Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tRucc22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
I bought the MOPHIE changing pad for for my iPhone X and i'd say about half the time, it doesn't work.
Has anyone else had the same issue?
I lay it on the pad and sometimes it just refuses to charge. I'll adjust it, change the orientation, pick it up and put it back down, but nothing. and other times it works fine.
Last night i had about 14% battery before bed and put it on there. Woke up to realizing it didn't charge at all and was down to 10% battery life. Of course i threw the box away for it and i'm not sure what to do.
Obviously APPLE, which is where i purchased it, wouldn't entertain my issue, because i don't have the box. Right? should i contact MOPHIE? It just sucks, because it is a $60 product. I certainly don't think it is a problem with the phone itself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I bought the MOPHIE changing pad for for my iPhone X and i'd say about half the time, it doesn't work.
I lay it on the pad and sometimes it just refuses to charge. I'll adjust it, change the orientation, pick it up and put it back down, but nothing. and other times it works fine.
Last night i had about 14% battery before bed and put it on there. Woke up to realizing it didn't charge at all and was down to 10% battery life. Of course i threw the box away for it and i'm not sure what to do.
Obviously APPLE, which is where i purchased it, wouldn't entertain my issue, because i don't have the box. Right? should i contact MOPHIE? It just sucks, because it is a $60 product. I certainly don't think it is a problem with the phone itself. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure you need the box it it's defective. Did you keep your iPhone box to be used in the event that your phone quits working, or if you break your screen? If you have your receipt, go to Apple and see what they say.

j800r

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
Coventry, West mids, England
No need to spend that much anyway. Unless it’s a large pad for multiple devices you can get wireless chargers for as low as £20 (probably around the same American). Spent around that amount on mine (a stand rather than a pad) and it works a dream. Even supports fast charging for devices that support it (namely the Galaxy S8)

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
I have the Samsung Wireless Qi Charging Stand and it works every time. Put the phone on it when I go to bed, and it's 100% when I get up. I don't care too much if it fast charges or not, just so long as its fully charged when I get up.

JulesK

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2002
Sorry to highjack this thread, but it's the closest one to my issue. I have two of these charging pads, which I purchased from Apple with my iPhone X last year. They have been great, but recently one does not seem to charge the phone consistently even if the white LED is lit, and the other seems to be slower. I don't know whether its a hardware issue, or a result of the 11.3 update, or something else. The reviews on the Apple website seem to indicate that these sometimes just stop working after a while.

Anyone else have this issue? I bought mine from the Apple store, and was curious about anyone's experience getting warranty service/replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Woma

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2018
Obviously APPLE, which is where i purchased it, wouldn't entertain my issue, because i don't have the box. Right? should i contact MOPHIE? It just sucks, because it is a $60 product. I certainly don't think it is a problem with the phone itself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
[doublepost=1526968299][/doublepost]I have this exact same issue!!!

Bobs331

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2018
[doublepost=1526968299][/doublepost]
I have this exact same issue!!!

I have a worst problem, I bought the Mophie wireless pad from the Apple Store in Jan of 2018. It died in March! Mophie sent me a replacement and it died in May! They sent me another replacement and it was defective out of the box! I am now waiting for the 4th one. Hopefully this one will finally last!

Lenfischer

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2018
Obviously APPLE, which is where i purchased it, wouldn't entertain my issue, because i don't have the box. Right? should i contact MOPHIE? It just sucks, because it is a $60 product. I certainly don't think it is a problem with the phone itself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE

You have to use the blackoutlet adapter it came with. I tried the white iPhone ones but they does not put out enough juice.

Bobs331

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2018
I have had a continuing problem with the iPhone X stopping charging on the Mophie.
I had bought the Mophie at the Apple store and it stopped charging after a few months, Mophie sent me a replacement for $.01.
It stopped charging after a couple of months, Mophie sent me another replacement for $.01 and it stopped working after a couple of months, they sent me another which didn’t work out of the box, they sent another. It stopped charging after a couple of months.

They sent another but I also had to go to the Apple store so, when leaving the store I tried to charge it on their demo Mophie, it still wouldn’t charge.

So, in the store, I restarted my phone and put it on their Mophie, it immediately charged. I came home and put it on my Mophie that wasn’t charging. It immediately charged!

The problem wasn’t with the Mophie, it was with the phone! Restarting the phone solved the problem and it has worked ever since on the Mophie!

Firelock

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I have had a continuing problem with the iPhone X stopping charging on the Mophie.
I had bought the Mophie at the Apple store and it stopped charging after a few months, Mophie sent me a replacement for $.01.
It stopped charging after a couple of months, Mophie sent me another replacement for $.01 and it stopped working after a couple of months, they sent me another which didn’t work out of the box, they sent another. It stopped charging after a couple of months.

They sent another but I also had to go to the Apple store so, when leaving the store I tried to charge it on their demo Mophie, it still wouldn’t charge.

So, in the store, I restarted my phone and put it on their Mophie, it immediately charged. I came home and put it on my Mophie that wasn’t charging. It immediately charged!

The problem wasn’t with the Mophie, it was with the phone! Restarting the iP solved the problem and it has worked ever since on the Mophie!
Wow. Thanks for posting this. I had my Mophie pad for just over a year and during that time it always worked flawlessly. However yesterday my iPhone X suddenly wouldn’t charge. I thought it was the Mophie until I read your post. I turned my phone off, turned it back on, and now it charges!

Reactions: riggles

riggles

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2013
The problem wasn’t with the Mophie, it was with the phone! Restarting the phone solved the problem and it has worked ever since on the Mophie!
Crazy that this is a thing, but it is! Noticed that my iPhone hasn’t been charging when I set it on the Mophie charger. Been happening for the past week. Just tried restarting my phone and Bingo, starts charging again. So wired. But so helpful finding this!

Jan1947

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2021
I also have this charger. It has become very intermittent. I bought it at the Apple store in Cupertino. Because it isn't an Apple product they say they cant take it back. I live in NZ so it is too complicated. Very annoying . has anyone got a reply from Morphie about the product?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.