Carrier "More Everything" Plans coming to Verizon

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Looks like Verizon has something to announce tomorrow called # More Everything Plans

Plans will take subsidy out of the pricing and bundle with Edge offerings - thank you TMobile

Looks like pricing will be a savings for family plans

Sorry for the grainy picture

Credit to Android Police for the image

Attachments

Last edited:

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
isn't that the same pricing that they have now? for the shared data?
Access lines are cheaper example 10gb - smartphones are $20 instead $40 until you use a 2 year subsidy again then it's back to $40

Right now I pay 210 with taxes for 10gb/ 3 iPhones tomorrow my bill will be 10gb/ 3 iPhones for about 155 with taxes as I have a 20% discount

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
Looks like they might be matching AT&T. Well done.
Close, but no cigar.

AT&T Mobile Share Value Plans are a $15 discount per line ($10 on Verizon) for up to 8GB if you do their monthly installments. $25 discount per line for 10GB and up ($20 on Verizon). And the base price for 10GB is $100 on both sides. AT&T still comes out on top here.

But I've been an AT&T customer for 7+ years and have never been anywhere else so I won't comment on quality of service. AT&T is phenomenal here in Florida.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
Access lines are cheaper example 10gb - smartphones are $20 instead $40 until you use a 2 year subsidy again then it's back to $40

Right now I pay 210 with taxes for 10gb/ 3 iPhones tomorrow my bill will be 10gb/ 3 iPhones for about 155 with taxes as I have a 20% discount
oh wow, i didn't see that. my mom gets the 20% discount as well so this might convince her to up us to 10gb. we also have 3 iPhones right now with 8gb of data.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Yep the difference in pricing from AT&T and Verizon is 5 bucks x 3 for me but I can say personally Verizon services have been awesome I was switching to AT&T to save money and now I don't have to- I'm excited

I'm sure tomorrow the wait times in the call centers will be crazy I hope plans can be changed online

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Not bad at all. They can charge $5 more than AT&T due to the coverage difference but that's just enough to prevent people from jumping ship. It's a good move.

I still have 3 lines with them sharing 2GB. Can't complain about it being a little cheaper.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Correct me if Im reading this wrong but according to this you are penalized for NOT being on the Verizon Edge program. So if your phone is paid in full your paying $40 per line access where if you are on Verizon Edge is $30 for up to 8gb or $20 for 10gb.

Where as att its the plan price plus $25 for up to 8gb and then $15 for 10gb and up. Installments added to that if they apply.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
basically verizon is raising prices one way or another...
I don't see it as raising prices it's either you go to Edge or buy your phone full value or you pay the same

I was excited to see my bill would go down - I guess it's true that you can't please everyone

SoIsays

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
Verizon is making extra money on the consumer one way or another. They get it from you whether you are on Edge or not. Big Red's revenue is increasing while your wallet is decreasing.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
I don't see it as raising prices it's either you go to Edge or buy your phone full value or you pay the same

I was excited to see my bill would go down - I guess it's true that you can't please everyone
They are excited to see you paying more for the Edge program down the road. Have fun. VZ will be pleased!

For me, no thanks.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
They are excited to see you paying more for the Edge program down the road. Have fun. VZ will be pleased!

For me, no thanks.
Well not really. Because they still offer two year subsidy like ATT but you pay $40 line access instead of the cheaper rates. So you have the option of having it both ways for either the same price as it currently or cheaper with a paid off phone.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Well not really. Because they still offer two year subsidy like ATT but you pay $40 line access instead of the cheaper rates. So you have the option of having it both ways for either the same price as it currently or cheaper with a paid off phone.
No, really. On the Edge program, which this More plan requires, you will constantly be paying for a phone, whether you have it for 2 years or 5. So in the long run, VZ makes more because you pay more.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca

For me, no thanks.
My current Verizon bill is $100 for 10gb plus $40 x 3 lines - 20% plus taxes = $210

My future Verizon bill would be $100 for 10gb plus $20 x 3 lines - 20% plus taxes = $155

If I choose not to go with the Edge program or don't buy my phones full price my new bill will be same as my current bill now as the lines would go back to $40 vs the $20 dollars once I sign an upgrade contract with discounted pricing for each line

Am I missing the price increase????

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
My current Verizon bill is $100 for 10gb plus $40 x 3 lines - 20% plus taxes = $210

My future Verizon bill would be $100 for 10gb plus $20 x 3 lines - 20% plus taxes = $155

If I choose not to go with the Edge program or don't buy my phones full price my new bill will be same as my current bill now as the lines would go back to $40 vs the $20 dollars once I sign an upgrade contract with discounted pricing for each line

Am I missing the price increase????
These programs are only for active Edge customers according your document. Edge programs require you to pay monthly for your phones. Each iPhone 5S on your plan would cost an additional $27.15 per month.

mrschanah

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
It seems like to me Verizon can't never win with some people. If they didn't respond to AT&T, people complain. If they do respond to AT&T, people STILL complain.

pTacRP

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2013
Ok, so I'm currently on the share everything plan, 2 phones at 2gb data, $60/month access plus $40/line. I'm paying roughly $140/month after my 15% discount! and we are eligible for phone upgrades every 2 years. Can I switch to Edge, and if so how much would it cost me? Which is better???

mrschanah

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
So for a company to win you over, they just have to raise rates? :confused::rolleyes:
I'm not saying anything about any rates. If you would re-read what I said, I was stating that Verizon can't seem to make MOST people happy. It's like damn if you do, damn if you don't

keitarou

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2012
No, really. On the Edge program, which this More plan requires, you will constantly be paying for a phone, whether you have it for 2 years or 5. So in the long run, VZ makes more because you pay more.
No... if you finish paying off the phone in 24 months, you no longer pay unless you get a new phone. I think you are not understanding it.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Correct me if Im reading this wrong but according to this you are penalized for NOT being on the Verizon Edge program. So if your phone is paid in full your paying $40 per line access where if you are on Verizon Edge is $30 for up to 8gb or $20 for 10gb.

Where as att its the plan price plus $25 for up to 8gb and then $15 for 10gb and up. Installments added to that if they apply.
If thats true....I will be leaving Verizon tomorrow. My AT&T is here and I wont do Edge I want the option to buy my phones full value and pay $20 a month vs $40

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Verizon is making extra money on the consumer one way or another. They get it from you whether you are on Edge or not. Big Red's revenue is increasing while your wallet is decreasing.

their pricing isn't worse than t-mobile once you factor in the cost of the phone and the coverage

i have a verizon phone and i can talk in elevators and almost anywhere inside buildings. i also have AT&T and it's not as good on indoor coverage

t-mobile still has lots of holes, especially outside high density areas