Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devilcm3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2011
South Melbourne, Australia
In the first post I put in this thread, I listed the possibility that the 13" Pro might stick around and that they'd just use the higher-end current model to replace the low-end model and just not have a higher-end model. I mean really, only half of my four possible predictions even involve the nixing of the 13" Pro and the least far fetched of those two simply involve rebranding it as the new "MacBook" as people don't care what it's called just as long as it's shiny, aluminum and does things. Only the education market cares about the white polycarbonate material. But again, I could see it happening either way. My second post was to justify the logic of "how could they possibly discontinue their most popular model?", which is usually fueled by someone who either doesn't read or doesn't know what they're talking about.

i worked as a staff on apple reseller store ,
being read less and see the store close 5-6 MBP 13" each day while the 15" and 17" sometimes they ain't even selling one .
instead you being the one who read too much don't even know how the sales looks like .

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
i worked as a staff on apple reseller store ,
being read less and see the store close 5-6 MBP 13" each day while the 15" and 17" sometimes they ain't even selling one .
instead you being the one who read too much don't even know how the sales looks like .

Huh?

mdgm

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2010
I am almost very sad to get a new MBP, since my April 2008 15" MBP is still kicking better than any windows machine I could get at work... I don't really like the keyboard of the latest round of revisions, my fingers flow easily from key to key with my current MBP's keys. I would say that i don't really need an upgrade technically, as this laptop is awesome 3 years later, just my current warranty is done and my employee wants me to be covered... What a bad spot to be in... :D

If you're the boss, you don't need to listen to your employee. Provided you backup well, you could always hurry off and buy a new MBP if you need to and get back up and running quickly.

If your current machine suits your needs don't feel you need to upgrade.

Mac fancier

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2011
Are we there yet?

I want to replace my trusted iBook G4 (which I thought was starting to dawdle--then was given a new desktop pc at work, and my appreciation of the iBook was restored). Still, it's full to the brim and time to be pensioned off.
First i checked MacRumours once a while. Then I checked MacRumours weekly. Then daily. Then I started reading some of the comments. Then all the comments. Then to make Homer Simpson-like drooling noises over the idea of liquid metal, or at least thinner and lighter design.
Release the &*^*&*%$% thing already!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.