MobileMe Finally Online?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 10, 2008.

1. z400central macrumors regular

2. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Anyone been able to validate their credit card in the UK?
    It seems it wants the first and last name on the card, but in the UK, it's just a name (e.g. it could be JD Doe or John Doe or J Doe etc)...

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I can log into MobileMe on the web, but once I log in, it goes straight to my iDisk and I can't log out or click on anything else, like Mail or Address Book. Every time I try to access MobileMe from the System Preferences, it gives me an "Unknown validation error" and says "Your MobileMe member name or password may be invalid. Please enter a different name or password."

So I guess it's not really up and running yet.

5. randyg macrumors newbie

Same here

I figure it's just going to take some time. This ain't some piddly little corporate update, it's world wide.

6. sanford macrumors 65816

I can't even get to my calendar. Loads forever. I think they keep putting it up, then we all jump on and beat it to death. Honestly, with mail working, it's probably best just to leave it be until tomorrow.

7. MizterJayson macrumors newbie

Eeek...

Man this is working slow... and, I can't log in with system preferences, which is how you get it to set up for push, right?

8. TyrannoJack macrumors member

9. pianoplayer1 macrumors 6502

pianoplayer1

Yea I realized the link I gave is just an interface facelift - no increased functionality as of now.

10. doutee macrumors newbie

doutee

Yeah I keep getting a validation error on my mac even though everything is correct. All my info works on the web but is slow as heck!:mad:

11. richpjr macrumors 68040

richpjr

Oh my God, is this thing slow. I sure hope they have more servers they are bringing online tonight because when the wave of new users start signing up, it's going to get worse. Perhaps they have a lot more people signing up than they expected.

12. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

Its half working for me.
    I get this error sometimes:

Attached Files:

13. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

14. Welly macrumors newbie

Strong language? Did I miss something?

15. CJK macrumors member

glacial

Wow, you talk about SLOOOOOOOOOOW...

Still haven't been able to load any email, though at least this time the little Mail icon showed the number of unread messages. All the other apps work but are much slower than .Mac (i.e., unusable for any serious purpose).

Very disappointing. I can't imagine how much worse it'll be tomorrow when folks get their new iPhone 3Gs.

-- Chris

16. thecartoonguy macrumors 6502a

thecartoonguy

LOL I remember the external 1200 where (GASP) you had to place a GIANT telephone in a clunky rubber mounts. :eek: CRAP I'M OLD :eek: :D

17. *GG* macrumors regular

It's not working in sytem prefs. I can access it through the website - but it is really really dragging and slow. I guess that is to be expected until it gets up a running properly.

The Address Book bit doesn't work for me yet - it just hangs - but I think that is due to the slowness.

18. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

It's been up for how long? 5 minutes maybe? give it time, they will fix it

19. bushido Suspended

bushido

wont let me use my credit card for the trial wtf

20. swb1192 macrumors 6502

i'm 15 and i have a credit card, but i'm not going to take a chance that i'll forget to cancel the subscription within 60 days, then i'll get charged a hundred bucks. that's just silly. i just want to test it out!

21. ajd10720 macrumors newbie

PERFECT thanks for that just tried it is working perfectly now apple should really get there their together not working with safari, not with safari 3 or the beta 4

22. blurredline macrumors 6502

blurredline

Make a note on the MobileMe calendar to cancel it before your 60 days are up.

23. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Give it a little time first dude... What do you expect with everyone clambering onto it at once. Sheesh!

24. calvin2006 macrumors regular

I don't have firmware 2.0 yet (iPod Touch owner). In Mail, I don't get notifications for new mail unless I manually tell it to get new mail or set it to check mail every so many minutes. Then, when it checks, it pulls them down from the server. I'm definitely not getting push on my Mac right now.

25. jcvalle macrumors newbie

VERY dumb question I'm about to ask, I know but I'm a former .Mac member and I can't even log into MobileMe..keeps giving me invalid username or password, so my question is...is the username "username@mac.com, username@me.com, or just username"? Dumb I know.