Mojave on RAID with APFS - a HOWTO

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by toru173, Jun 27, 2018.

1. tiyo macrumors newbie

tiyo

after update to 10.14.3 supplemental update, reboot, unable to get resources
    can not use mv bootcaches menthod

2. akratique macrumors newbie

3. toru173 thread starter macrumors regular

So, if I understand correctly, updating via the normal software update mechanism in settings worked for 10.14.1 and 10.14.2, but renders the system unbootable after 10.14.3? A clean install of the operating system using the 10.14.3 installer is successful? Sounds like the kernel was updated, and the kernel cache needs to be rebuilt. Try allowing the system to boot with the bootcaches plist in place, and rename it after the first reboot

4. akratique macrumors newbie

That's what I did. I my case, the RAID never reappeared as a bootable drive. But I may have goofed. Anyone else?

5. tiyo macrumors newbie

tiyo

done!!!
    mount the Boot OS X drive, and edit /com.app.boot.P/com.app.Boot.plist, remove Kernel Flags
    be cos it mount the baseboot.dmg?,so every time reboot in os will see the error message.
    all works!!

6. toru173 thread starter macrumors regular

Well done! Do you remember what the kernel flags were? It certainly sounds like it was trying to do something odd

7. tiyo macrumors newbie

tiyo

for first time install .dmg file path, don't forget all hard drives must be edit.

8. dlwg macrumors newbie