Mophie Juice Pak For Iphone 4 Is Out

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 3goldens, Sep 7, 2010.

1. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

2. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I wonder if it actually makes the audio sound better like it claims to!

3. chanerz macrumors 6502a

looks cool! I hope this will charge the ip4 20-100% not like the exogear and mili.

4. coolnwo macrumors member

Got it with 25% coupon answerA

Doesnt work anymore cause the excluded it

5. cis4life macrumors regular

Yep,

Picked up 2 for my wife and I. Can't wait till get them. We are heavy users of the iPhone and this will be great help. We loved the JPA for our 3GS's and the JPA for the IP4 looks even better. Lets just hope it does as well as the 3GS models did.

6. threezero macrumors 6502

i love my morphie for the 3gs EXCEPT for the non standard usb cable.

Just greedy move on behalf of morphie....
    can't really tell from the pictures... i really really hope morphie have gotten their head out of their ass and use a standard mini usb port for charging

7. studmule macrumors regular

I'm tempted to order it, but I need to know if it interferes with the cell signal any. The juice pack air for the 3gs killed my signal if I had anything less than full bars, even though Mophie said it wouldn't. I do like the fact that it looks like the case is raised up slightly over the screen. I hated the fact that the one for the 3gs was flush with the screen.

8. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Just ordered one. Anyone wanna buy a two week old Otterbox Defender? LOL

9. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

Like the new case although for the life of me I cannot see where the USB cable connects from any of the pix on their site.

10. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

does that mean it won't ship until 5 days later?

also, what are the chances of apple carrying it this week?

11. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

Hey Outrigger, when you get one, please provide a review like you did for the Mili? That was a very thorough review.

Thanks

12. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

That's the only thing that's stopping me as well.

13. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I placed an order this morning. called mophie, was told they will start shipping out 5 days. no word on when the other colors will be available.

14. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

15. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Aside from the possibility of antenna issues, is there a possibility of flash issues as well? The camera/flash cutout looks to be pretty deep so i'm going to wait for reviews before purchasing this. :)

16. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

flash issues I have experienced was due to the cut out made from the shiny plastic. This case looks to be rubber finish matte, so I don't think it will be an issue. But there's only one way to find out.

17. maniacphoner macrumors regular

I will hold off until I hear some reviews on this. Good thing that the shipping is FREE.

18. james92se macrumors 6502a

I've gotta say that's pretty sharp looking and doesn't appear to add much bulk at all.

So how exactly do this battery case operate? From vaguely reading these types of threads over the years, it seems like it goes like this:

The iPhone drains, then when it drains, the case recharges the iPhone.

Correct?

I want a battery case that isn't just a "mobile recharge source", but sort of permanently supplements the internal battery. Rather than "essentially" doubling the battery life by allowing you to recharge, I want the external battery to work WITH the internal battery to actually double battery life (or at least on the user end appear to - i.e., I don't want to have to "recharge" with the battery pack, I want the battery pack to act as a larger battery).

Is this even possible?

19. cis4life macrumors regular

Just got my notice tonight that my Mophies JPAs have shipped. Should have them on Friday!!!

20. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

What difference does it make to the end user? And yes, you're asking too much from the current state of battery tech.

21. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

when did you place your order?

22. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I use one and like it. However, I will say to be careful about the top. It's fragile and I find it funny they offer it online for purchase. :rolleyes: AT&T store swapped mine at no charge for it cracking.

[​IMG]

23. threezero macrumors 6502

24. cis4life macrumors regular

I ordered them yesterday and got the shipping notice today.

25. aickon macrumors newbie

i would like to see someone review the mophie, exolife, and mili. ( i know this is probably asking a lot because this can easily run upwards of 300 bucks for the three cases alone and most of just spent that on our dandy iphones!)
    i know there are individual threads about the exolife and mili but it would be great to get a side by side comparison of each one. such as the mophie and exolife having a 1500 mAh capacity and the mili having 1600, yet the mili does not fully charge the iphone while some are saying that the mophie will charge the iphone to full even though it has less MAh than the mili. weird i know.

on a side note, amazon has listed a battery case by UNU that has a 1700 mAh capacity:http://www.amazon.com/uNu-PowerDX-1700mAh-External-Battery/dp/B00409E4JK/ref=pd_cp_cps_2. it is noticeably bulkier than any of the three listed above and more squared but still looks decent enough to resemble a case? maybe? :eek:

p.s. i just got my exolife shipped and will have it by friday! i chose to go with it because i like the design better(although there probably is flash problems with pics cuz of the gloss) and am banking on it having no heating issues!