

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2008
About time that elitist Apple advertising series got the slapdown it deserved.

I'm a PC (five, actually), and still can't afford a Mac...

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
i posted on another thread about this.

did anyone think that astronaut looked like carl weathers?

I don't think he was an Astronaut. It is not allowed... NASA can not be endorsed or paid by any "private" businesses. All their funding must come from the government. I am very confused as to how this is working..

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
I approve. Funny. Clever. I like Jerry Seinfeld, but those commercials made no sense. This people can respond to.

awmawm

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2008
The money would be much better spent on the OS. ;)

Then again the problems I have on Vista are from non-Microsoft programmers.

At least you seem to know where your Vista problems originate from. My Vista problems are caused by -depending on which side you are on- by "incompetent" user, MS, hardware vendor, third apps vendor, network admin, family, friends, Bush, Obama, McCain.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Very lame.

Although, it features regular people that use windows.

I see that it can appeal to every day people. However, its still kind of lame and unimaginative.

It does get a message across, very quickly, unlike the other adverts.

stainlessliquid

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2006
No more Hodgman commercials. Apple just got their ass royally handed to them. They would have to be crazy to continue with those ads, they cant respond back without insulting people further.

Im just surprised it took this long to come out with a commercial that gives Apple the finger. Any PC manufacturer could have done the same thing.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Given that it was only a couple weeks ago that the news came out one of the International Space Station computers was infected with a virus, I'm not sure they should've included the astronaut saying "I'm a PC" in this ad...

mwxiao

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
CT
Exactly how do these commercials make you go out and buy Windows? :confused:

They don't. Actually it's they don't have to. Windows already dominate the market.

That's why there is PC in I'm a Mac commercial, while there is only PC in I'm a PC commercial.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
At least these commercials have a point.

I own PCs and I prefer doing most of my computing on my Macs. That would have been my response.

Anyways, the only thing I've got from these commercials, is that MS lacks a sense of humor and their idea of what's cool is out of date.

<]=)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.