MLB At Bat 2011 on Jailbroken device?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by casedogg311, Feb 27, 2011.

1. casedogg311 macrumors member

Hi, is anyone else having problems playing LIVE video on a JB device in the new 2011 version of MLB At Bat?

My 4.2.1 GreenPois0n JB iPad crashes when determining my location. And my 4.0 JBme iPhone 4 just kinda freezes on the video screen.

I'm able to play video fine on my girl friends non-jailbroken iPhone 4 so I know the issue is with me.

Ive searched high and low for other people having similar problems and can't find anything.

Any ideas?

2. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

No issues here. You might have something interfering with the location API.

3. casedogg311 thread starter macrumors member

Well I have "location faker" installed but it's not set to fake my location for this app (at least not yet, I defiantly planned too). I think I'll give removing that package a try.

I just have to wait till the first game of the day starts hehe

4. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

FWIW I'm JB'd on 4.2.1 and watched 2 innings of the Red Sox game the other day and it played fine....so maybe you're indeed hitting a road block somewhere.

5. casedogg311 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you! That let's me know its not a jailbreak issue, probably just a certain package (Location Faker most likely). I'll try removing it and see if I can get the 12:05 free game to play for me.

6. socbrian, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

socbrian macrumors regular

im having the same issue, just black... i dont have the fake gps thing thou

im still on 4.1 thou

7. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

i just tried and am having the same issue you are. i'm on 4.1 and have location spoofer installed but have tried spoofing and not spoofing. freezes on a black video screen either way. just removed location spoofer and it's still not working :(

8. socbrian macrumors regular

Do you have your mlb account info logged into the app?

9. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

all games are free until opening day march 31

10. casedogg311 thread starter macrumors member

I think I just solved it (for the iPad at least).

I removed "Fake Location" but it didn't work. I then removed "Display Out" and IT WORKS! I then installed "Location SPOOFER" (still not trusting Fake Location" and set it to always spoof and I continue to get live video.

The iphone on the other hand is still giving me trouble. I have removed Fake Location AND Dislay Out but still can't get it to work. I'll keep tinkering and hopefully I can figure it out. But it looks like "Display Out" or similar packages may be to blame.

11. casedogg311 thread starter macrumors member

I also just removed "ReSupported" which was the only other package I could imagine messing with the MLB app. I'm stumped on why the ipad app is fixable but the iPhone is not.

I think ill upgrade to 4.2.1 and re jailbreak.

12. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I'm not having any issues with playing video.

Just wondering if they are only choosing certain games to show streams for atm?

13. casedogg311 thread starter macrumors member

Well there's a couple of free games per day. I think if you subscribe to MLB.tv you can view more.

14. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Ah ok thank you. I just thought with the app they streamed all the games.

15. casedogg311 thread starter macrumors member

The purchase of the app gives you audio of every game all year but you'll need a MLB.tv subscription to get more than the one free daily game on live video.

16. jwesty5 macrumors member

Every game that is televised in spring training is free with MLB at bat. Not every game in ST is televised. Search around MLB.com and they have a list of all televised ST games.

17. webcrush macrumors regular

My JB 4.1 iPhone4 couldn't pick up the live game today either, just sat there spinning. I'll try with the JB 4.2.1 iPad tomorrow.

18. socbrian macrumors regular

I dont have either and still dont work, only thing that i have is installous and appsync. maybe bad .ipa files?

19. casedogg311 thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm. I just reinstalled to 4.2.1 and re jailbroke. I'll have to check the free game tomorrow, hopefully it works but I'm not holding my breath.

20. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

so you guys are paying 14.99 just to see a free game a day, not even your choice??

21. HouD macrumors member

It's actually an amazing app, even without being able to watch any game you want. If you have an MLB.tv subscription, it gets even better.

22. ZmyDust macrumors regular

ZmyDust

The original draw to this app wasn't even the video. It was the fact that you could listen to the live radio feed of EVERY regular and post season game. Usually 2 feeds per game, one from each city.

23. casedogg311 thread starter macrumors member

So I got my iPhone live video to work by turning off the orientation lock, closing the app and opening it back up. Still seemed a little buggy but at least its now working on my iPad and iPhone.

24. socbrian macrumors regular

seems its not really JB related maybe the app is just buggy

25. casedogg311 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah the whole app seems to be pretty buggy at this point. Although the iPad version was fixed by uninstalling a cydia package so who knows.