Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cousin Dirk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
London, UK
Caps lock. Scientific calculator. Screenshots. A separate 'contacts' app for the iPhone.

This is what I like about the iPhone updates... there are a lot of subtle improvements that you only notice when you need them....

MarkW19

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2002
Surrey, UK
Caps lock. Scientific calculator. Screenshots. A separate 'contacts' app for the iPhone.

This is what I like about the iPhone updates... there are a lot of subtle improvements that you only notice when you need them....

Definitely.

Capslock has been there for a while though, and what's with that Contacts app?! I want to delete it but I can't!

cloudbreaker

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Lock sound gone with 2.0

Has anyone noticed the lock sound has now gone with 2.0? Mine still makes a sound when using the slider to unlock. But no longer makes a sound when using the top button to lock.

Another think for Apple to fix is the lack of synchronicity between the calendar colours in iCal and the iPhone. The colour coding only syncs up when using MobileMe, not yet over the USB sync.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
Has anyone noticed the lock sound has now gone with 2.0? Mine still makes a sound when using the slider to unlock. But no longer makes a sound when using the top button to lock.

Mine still does that - check you have it turned on in settings > sounds.

chrissmash

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2007
There was always a .com key on it!

Deleting emails is a far better system now, allows batch deletion.

naujoks

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
London, UK
One Very, Very annoying change is to contacts. I am using MobileMe so this may be why, but everytime I go to look for a contact, I have to wait 2 sec or so before I can scroll. Apple needs to fix this ASAP.

I have the same thing. VERY annoying indeed. I don't use MobileMe, so it's got nothing to do with it. Here's joining your hopes to get this fixed very very soon!

MarkW19

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2002
Surrey, UK
There was always a .com key on it!

Deleting emails is a far better system now, allows batch deletion.

Yeah, but I've never noticed that holding it brings up different top-level domains too, country-specific as well.

And yes, deleting all emails at once is so much better!

punitnaker

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
Theres now an option to copy contacts accross from the simcard. Previously, all syncing of contacts were done through iTunes alone.

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
I have the same thing. VERY annoying indeed. I don't use MobileMe, so it's got nothing to do with it. Here's joining your hopes to get this fixed very very soon!

It's happening to me too. Pretty annoying indeed. I was considering doing a complete restore but since it's happening to others I won't.

MarkW19

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2002
Surrey, UK
Another one - if you're halfway through writing an SMS, you can go back to the main SMS screen (ie. not just staying in the message, and going to another app, which would save it anyway before), then even to another SMS, start writing ANOTHER message, then go back between them, and the unfinished messages will still be in the respective conversations for you to carry on typing in. Doing this before would just erase what you'd written before sending.

vandozza

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2006
Australia
The first thing that stuck out to me was how when typing a password the last digit or letter shows up.

i think if you watch password entry closely, all the digits/letters of the password will show briefly (1sec?). next time you enter a password, if you wait just a little before hitting submit, you will see it change to a dot.

msmith2112

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2002
One Very, Very annoying change is to contacts. I am using MobileMe so this may be why, but everytime I go to look for a contact, I have to wait 2 sec or so before I can scroll. Apple needs to fix this ASAP.

YES! This my only major quibble with 2.0!

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
You beat me by a few minutes there. I LOVE the fact that now I can start an SMS and go do something else and come back and finish it. It was something I had been hoping for but it was so minor that I didn't think it would be "fixed".

MarkW19

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2002
Surrey, UK
Safari is also much snappier here, and much more stable. I used to get a lot of crashes, particularly on big websites, and when posting/typing, but I've not had one crash yet!

Apps on the other hand...

ajpegg

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2008
oh that's useful.

Also, tap the clock in the top bar in Safari and you fly to the top of the page. That's new isn't it?

camarobh

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
San Diego, CA
When you play a video podcast from the "Podcasts" section (as opposed to the "Videos" section) it will play the video in either portrait or landscape. I thought it used to just show a still frame. Could be I just never tried it there!

ajpegg

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2008
you can now take a screenshot by holding down Home and clicking the Sleep/Wake key. The pic will be in the camera roll. Nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.