MobileMe Finally Online?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 10, 2008.

1. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Wow the 17 year old certainly has strong language. :D Anyways you are a minor and that's what you have parents for.

2. The General macrumors 601

Well, Mail loaded but really slow. Now it seems not to work. :rolleyes:

3. djellison macrumors 68020

My action? Clicking on the calender icon.

This is very very poor. The principles of Mobile Me are superb. If this is a sign of the quality of the product during busy times, the prospects are dismal.

From the calender page to the contacts page, it takes more than a minute, brings Safari to a virtual halt, lots of spinning umbrella.

4. e.m. macrumors 6502

slow for me too. i like the UI way more than .mac already, though.
    now where's that update for OS X?

5. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

MobileMe is working for me but BEWARE! I've read that it has put a hold on the money on your credit card for some people in other countries!!!

JUST BE AWARE OF THAT.

but yeah, its miserably slow right now and practically unusable.

6. sanford macrumors 65816

it's a setting on your iPhone. It's on by default with Firmware 2.0. You don't have to do anything in Mail. And it already works, has been working all day. fast like you wouldn't believe, too.

7. tourbus macrumors newbie

I cannot login on me.com - mobileme says that my accountdetails are wrong. The same in system-prefs. I don`t understand that. I just bought my .mac account a week ago.

8. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Oh dear, that's going back some years for me now... I'm feeling old! THANKS!
    :)

9. flynifr macrumors newbie

Down again

I was able to successfully log on earlier today before it was taken off line. I just tried to log in again and it looks like it is back off line. Instead of the sign on page I was directed to the Apple Mobile Me advertisement page.

10. altautah macrumors newbie

MobileMe online working Sys Prefs still No Go

I am having a fine time logging into the online mobileme at me.com, but i still cannot log in under my system prefs pane

11. z400central macrumors regular

My computer is still on .mac - The instructions say mobileme. How do I 'update'?

12. ajd10720 macrumors newbie

None of the tabs work along the top bar weather switching between features (mail, calender ect) or within features like the view tabs in calender !

Anybody with the same issue ?

13. Undecided macrumors 6502a

Is this only good for the .mac (me) email?

I know I can have .mac pull down my email from other accounts, but then when I reply it comes from the .mac account.

Is there any way to have replies come from the account to which the original email was sent?

I know I can manually choose the account to use when writing an email in Mail.app, but (a) that's clumsy, (b) I'd forget sometimes, and (c) that's not an option on the iPhone.

I'd love to use mobileme email for all my accounts, but I'd like for replies to come from those accounts too.

14. stownsend3 macrumors member

iDisk feature is working. Uploading a 15.6 MB file (1GB upload limit per file) and it is taking 3 - 4 min. I'm hoping this gets faster as the servers level out and aren't all nailed at once.

15. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

You could also use a debit card. It kind of functions like a credit card. That's what I use when I buy stuff online.

16. bugfaceuk macrumors 6502

bugfaceuk

I'm getting told my log-in details are invalid for iChat, Mobile Me Web-site and System Preferences... e-mail seems to be fine :/

17. syclonefx macrumors regular

syclonefx

FireFox 3 is working great with MobileMe.:D

18. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

19. c84216 macrumors member

Is there any way to get an activation code without waiting for a box to be shipped to me?

I want to sign up now but I don't want to sign up for the free trial then get charged two months from now. I want to pay now.

20. sanford macrumors 65816

but you don't have to. you can log into it with the .mac branding and accomplish the same thing. the mobileme sync/push pref will show up when the hook in OS X starts working, which it won't until you can login via system prefs. the mobileme branding will come as a little software update patch.

21. phanfave macrumors newbie

MobileMe Preference Pane

Still can't login to the preference pane. I guess that gets fixed next?

22. RevK macrumors member

Same for me here.

23. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

If anyone is using the developer version of Safari that's a big problem. As soon as I uninstalled it and went back to the current version me.com went quit smooth.

24. TPALTony macrumors regular

Thought it was just me...

...but several people are having issues getting in via SysPrefs.

I can get in via www.me.com just fine though.

Also, I currently have TWO iDisks on my desktop. One for 10GB (correct assuming my upgrade isn't done yet) and one for 60GB!!! So that'll be total crap then. :)

Hopefully it will get cleared up. The iDisks appear hosed right now for me, and are totally locked in a permanent syncing loop.

Ho hum, it'll clear itself I'm sure.. :)