Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2014
I wonder if he is referencing only the blush gold model, is being produced around 10k a day, but the other colors are being produced in better quantities.

Rob_2811

Suspended
Mar 18, 2016
United Kingdom
Actual footage of Phil Schiller rehearsing the announcement of the blush gold phone ...

giphy.gif

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
This has me worried the X will be a limited edition phone that’s not meant to be owned by us common folk but a celebrity status item like the edition watch.

DoctorTech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
Apple sold 78,290,000 iPhones in the first quarter of fiscal year 2017. Assuming similar demand for new iPhones this year and just half of those orders are for the iPhone X, at a production capacity of 10,000 per day, it would take 10.5 years to fill orders from just the first quarter after release. If this story is true, Apple is going to have to ramp up production REALLY quickly or lose tens of millions of customers who refuse to wait until next summer for a new phone.

Rob_2811

Suspended
Mar 18, 2016
United Kingdom
Apple sold 78,290,000 iPhones in the first quarter of fiscal year 2017. Assuming similar demand for new iPhones this year and just half of those orders are for the iPhone X, at a production capacity of 10,000 per day, it would take 10.5 years to fill orders from just the first quarter after release. If this story is true, Apple is going to have to ramp up production REALLY quickly or lose tens of millions of customers who refuse to wait until next summer for a new phone.

Still they'll probably arrive before the new Mac Pro. Every cloud..

Reactions: DoctorTech and citi

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
I think if you go into an ATT store that day you will be waiting a few months to get it. I will be trying through the ATT website for the first time this year. Have you had any experience with this and if you have, is there anything I should know or look out for?

I haven't tried the ATT app or website

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016

And yet the conspiracy theorists insist that it's fake scarcity because for some reason Apple want to do destroy their ASP.

Reactions: FriendlyMackle

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Well, at least I'm fine with any version of the X if the front bezels are always black. Hell, I could go with either the 128 or 256 gb versions too. I'm going to jump on the first one I can get.
[doublepost=1505164435][/doublepost]

Blah, you can always return your iPhone very easily to the closest Apple Store to replace your unit if something isn't right.

Everybody doesn't have an Apple Store close to them of course I could return it but the question is do I want to buy day one and see if it has issues seeing this a new design for Apple or wait a month or two and read reports

This has me worried the X will be a limited edition phone that’s not meant to be owned by us common folk but a celebrity status item like the edition watch.

I think you'll see plenty of common folk having this phone because they can just pay an extra $40 a month on their bill to pay for the phone. Now if you were required to pay the full price at the time then yeah it would probably slow the avg joe down from buying one

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Well, at least I'm fine with any version of the X if the front bezels are always black. Hell, I could go with either the 128 or 256 gb versions too. I'm going to jump on the first one I can get.
[doublepost=1505164435][/doublepost]

Blah, you can always return your iPhone very easily to the closest Apple Store to replace your unit if something isn't right.

Exactly...and AT&T will charge a restocking fee if you return the iPhone.

Danbrown521

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Lakeland, Fl
sounds like the blush gold will be this years jet black iPhone.. the rare unicorn of iPhones
[doublepost=1505171943][/doublepost]
I haven't tried the ATT app or website
I think if you go into an ATT store that day you will be waiting a few months to get it. I will be trying through the ATT website for the first time this year. Have you had any experience with this and if you have, is there anything I should know or look out for?
This will be my third time trying to preorder on a att Next program. I had to wait about a month last year. When you went to the website it had a page that counted down to to the preorder start. A lot of people kept refreshing the page. Supposedly you don't want to do that, you are in a line queue of sorts. I don't know for sure. Thats what is what I heard

Reactions: PSUGrad07

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
I'd prefer them to delay launch than to announce something that won't be available to most people for months. All this is going to do is stress us all out when preorders start.

I also think it's shortsighted to say it won't have an impact on Apple's bottom line. Customers have two high end phones - the X and the Note8. One of them isn't available for ages and the other is. Your phone contract is up. What do you do? Apple is playing a dangerous game assuming everyone's just going to hang on until they sort themselves out.
None of this matters and I’ll tell you why.
1. The whole point of the announcement is for people to hype it and you wanting it. That business 101.
2. Apple knows, as all of us here know, if your anxiously waiting for Apple to release the new shiny iPhone X your not just going to say “well I really want an iPhone X, but I’ll just settle for a note 8”. Apple isn’t losing ANY customers because it’s iphone X is delayed and Apple knows this, hence why they are who they are and you and all of us are on forums talking about it.

Sorry but, it is, what it is.

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
That isnt months, it was 6 weeks , and only the final orders where November. Most received them in October and it met the 3-4 week mark.
I just don’t believe this rumour theres little evidence to support it. Also apple are confidently holding its event September 12th. If the production is so bad to 10k a day, why host it so early just to tell us it will be late. They could have held the event end of September and not the start while they catch up on production.

Just thought I'd stop by after the keynote to point out Ming was not wrong.

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
Urrg your one of those . Doesn't mean **** , just because it's release is one month later doesn't mean Apple is producing 10k units a day.

Chill. Its pre-order date is over a month and a half after the keynote, with a launch in November.

Ming was not the only one to suggest there would be a major delay over the usual launch period. My guess is they were not able to really get it going until fairly recently, and rather than have loads of disappointment for the simultaneous release, they're holding back the launch to get more stock ready for day 1.

iPhonefan200

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2016
Chill. Its pre-order date is over a month and a half after the keynote, with a launch in November.

Ming was not the only one to suggest there would be a major delay over the usual launch period. My guess is they were not able to really get it going until fairly recently, and rather than have loads of disappointment for the simultaneous release, they're holding back the launch to get more stock ready for day 1.

Yeah i agree with you ! I think they don’t want the PR of “ apples flagship device being over 5 months on a waiting list” so they have been strategic and upped production and are delaying a month and a bit so they can have little to no backlog. I just still don’t believe the 10K units a day giving that he predicted limited production in a colour non existent

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
Yeah i agree with you ! I think they don’t want the PR of “ apples flagship device being over 5 months on a waiting list” so they have been strategic and upped production and are delaying a month and a bit so they can have little to no backlog. I just still don’t believe the 10K units a day giving that he predicted limited production in a colour non existent

This will also get people who dont want to wait for their new phone out of the way. Many people already saying that they're going 8/8+ which I'm quite fine with.

They may have decided not to mass make the gold color at this point so they can just focus on getting the phone out the door in quantities that will make people happy.

iPhonefan200

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2016
This will also get people who dont want to wait for their new phone out of the way. Many people already saying that they're going 8/8+ which I'm quite fine with.

They may have decided not to mass make the gold color at this point so they can just focus on getting the phone out the door in quantities that will make people happy.

Yeah maybe so, two colours felt unusual. And in Uk because it’s matching the USA at £999 so many people are going with 8/8plus to and I’m fine with it myself, better chance of a release day one hahahaha

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
Yeah maybe so, two colours felt unusual. And in Uk because it’s matching the USA at £999 so many people are going with 8/8plus to and I’m fine with it myself, better chance of a release day one hahahaha

Right? More for the rest of us who want the extra shiny.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.