Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
Happy Opening Day. Our Long Spring Training is finally over. Looking forward to seeing how the Giants do this year.
Grew up in the Bay Area and now live in the Chicago area. Dedicated Giants AND Cubs fan!

My day off is today and the Cubs play at 1:20. I REALLY wish the Giants game was earlier. That game starts at 9:10pm my time and I have to work early tomorrow, so as much as I would love to watch the whole thing...I won't be watching much of that game. Ha, crap!

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Same, I could go right now if I wanted to but I’m going to wait a bit longer when a larger portion of the population gets vaccinated. Can’t wait!
I'm waiting until I am fulling vaccinated (both shots + the necessary wait). After that, I am going as soon as I can.

Reactions: dannyyankou

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Do you know if it's ever been there before? (I should search ...later)

Yes, it has. The 1998 All-Star Game was played at Planet Coors. Griffey Jr won the Home Run Derby, but I mostly remember a particularly titanic blast that Barry Bonds hit in the actual game.

Reactions: rneglia

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Anyone see what Jacob deGrom did tonight? Complete game 2-hit shutout, 15k's, 0 BB, 0 R. He also contributed to the offense, drove in the first run with a double (and later got a single) and scored 2 runs himself. He recorded 56 k's in his first 4 games, a record. His lifetime ERA at 2.55 is now lower than Tom Seaver's at 2.57 (TOM SEAVER!!), and is 0.31 on the season.

This guy is on another level and it's just not fair. The Mets' TV station did an overlay of 3 pitches he throws (fastball, change and slider I think), it literally looked like one person threw all 3, his motion is that exact and repeatable!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Anyone see what Jacob deGrom did tonight? Complete game 2-hit shutout, 15k's, 0 BB, 0 R. He also contributed to the offense, drove in the first run with a double (and later got a single) and scored 2 runs himself. He recorded 56 k's in his first 4 games, a record. His lifetime ERA at 2.55 is now lower than Tom Seaver's at 2.57 (TOM SEAVER!!), and is 0.31 on the season.

This guy is on another level and it's just not fair. The Mets' TV station did an overlay of 3 pitches he throws (fastball, change and slider I think), it literally looked like one person threw all 3, his motion is that exact and repeatable!
But can the Mets win when he isn't pitching.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Well, the Cubs missed DeGrom in their recent series at Wrigley, and swept the 3-game series. The 2021 Cubs. You decide.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Bumgarner pitched a no hitter that didn't count.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Bumgarner has been awful since he signed with the D-backs, so that last performance ought to feel pretty good. The Braves couldn't buy a hit in the other game in that doubleheader, either, so maybe a bit early to say he's back.

Looks like the Giants caught the Dodgers at the top of the NL West. Surprise, surprise.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
It might be hard to believe, but the Yankees finished the month with the best ERA in the AL. The offense is kinda moving in the right direction too. I still have concerns, but I’m not in “the world is ending” mode anymore with this team like I was last week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.