Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris03

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2009
AL
you should try calling AT&T and ask them about your MMS. maybe they will tell you the rollout has started

chris03

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2009
AL
hey Ron21, post a screen shot of your Settings>General>About screen. specifically where it says Carrier AT&T "???"

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Yeah, why in the heck would AT&T put NYC ahead of Tulsa, OK to push out an update, i mean -- seriously .... :rolleyes:

no need to be a smart ass ;) im just saying.... If att was going to "roll it out" it would be rolled out nationwide because all it is, is a simple carrier update in ituens or a OTA update from the towers!

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
hey Ron21, post a screen shot of your Settings>General>About screen. specifically where it says Carrier AT&T "???"

here it is.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 56

dmb499

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
on the phone w/ AT&T and asked them to enable the MMS for me. the rep said it wasn't available, and i said are you sure because i was just told that it was now available on the 3GS. so she said ok, hold on and i'll check....came back and said YES it is available now, do you want to change your text plan to include MMS (same price - $15 for 1500 sms/mms). just added and should be available today! i'm restarting the phone now....

USC_Gamecock

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2004
HTX
no need to be a smart ass ;) im just saying.... If att was going to "roll it out" it would be rolled out nationwide because all it is, is a simple carrier update in ituens or a OTA update from the towers!

I hear ya -- but the OP has given us no reason to doubt him/her ..

And, it makes complete sense to slowly roll this thing out for a couple reasons. So they can take care of any issues without it affecting everyone. Also, it would put less strain on their servers because everyone who owns a 3GS would most likely be testing MMS at the same time if announced and put out all at once.

chris03

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2009
AL
on the phone w/ AT&T and asked them to enable the MMS for me. the rep said it wasn't available, and i said are you sure because i was just told that it was now available on the 3GS. so she said ok, hold on and i'll check....came back and said YES it is available now, do you want to change your text plan to include MMS (same price - $15 for 1500 sms/mms). just added and should be available today! i'm restarting the phone now....

interesting if this is true...

LePigeonBleu

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
San Diego

post if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.