Most Badass Movie Scenes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by husker4, Jan 26, 2010.

1. husker4 macrumors member

theres a thread goin on rivals right now about this, since this board seems to like movie threads...

-Jack's "You Can't Handle the Truth" speech in "A Few Good Men"
    -Pacino's "Inches" speech in "Any Given Sunday"
    -Doc Holiday- "I'm your huckleberry"- "Tombstone"
    -BMF Wallet- "Pulp Fiction"
    -mel gibson chasing down the british with his little son's- "The Patriot"
    -and the most BA scene ever imho- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_-p3Z4Ofy0

2. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Silent Hill.

The crazy lady that ends up following the lead character around for a little while gets caught on the church steps by a guy with a big mask and a giant sword.

Watch it.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

The court confrontation in A Few Good Men was riveting. One of the roles I like Tom Cruise in. And Gladiator, I walked out of the movie thinking best picture, without doubt. I was right. :p

The big fight in Return of the King, there were several scenes that gave me chills 1)perspective from behind Nasgul as it descends on Minus Tirith 2) when the Riders of Rohan charged the Horde (I mean the minions of Suron) ;) and when 3) Legolas Greenleaf takes down an armed Oliphant single handedly and Gimli tells him that only counts as 1!

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Shoot em up the .....the whole movie and the Matrix where Neo is beating up 50 copys of whats his name and uses one of them as a bat.:D

6. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

pretty much the most bad ass scene I remember seeing is in the Bourne Ultimatum, where bourne takes out the entire hit team at the Madrid safehouse, then calls the cops, tells them there was something going on in the building next to his and that the people perpetrating seemed to be Americans. The next crew of people coming to take him out then get held up by the cops. The scene at the beginning of that movie, which takes place inside the London train station is pretty tough too!

I also liked the threat Liam Neeson makes to the kidnapper in "Taken" especially when he actually catches up with him later in the movie.

SLC

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The Matrix, the part where Neo and Trinity kick ass.

8. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

9. spetykowski macrumors member

I can't believe no one has mentioned the ending of Iron Man, at the press conference? That was the first on my mind! Awesome!

10. partyBoy macrumors 68000

partyBoy

The final fight scene is bad ass...actually the whole damn movie is awesome.

Attached Files:

11. NeoMac macrumors regular

NeoMac

One of my favorite badass movie scenes is the shoot out scene during the end of True Romance, also the shoot out scene during The Crow when Eric Draven is on top of the table. I also love the ending of Aliens when Ripley fights off the aliens with her combo rifle and flamethrower and of course the end battle with the power lifter against the queen.

12. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Not really a badass fight scene, but I always liked the last few minutes of Usual Suspects. I also liked the scene where Stephen Baldwin's character had the sniper rifle on the docks.

Again, this wasn't an action movie, but I love the scene in Grosse Point Blank when Martin Blank gets in the fight with the hitman at the reunion. Stabbing in the neck with a pen is an awesome way to finish the fight. Then he wraps him up in the banner.

13. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I've always liked the part of Pulp Fiction where Butch decides that he can't leave Marsellus in the basement with the rapists, picks a weapon, then goes back in to rescue him. The conversation that ensues afterwards, concluding with Butch riding off on the chopper, was pretty badass.

14. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Just because I saw it recently so it's fresh to mind.

The scene from the last "Star Trek" where Spock is head on with a horde of Romulan missles. "Captain, I've picked up another ship!" Then Enterprise pops out of warp and starts shooting the crap out of anything that moves.

15. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

16. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Die Hard:

John McClane: You should have heard your brother squeal when I broke his ****ing neck.

Empire Strikes Back:

I am your Father.

17. partyBoy macrumors 68000

partyBoy

18. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

The bank robbery and shootout scene in the movie, HEAT. Check it out on Youtube.

19. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

Agreed with the chase scene in Banlieue 13.

Also the final courtroom speech from Boondock Saints.

20. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

That was the exact scene I was thinking of when I saw the thread.

What about the end of Last Of The Mohicans, another Micheal Mann film.

Another one that comes to mind is not from a movie but the T.V. Show Twin Peaks when Leland Palmer kills his Niece Maggie.

21. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Movie - Road House
    Dalton rips that dude's throat out

Honorable mention in a different category - 24 (Television)
    Jack Bauer grabs a dude by the head, runs on the wall all the way around the hallway they're in, and breaks his neck (season 2 or 3)

22. timecarter macrumors newbie

"I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart"

Michael gives Fredo kiss.

23. kunal123 macrumors member

I liked the scene in the dark knight when Joker blows up the whole hospital.