Mophie Launching iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR Juice Pack Battery Cases in Early 2019

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 7, 2019.

1. axantas macrumors regular

axantas

I am absolutely satisfied with the battery, charging my iPhone every 48 hours or so. I carry a small battery pack with me for emergency cases, but - as I wrote - there seems to be a market for it. So, Apple should maybe go into it - somehow...

2. matteuk macrumors member

Does anyone have a link to that wallpaper?

3. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

These are the best looking "battery cases" to date. They do NOT look like those hunchback-looking Apple battery cases. Sure these are still thick cases, but they resemble more the Otterbox thick protective cases. Well done, Mophie.

4. UltimaKilo macrumors 6502

5. nt5672 macrumors 68000

Yep, for a very limited use case it does, like if you're in class all day, or have a business phone that precludes use of you personal phone. But if you work for yourself, not so much.

6. nexusrule macrumors 6502

Since I have Screen Time I realised I use my iPhone X more than I would like. On a regular day I use it to play music via bluetooth 20 minutes while I walk to work. The I browse news for another 20 minutes or so while I do breakfast at work. During the work day I use it while I am not at my desk to reply to chats, check the calendar for meetings, reply to emails, some more browsing during breaks and stuff like that. Then I use it again to stream music to my AirPods for 20 minutes while I go back home. After that I use Nike Run Club for an average of 55 minutes, it includes music reproductions, motion sensors and so on. Then I pick it up here and there mostly to reply to chats, check something online, as a Timer while I cook etc. At this point I am ready to go to bed and it still has between 45 and 55% of the charge.

7. nt5672 macrumors 68000

Try doing all that stuff without WiFi or working on shared cloud data. Most of the people that I know that really use their devices always have them plugged in since there is no way they will get a full days charge out of one.

But I'm glad it works for you. Does not for me and once again I'm not in Apple's target demographic which is too much money and not very intensive use of their devices.

8. T-R-S macrumors regular

T-R-S

9. Krizoitz macrumors 65816

Krizoitz

Maybe you don’t need a battery case for your usage scenarios but it’s folly to assume all peoples needs/situations are like yours. On weekends I am frequently out and about and using my phone enough that I burn through the built in battery and have to use a small battery pack to charge. I’d much rather have a case I can put my phone in on the weekends that will moderately increase my battery (50% extra would be enough). And hey, maybe it’s not worth it to them to make that case, maybe my situation is less common. That’s fine, I’m not demanding they do what I want, just saying what I would like.

10. imola.zhp macrumors 6502a

imola.zhp

1) XS is already heavy.
    2) Lower front edge is exposed, complete fail.

11. GeorgeGeo macrumors newbie

12. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

Mophie makes overpriced bulk products and the bottom is exposed. Waiting on Apples smart case still
    --- Post Merged, Jan 8, 2019 ---
    Yuck the bottom is exposed and it’s so bulky of a case. And overpriced for a low battery pack

13. Nashtyone macrumors newbie

Nashtyone

It's exposed so you can use the lightning port.....

14. jdwusami, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019

jdwusami macrumors newbie

jdwusami

This does not work with the magnetic dock for the car.

15. Michael Goff macrumors G5

Michael Goff

I’m sure Apple could have covered up the antennae with extra battery as well, making any of the extra pointless from the wasted power trying to ramp up the radios.

16. nexusrule macrumors 6502

I only use WIFI at home. At work I use my data because my company network is limited and many websites are blocked.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 9, 2019 ---
    But I am not talking about making a case or not. I am talking about people saying Apple should make the iPhone thicker/heavier/hotter/more expensive to remove the camera bump and add battery, when the addition would maybe add 50-60 minutes top of autonomy.

17. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

Apple made their case have lighting port within the case....

18. Razeus macrumors 603

Anyone got a True Black OLED version of that wallpaper?

19. matteuk macrumors member