MMS Coming In Early August

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Simgar988, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I was just on the phone with Apple discussing an unrelated issue to this thread when at the end of the conversation I prodded the employee for information about 3.1, MMS etc (like I always did) and he said, word for word, "it should be coming late August-early September, but buzz around here is that it's coming early August."

(referring solely to MMS not 3.1)

Just thought it was worth sharing, Cheers!

2. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Thanks for sharing. I have heard a lot of reports recently saying that the late August/early September is an extremely conservative view. So, I expect early August.

Also, I don't really care a whole lot :p.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

My next door neighbor who works for Target told me late November. And he was pretty sure about that too.

5. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

I see what you did tharrr

6. James.123 macrumors regular

I would love mms to come in early august, there could not be a better time, but my guess is on Late August :)

7. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

although neither are AT&T, seeing as apple makes the iPhone and target carry the mary-kate and Ashley clothing line, I would let your buddy keep hanging up the clothes that fall off the rack while I continue to report what I hear from an acceptable source. Whether it's true or not, there are people that appreciate the tidbit of information.

8. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure Walmart sells the Hannah Montana clothing line (which is probably comparable to the Mary-Kate and Ashley line, also as relevant), but they also sell iPhones... that's why I'm sticking with what my friend from Walmart told me. He said that we aren't getting MMS.

9. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Sorry, an acceptable source is something verifiable by anyone. "Somebody told me that somebody said" is hearsay, we only have your word for it. Tomorrow there will be another post and that one will have a date somebody in the ATT store told me.:D

10. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

I do!

I dont really care if its true or not, but i like the MMS threads. It keeps people busy, and i like the conversation lol. Before we know it, we will get that text message saying to update.

Im sure once MMS is released we will still have MMS threads, but they will start like this, "Who Else Thinks MMS Was Overrated?", and, "Does Anyone Else Not Use MMS As Much As They Thought They Would?"

I have had MMS working on my phone for a month and a few days now, and i know that im one of those thread starter people. Would have made a thread like one of those above but not that many people would relate to me since its not out with ATT yet:p

11. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Are you sure? Cause my mom works for Targets so I decided to ask the cashier and she said early 2011, and she was sure about that and the new Hilary Duff single bundled with it.

12. tilmonabbott macrumors regular

tilmonabbott

very nice aggie, i liked that one. :D

13. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

Well jeeze. I can't but HOPE that your mom's cashier friend (if they are friends) is right! That bundle sounds fantastic!

14. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

I heard, I mean read, on this board in fact, that some people have MMS

NOW!!!!!

:D

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I live near that guy too! He also knows where Hoffa is.

16. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

And where the missing prototype phone is??

17. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I dont think so seeing as my mom works the morning shift when Targets is closed, but I figured "Why not? She HAS to know SOMETHING!" Any information about MMS has to be relevant especially if it includes a mediocre pop star of some sort.

18. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris using MMS on his iPhone out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess he's using a hacked carrier file."

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I used to work for Target, and I now work for AT&T and I am the definitive source of MMS info, and I say that MMS is being delayed until December 20, 2012. Unfortunately, you better be quick to try it out and play with it as the world will end on the 21st according to the Mayans.

20. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Well the janitor at walmart told me that they were pushing it back until june 2010, kinda like they did with push notifications.

21. Macnator macrumors 6502

It's unfortunate you guys in the US have to wait for MMS. I feel your pain.

I can tell you one thing though, MMS on the iPhone is awesome.

The way it is implemented on the iPhone is truly amazing. You people waiting so long for it will not be disappointed when it finally comes to AT&T.

Maybe I just think it's amazing because I never had a phone before that could send MMS. :D

This is one of those times that Rogers is good for something! :D

22. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I didn't know you lived near me. Well, do you know my other neighbor, the one who works at Subway? He heard some guy high up in AT&T that came in the store who told him it would be in late December (but just in time for Christmas). I tend to believe him over the Target guy, seeing as he heard it from AT&T.

Edit: and for my friends in Canada:

canADIAN BEER FRIDGE fail_3.jpg [

23. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

And Canada speaks:eek:

24. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Wow, the same joke phrased in 10 different ways, impressive guys.

25. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Hahaha...thats the same thing i was thinking.

Ok the first maybe 2 times were funny, the rest where just getting old.

I dont even see how what anyone has said compares to what you said...Everyone is saying random stores that sell the iphone where as you talked to someone at APPLE. The people who not only sell it, but make it...