Monoprice for cables?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by troop231, Jul 29, 2010.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

Just ordered two of these last nite: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10831&cs_id=1083101&p_id=6228&seq=1&format=2

Needed the longer cable for my bed, and I figured for that price might as well buy two and keep one as a backup lol. The stock Apple cable is too short for bedside purposes.

It says it shipped this morning already, and a tracking number is listed too via USPS. Is Monoprice really THAT good? This was my first purchase from them. :)

2. adster macrumors regular

To answer your question, YES Monoprice is THAT GOOD. I do some freelance computer work and I use Monoprice constantly. I even used them when building my home theater. They are possibly one of the best/most reputable businesses on the internet right next to Amazon, in my book.

3. dgoldak macrumors newbie

4. thep33t macrumors regular

5. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Yeah they're great. I get all my cables from them and I've never had any problems.

6. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Sweet, I'm definitely happy with them so far lol, I can't even find stuff on eBay that's this cheap BUT also ships in the USA and not Hong Kong lol :D

7. percept macrumors newbie

in the respect that they sell quality, no-frills products at dirt cheap prices...yes, they are THAT good.

their customer service is legit. i bought a cable that did not work for what i was trying to do so i requested a return...they refunded me and told me i could keep the cable.

8. albert1028 macrumors 6502

+1, this is the place where most people get their cables in the United States, just look at one of the largest forums on audio/video (www.avsforum.com). Don't let their low price mislead you, their quality of products are very good, just search google or avsforum for monoprice reviews.

9. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

This is great news, I operate a soundbooth on Sundays and Wednesdays and also maintain it/upgrade it, I think I'm gonna start getting audio cables from them as well. :cool:

10. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Another thumbs up for monoprice. No reason to buy cables and the like anywhere else. Quality stuff at ridiculously low prices. Can't believe anyone would waste their money on Monster cables but I guess not everyone knows about monoprice.

11. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Monoprice is awesome. Even the geeks at the AVS Science forum swear by them.

12. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

Monoprice prices are so low that I'm convinced that it's not a real business but actually some sort of elaborate mafia money laundering scheme or something. I honestly have no idea how they sell what they sell for as little money as they do.

I order from them all the time and they never disappoint. Audio, video network -- they've got us covered.

13. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I bought a wall charger for my iPhone from them a while ago. It works just like it should, but the only difference is that it doesn't charge as fast as the Apple one. Not too big of a deal though.

I'm going to look into their USB cable

14. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Anyone know why the cables I bought have lock tabs you have to push in to unplug the phone? Might get kind of annoying compared to the Apple one where you just pull out?

15. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

Not that you need it anymore but they are awesome. Best place for cables bar none. I've ordered all my cabling for my computer and TV's there.

16. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

That's just the way they have it designed. No idea why they would do it like that, but hey maybe monoprice can give you a straight answer. It's just a minor inconvenience. Older USB cables for ipods had the same thing.

17. nd4speed macrumors member

You can't beat their prices on Cat6 cables (or any other cables for that matter). I'd set up a corp account if they offered it.

18. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

As well as their HDMI cables.

These guys are a top notch, there are very few companies out there today that can combine the quality of their products with the pricing and customer service they offer.

I buy everything from them and would recommend them in a heartbeat. Have never been disappointed with Monoprice.

19. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I bought an HDMI jumper cable (< 6'), didn't work.... just my experience though.

20. deeddawg macrumors 604

How did they handle the process of return/refund/replace?

As for me, every transaction with Monoprice has been good. Best one though is I got a great low-profile (sub 2") wall-mount for my 46" flatscreen TV from them that would have been well over $100-$150 at any local shop for about $20. Solidly built.

21. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

It was cheap (< $10 I think).... didn't even pursue a return.

22. jon snow macrumors member

All 3 iPhone usb to dock cables from Monoprice failed within a few days of using them. The were so inexpensive, I didn't bother returning them.

23. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

24. VelfarreClubber macrumors member

I bought 2 of the exact 6ft cables for the same reason. The supplied apple ones are just way too short to keep it next to my night stand. Used it for about 3 weeks now with out any problems! I also bought my LCD tv mount from them and a mini toslink adapter for my MacBook and the digital sound hooked up to my receiver sounds freakin awesome!! Also the nice thing about them is that they allow local pick up so I didn't have to pay for shipping for my tv mount. No complaints!

25. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

will the cable linked in the OP work with the apple bumpers?