Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
f1477588393-800x452.jpg

Let's start a caption competition for "What's Tim Cook thinking"?

Maybe "Sheesh, couldn't Microsoft have made those blocks thinner?"

Reactions: jeevestobs

sudo1996

Suspended
Aug 21, 2015
Berkeley, CA, USA
Awesome, since I own the iPad version, I should be all set to go the next time I boot up my Apple TV, right?

It's the same internals as the iPad, no?
The Apple TV does have the same internals, but I doubt the game is the same.
[doublepost=1482166450][/doublepost]
Yeah, but imagine how much easier it is going to be for him to show you what he is doing or has done if it is on the family TV in the living room. You might even want to encourage that so that he interacts more with the family while messing around with it.
He could always AirPlay from his PC to the TV. Not to be one of those "PC gamer" people, but the PC version of this particular game is really the version to play due to server and mod support.

Reactions: 69Mustang

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Isn't that what it costs on all platforms?

Yeah its the same price (in the U.S. at least) on a Xbone or a PS/4 and the graphics look about the same. Not sure how you could use the regular controller for this - would think you'd definitely want the game controller.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Yeah, but can you save the game in iCloud and then continue it on your iPad? I am guessing the answer is NO (unless you spring additional cash for Realms), therefore I'm not going to get this for my kid, because there's little point if she can't continue working on her world.

Reactions: lazyrighteye

Gigatel

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2013
So this appears to be the mobile version of the game, correct? Not the desktop version?

SirRahikkala

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2016
oh come on folks, $20 is not breaking the bank and they frequently update the minecraft universe, well worth supporting.

I rarely hear positive things about the Microsoft owned products or services on this forum.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
So this is different than the Pocket Edition we may already have purchased on the AppStore? Pass.

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
I rarely hear positive things about the Microsoft owned products or services on this forum.
I'm quite happy with my Office 365 subscription. Windows 10 is also fairly decent, although I would not switch to it from Mac.

Right now, though, I'm going through a hellish time untangling my organization's mess of Windows Servers...

Reactions: SirRahikkala

Zimmy68

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2008
I think the breakdown of versions goes like this.

Mobile "Pocket" edition (iPhone and iPad)
Full Windows/MAC Java version for PCs.
Console version (PS3,Xbox360,PS4, Wii U, Xbox One) which is like the PC version but more limited.

I'm guessing the aTV version matches the console one.

It's a big pass for me but I am not a Minecraft fan.
But I would like to know who it is for?
If you are serious about Minecraft, what benefit does this version give you?
I would think it would be the last version you would buy.

usurffree

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2014
Kentucky
My 8 year old has already sent a text. Kids have already started spreading this like gasoline on a fire. Guess I'll pull the trigger when home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.