More Photos from Claimed Next-Generation iPhone Include Front Panel with Centered FaceTime Camera

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 29, 2012.

1. nickn, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012

nickn macrumors 6502

Apple better do something good with the next iPhone, and quick. If they don't, the competition is going to come in and destroy them. Far better rival phones are popping up left and right, such as the Samsung Galaxy 3. The galaxy s3 has faster mobile networking through LTE support, a far faster quad core CPU, a better GPU, double the ram, a larger battery, a higher resolution and larger screen, better wifi support with access to 5ghz bands, better front and rear cameras, NFC support, an SD slot that will allow up to 128Gb of memory, etc... Why any one would buy any iPhone at this point is a mystery.

2. somebodyorother macrumors newbie

Because it made me laugh, and I have a terrible sense of humor. :p

3. 2bikes macrumors 6502

Why is it the mic in the middle?

4. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

So the front and back "bezel" are at an unmatched height? Does that bother anyone else?

5. george-brooks macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

I'm not sure how I feel about the two tone back. And is that a headphone jack on the bottom like the iPod Touch? That would be rather annoying :/. Looks like they are indeed going with the rumored new connector. Does it look like micro USB or is it something different?

6. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

I kinda prefer the audio jack on the top.... Other wise very nice.

7. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

8. Rennir macrumors 6502

Not really a big fan of the non uniform back. I'd rather have all of 1 material/color honestly.

9. ActionJax macrumors member

I'm not in love with what I see here, but the truth is that it doesn't really matter since I'll wrap my iPhone in a case anyway.

10. sik08amg macrumors regular

sik08amg

I would assume they create things like this during production...kind of like a car with weird paneling to attempt to cover up the real deal. I hope anyway.

11. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

So is this "tall" or not? Also, why the hell is the middle section of the back a different color than the rest? Isn't Apple going towards simplifying things, rather than adding colors and seams?

12. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

You don't understand. That design would allow your iPhone to double as a Magic Mouse.

The two-tone does seem odd. It makes the front and back look identical (with the screen turned off).

13. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

The headphone jack at the bottom make SO much more sense. A very welcome improvement.

14. Intarweb macrumors 6502a

15. ZacNicholson macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

or what?

16. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

No one has mentioned the reason for the two-tone back yet. Are we seeing an extension of antennae's (as seen on the top down view) bleeding through the partially-opaque glass back?

17. JamesDo macrumors regular

Somebody is getting fired with a ****** design as this, the first signs that Apple is going down-hill. The stretched simply looks ridiculous and the holes at the bottom look cheap. But wait it's posted by Mark Fackface of 9to5Mac so it is FAKE.

18. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

19. dashiel macrumors 6502a

Well I didn’t like the leaked images of the iPhone4 either.

20. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Des anyone really believe the back of the phone will look like this? Seriously? :confused:

21. somebodyorother macrumors newbie

*uses Magic Mousephone on slightly gritty desk* gaaah! My screen!

22. slnko-v-sieti macrumors member

I'd attribute it to the lighting and the photograph quality, honestly. The white balance of the photo is very visibly skewed toward yellow.

If the photo was taken under incandescent, rather than flourescent, light that would explain why it looks yellow-white instead of metallic silver. (The uBreakiFix photos do look metallic silver.)

23. Mortalias macrumors 6502

Mortalias

Again, I don't understand the mismatching colors at all. Why a rounded rectangle would be sliced in half by a blocky different color is beyond me.

Does anyone else think the large speaker holes and horrifying back plate screams "cheap"? There has to be someone else!

24. dukeace2094 macrumors regular

The logo on the white iphone in the previous leaks were black and now they seem to be silver or white? Seems like more of a mockup based on leaks rather than an actual photo. Also, are there any dimensions on the front panel?

25. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

Does anyone else find it strange that the apple on the white model in this photo is grayish with black iPhone letters, whereas in the previous article's picture it was black like the iPhone letters?