Ming-Chi Kuo: iPhone X Production Currently Just <10K Units Per Day, Blush Gold Color May Launch Later

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 11, 2017.

1. sulpfiction macrumors 68040

sulpfiction

Black X 256 or 512 is all I need. iPad, iPhone, MacBook pro, & iMac all ready to go for preorder.

2. iScone macrumors 6502

iScone

I'd prefer them to delay launch than to announce something that won't be available to most people for months. All this is going to do is stress us all out when preorders start.

I also think it's shortsighted to say it won't have an impact on Apple's bottom line. Customers have two high end phones - the X and the Note8. One of them isn't available for ages and the other is. Your phone contract is up. What do you do? Apple is playing a dangerous game assuming everyone's just going to hang on until they sort themselves out.

3. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

Guess I won't be getting one of these anytime soon then, Pre-orders will be into the months territory by the time I get around to ordering one.

4. Karma*Police macrumors 68000

Yeah, normally, 10K/day is a lot for most electronic devices, but a pittance for iPhone. If this rumor is true, my guess is iPhone X will go for big bucks on eBay.

5. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

6. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

If we are looking until end of the year then note 8 just got very tempting

7. filmantopia macrumors 6502a

filmantopia

Gruber talked about this on his recent podcast. Basically if they're not having production issues, they're not pushing hard enough. There should always be a challenge in building the product-- but the supply/manufacturing challenges will get worked out over time, if not the moment it goes on sale.

8. desmond2046 macrumors regular

desmond2046

If Ming-Chi Kuo says something, you better believe it. Remember when he first said FaceID will replace TouchID and nobody believed. Now everyone agrees with him.

9. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

So this guy is issuing research notes daily now? Good grief. The fact that rumor sites are amongst the first to get his stupid notes just shows what a joke they are.

10. nviz22 macrumors 603

nviz22

The Blush Gold is a crap color, so I won't order that. So the line will be shorter on that one.

11. iPhonefan200 macrumors regular

I know who he is, but first it was “ delayed due to Touchid” which then got redacted then “ oh no delayed because OLED screen “ again redacted , now its “ oh we cant make this colour right “

iPhone 7 “ Delayed due to diffulties with home button “ and “ delayed because of duel camera supply “

I can go back further but I seriously cant be bothered, don’t believe anything on supposed delays because they are usually just tactics to drop the stock market so people can buy up ready for it to increase after announcement day. Every IPhone has been “delayed” and every Iphone rolled out fine and i strongly believe Apple will not make this any different

12. Mr. Dee macrumors 68000

Mr. Dee

I'm conflicted, I want an iPad Pro 12.9, a new iPhone, but I don't know if I should consider last years 7 Plus Jet Black or this years iPhone 8 Plus Jet Black or iPhone X.

First world problems?

13. desmond2046 macrumors regular

desmond2046

The first one who predicted the form factor, screen size, resolution, notch, function area, FaceID of the iPhone X. That guy is sure a joke.

I can tell you most of the rumors are just repeating what Ming-Chi Kuo said.

14. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

I don't want the ginger phone anyway, so that's cool. 256 or higher capacity Silver for me, on Apple Upgrade upgrade.

15. michael siccofield macrumors newbie

michael siccofield

Maybe it's a sign from the god of the yield issues and you shouldn't launch vomit colored iphone at all.

16. GrumpyMom, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017

GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

It's just a color variant on a glass and metal frames phone so why the delay? Samsung churns out glass backed purple and blue and gold and black phones with matching metal frames with no problems that I've heard of.

I can't quite understand, being a layman and all, why copper coloring is causing them more problems than black or white. After all, the glass backs are new to all the new models. It's not a new color process for aluminum. It's not a new finish for aluminum like jet black. It's just another shade of paint or coating on the glass.

It's interesting that the brand new color is going to be so rare. I would almost suspect a marketing ploy, except there are too many reasons this would backfire on them. And the new iPhone X is already going to be hard to get a hold of, regardless of color.

Edit to add that there doesn't seem to be any mention of delays for the Blush Gold iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. Weird. It can't be just about the color then.

17. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

Blush Gold will be the new white iPhone 4 :O

18. iPhonefan200 macrumors regular

It
    i don’t believe anybody over delays other than Apple. If you go though the amount of reports on delays for every Iphone launch u will see the pattern, and every iPhone launched fine.

19. Eorlas macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 7 & 7+ were pretty constrained for a while, especially if you wanted matte, or forbid, jet black. I know this first hand since if it were not for istocknow along with the iphone upgrade program loophole, I would not have been able to grab one launch weekend and that wasn't until Sunday.

20. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I'm sure that was true at the start of ramp up. I'd be very doubtful it's true now because it would mean iPhone X's could be backordered into 2018. That would 101% ruin Apple's 1Q sales which must smash 1Q 2017 results or AAPL will tank and TC will look like a schnook.

I can't speak for others but if I have to wait until Jan for an iPhone I'll just wait until next Sep. Ultimately it's just another iPhone. They all run the same OS with almost the same features. That is the pressure Apple is under and why I think the 10K number is likely very outdated. I suspect iPhone X will meet demand by early Nov. same as last years iPhone 7+.

21. newdeal macrumors 68020

thats just because they aren't making all of them in China anymore

22. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

Yup. The iPhone 6 Plus was brand new territory for Apple, wasn’t supposed to be released until at least October ... keynote came and boom it was available for preorder and I received mine on launch day.

23. adamjackson macrumors 68000

Dang, there are a lot of negative Comments here.

• It's a cutting edge phone
    • It has a new color (which is always hard for apple to get the color correctly remember delays with white (iPhone 4) and Jet Black (iPhone 7)?
    • It's going to be expensive
    • Apple is not intentionally constraining supply
    • Supposedly the thing was still having design concessions 6 weeks ago with Touch ID and Bezels

every year we go through this. The new color and lowest storage capacity are always severely constrained for weeks. Now we have a further complication with OLED yields being pretty low. I really don't expect to get one at release. Not sure how long I want to wait though.

24. iPhonefan200 macrumors regular

Yeah any iPhone launch weekend is going to be limited stock. Just like all major phone releases , I’m expecting that. What I don’t believe is the claim this phone will be delayed for months. There is no way 10k units a day are being produced at this point in time and no way Apple have only 300k units for its biggest launch since IPhone 6. Unless their is evidence from Foxxcon documents I’m not going to believe him.