Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hello, today is a Liberation Day holiday in Bulgaria and Monetal on Sale again! Now it has 50% discount for Premium Forever.

zagiame

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2019
bulgaria
Hello, today is a Liberation Day holiday in Bulgaria and Monetal on Sale again! Now it has 50% discount for Premium Forever.
Great, I already bough it as soon as I saw it on the app.
I have few question:
1. If I want to use it with my family, does everyone has to purchase it for his device or the purchase will be automatically shared in my family group?
2. Why not move the forum to some other platform that has app / notifications or something.
3. I really do not like the apple store, I don't know why but when I type Monetal in the store it does not show up, only able to see Monetal if I type it in google and from there be redirected to the App Store.

Last edited:

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hi,
1) you can sync with other devices, but if this devices doesn't have a premium they will be limited to 3 accounts as usual.
2) please suggest something. Now Monetal for Android has a thread on xdaDev forum, but I am not very familiar with foreign ios forums. I will be glad if you can suggest something.
3) yes, but i don't know what is a reason for it. I already 6 years tries to deliver my app to its auditory, but I am a developer, not a promoter or seller. There needs another knowledges which I don't have.

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hi guys,
new version of Monetal 1.21 is published and will be available for everybody within a week. I fixed a bug with debt statistics, sync between devices is more fast and stable, and a main feature is super new category chart inside extended statistics. Now we have graphical representation for any category and that's cool. Keep in mind you can click on any bar and check its amount.

I attached few screenshots for example (sorry for russian interface):

15660870.jpg
15660869.jpg

zagiame

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2019
bulgaria
2) please suggest something. Now Monetal for Android has a thread on xdaDev forum, but I am not very familiar with foreign ios forums. I will be glad if you can suggest something.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I was away on holiday.

I am using monetal for 2-3 years and have recommend it to many friends that use it now.

I am new user of the iOS ecosystem, so I am not aware of what forums people use to follow, however I have few ideas not sure how good they are though.

1. I see you have facebook page but it is in Russian and it is outdated. You can add some more info about it in English and post updates there. I'll be glad to share info about with my friends.

2. Try Windows Central, they are continuously writing reviews about how to switch to Android or iOS, so they may add "hey, remember your favorite monetal app, well it is already available on iOS and Android" - mini review will be good, or those "apps we use / recommend"

3. Not sure aboht this using multiple forums, isn't it better to move the conversation on your webpage, not different forums. I known thta is difficult to maintain such thing, so this is just me wondering.

4. I will check to find info why your app is not shoing in the app store, cuz lately I've been searching for lots of apps that simple are not listed in the App Store when you type their names, but are easily find on Google search.

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hi guys!

New version of Monetal 1.24 was recently published. I remade help screen and now it's much more useful with new learn system. The goal here not only provide great user experience and cool features but also make them possible to discover and use by every user.

Now I plan to switch to Android and implement this system there. After that I will return to iOS.

zagiame

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2019
bulgaria
Hello, I am having some trouble with the calculations on the Expense tab.
I am attaching screenshot to explain the problem.
It seems that there is hidden data that has to be removed or something.

Attachments

• 20190702_085541000_iOS.png
    20190702_085541000_iOS.png
    492.2 KB · Views: 302

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hello, I am having some trouble
Ok, i have several questions to you:
  • Does this bug include other years and current month statistics?
  • Do I understand right that problem that total expenses and incomes doesn't correspond total for tags?
  • Have you noticed it before?
  • Is it reproducible each time or not?

zagiame

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2019
bulgaria
Ok, i have several questions to you:
  • Does this bug include other years and current month statistics?
  • Do I understand right that problem that total expenses and incomes doesn't correspond total for tags?
  • Have you noticed it before?
  • Is it reproducible each time or not?

Hello,
1. The problem is that the total sum does not correspond to the tags.
2. Yes, includes other years and month statistics, however current statistics are okay - only past years statistics have problem.
3. I have been dealing with this before, when importing from backup and does not convert the currency the way it is supposed to be - that results in faulty moth expenses.
- For example when I came back to Bulgaria after living in Czech Republic for an year - all my expenses in Czech Koruna messed up and I had to delete all the logs, convert them by hand and relog them in BGN just to save some data from that year.
4. Not sure what to answer cuz I don't get what you mean by "Is it reproducible each time or not?"

Attachments

• 20190702_124231000_iOS.png
    20190702_124231000_iOS.png
    480.7 KB · Views: 313

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
I have been dealing with this before, when importing from backup and does not convert the currency the way it is supposed to be
Yes, now actually Monetal can't convert transactions in right way if you change your default currency. I need to develop this part later to fix some problem probably you have already. Anyway I will check what can be wrong in code and give a response within several days.

zagiame

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2019
bulgaria
can't convert transactions in right way if you change your default currency.

I haven't changed my default currency.
Just importing from back up messed the value of the foreign currency
example:
default value: 0,077 CZK = 1 BGN
after import: 0.077 CZK = 1323 BGN
I have placed random value, cuz I wasn't able to get the actual value after import but the idea is that is ratio is multiplied incorrectly.

If there will be of any help, I can share my backup files or transfer you my accounts to get full overview of the problem.

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hello guys, new version of Monetal 1.31 is available in App Store. I fixed this issue with wrong expenses calculations and some others.

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hello,
A new version of Monetal 1.45 is available in App Store. Truly speaking it'a available already since last week, but I got time to post here just now.
Here what changed:
• Share button on the transactions list. Now you can share some part of transaction history with somebody. I use it to show how the debt was formed.
• Case-insensitive search in transactions
• Debt managing in different currencies
• Debt actions are grouped under menu.
• LYD currency
• Opportunity to create a transaction while account editing.

Feel free to ask any questions here, I really appreciate this. Thank you.

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hello guys, dev is here! Recently I published a new version of Monetal 1.47. In this version added Apple Watch support and now you can check accounts balances and transactions history directly from the watch. Enjoy!
Next goal is to add "Travel mode" which can be used while travelling all around the globe.

IMG_0891.jpg

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hello. New version 1.51 just published in App Store. Monetal got a sounds pack and several bug fixes. It's already two years I post updates here and don't see much responses. Does anybody reading this?)

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hello and Happy New Year!
Right now you can grab Monetal with a 95% discount for Android and for free for ios. Just these two days - 31 December and 1 January! Repost/retweet is highly appreciated! And the most important thing - don't forget to make a backup sometimes =)

14848741.png

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hello everybody!
New version of Monetal v.1.71 is available in the App Store, and brings free Premium for everybody!

A lot of Monetal users lives in Ukraine ?? and Russia ??, and all this terrible conflict already effects them direclty. So, in order to provide reliable service I have made my decision to make Monetal free.

I have completely removed all subscriptions and in-app purchases logic, and there are still no ads. App Store is still showing in-app purchases on Monetal page, but it doesnt have any effect already. I will remove them later when most of the users have new version. Please don't forget to cancel your subscription if you have one.

Now available for free for everybody:
  • Unlimited accounts
  • Sync between devices
  • Password lock
  • No Ads. Completely.
Also I remade Tag Editor and fixed sereral issues.

Feel free to send me your feedback, its greatly appreciate it.

Thank you and enjoy! ❤️

ps. I started project on WinPhone in 2012, so it's already 10 years of development :)

• Love
Reactions: TiggrToo

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Some suggestions from my first 3 minutes...

1) your website documentation is woefully out of date - it's still claiming there is no iPhone version!
2) The demo mode seems to be hanging the app on my 15.4 iPhone 13 Pro.
3) Not seeing any way to have the currency symbol to the Left of the digits.

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Some suggestions from my first 3 minutes...

1) your website documentation is woefully out of date - it's still claiming there is no iPhone version!
2) The demo mode seems to be hanging the app on my 15.4 iPhone 13 Pro.
3) Not seeing any way to have the currency symbol to the Left of the digits.
Thank you for feedback. I will check it out.
  1. Sorry, but are you sure you have checked correct homepage mymonetal.com ? It has several mentions ios version
  2. Thank you, I will check it out, nobody has reported this so far.
  3. That is right, that have to be fixed in next releases.

Attachments

• 1648744426893.png
    1648744426893.png
    651.7 KB · Views: 76

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Thank you for feedback. I will check it out.
  1. Sorry, but are you sure you have checked correct homepage mymonetal.com ? It has several mentions ios version
  2. Thank you, I will check it out, nobody has reported this so far.
  3. That is right, that have to be fixed in next releases.
1648747861571.png

Reactions: kruil

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hello! Want to give an update what changed in this project since half-year.
  • App colors redesign
  • Added localization for 5 new languages. Now app supports interface in German, French, Hindi, Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian, Italian
  • Official site updated
  • Remade currency picker and Tags editor.
  • Of course bug fixes and errors.
  • App is available for free. No in-app purchases, no ads.

Last edited:

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hi everybody! It's time to update this thread.

I spent a lot of hours polishing this thing and here what have changed since my last post:
- rebranded icon and title logo
- new project domain monetal.app
- all currencies are formatted within device language/country preferences
- accounts history chart
- new date picker
- lots other improvements and bug fixes.

Also, it is launched on ProductHunt - please help product by voting for it.

Feel free to leave your feedback, I do my best to answer everyone. Enjoy!

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hi there! New version v.198 is available in AppStore. Free and No-Ads as before.
What's new:
- Performance improvement
- Budget calculations fixes
- Fix keyboard layout
- Added haptics effects
- Default keyboard tap sound

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.