Most Beautiful PowerPC Mac

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by AQUADock, May 13, 2012.

?

Most beautiful PowerPC Mac

1. G4 Mac Mini

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. Powermac G3-4

15 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Powermac G5

38 vote(s)
    29.9%
  4. iMac G3

10 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. iMac G4

41 vote(s)
    32.3%
  6. iMac G5

5 vote(s)
    3.9%
  7. Titanium Powerbook

9 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Powerbook G4

21 vote(s)
    16.5%
  9. iBook G3 (clamshell)

5 vote(s)
    3.9%
  10. iBook G3 (white)

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  11. iBook G4

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

What do you guys think the best looking PowerPC mac ever made was? I think the G4 iMac comes first with the cube second.

2. SuperJudge macrumors 6502

SuperJudge

For me, it's a toss up between the G4 iMac and the PowerMac G5. Completely different aesthetics, but I totally dig them both.

3. RMT25 macrumors member

4. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

The cube, but you forgot to put the cube on the list.

5. AQUADock thread starter macrumors 65816

AQUADock

Damn it i knew i would forget something.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the iMac G4 was just beautiful. however the cube was awesome in its own right too.

7. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

You also should not group the PowerMac G3 and G4 together. The 2 different PM G3 have totally different looks and then the G4 tower has 3 very distinctly different case designs.

You don't seem to have put much thought into this.

8. AQUADock thread starter macrumors 65816

AQUADock

True but not by that much (colour and front panel). The shape was basically the same if im not mistaken.

9. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

How about if you think that ANY of those are the most beautiful PowerPC mac, you click on that group.
    Afterwards, if that group turns out to be the most popular, we can hold a new and improved one where we list each one of the little variations on the PM G3 and G4, putting as much thought into it as humanly possible, so that no computer is left out.

For now, just vote.

10. Hastings101 macrumors 68020

Hastings101

No option for eMac? :( That was my favorite design lol, I guess the Powerbook G4 is a close second.

11. InuNacho macrumors 65816

InuNacho

The PM G3 also has the nice cool G3 on the side of it.
    Voted for the iMac G3, yea sure the first one was a bit weird but some of the later ones like the black and white ones are so nice looking.

12. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

PowerMac G4, specifically the MDD. The previous Sawtooth and Quicksilver models looked cheap to me.

13. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

This list seems to be missing the Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh. It is technically a PowerPC Mac. While not my favorite looking, it is iconic. I'd probably vote for the G4 Cube.

14. dandeco macrumors regular

I've always loved the sleek designs the PowerMac G4s have, ever since my college got some older ones in early 2008 (they were 800MHz QuickSilver models, running 10.3 Panther, then upgraded to Leopard.) Even the 1999-2001 models have a nice look to them, along with the Mirror Door model. I liked it so much I even got my own PowerMac G4 QuickSilver! (867Mhz model) In fact, I think Apple should make a mid-range desktop computer with the design of the PowerMac G4, but with an Intel Core i7 processor or something, and market it as between the iMac and the Mac Pro, or maybe even the same price as the low-end MacBook Air.

I also like the iMac G5's design, and also the eMac (though it wasn't a voting option here), as it actually looks kind of classy for a CRT all-in-one computer (even more so than the iMac G3s!)

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

G4 Quicksilver. Any model. I've never gotten my hands on one, but I've always lusted for one. Something about that speaker in the front is just cool to me.

Conversely, I've always thought the Sawtooths and the MDDs were ugly (the Sawtooth in particular has always looked cheap to me). And I hated the look of the G5 when it came out. It's grown on me since then, but I believe the Mac Pro looks better - but that's not a PowerMac.

16. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Titanium PowerBook, iMac G4, and G4 Cube. Easily the most beautiful computers ever built by any company at ANY point in history.

17. bengi macrumors member

Sorry for being frank, but this poll is a mess! you forgot all pre G3 powerPC with the 601, 603 and 604 processors, then the first G3 in the case of the previous 7600-8600.
    PowerBook 5300 was a PowerPC, the beautiful PB 1400, the Kanga was the first G3 PowerBook.
    Start fron scratch!

18. tayloralmond macrumors 6502

Maybe this thread should be restarted and not include the poll at all and just have people give a blunt answer, then the thread starter could tabulate the results. That way no computer is missing.

19. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

20. Ariii macrumors 6502a

Ariii

I like the Clamshells personally. Those OLPC XO laptops look surprisingly like the Key Lime clamshell to me (A little like the eMate 300 as well). The Titanium PowerBook is amazing, except that I would like a backlit keyboard, though it wasn't that common then. The lampshade design of the iMac G4's are amazing, though I wish they came in colors.

21. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

Also would have voted for the cube. Ended up putting my vote in for the G4 Mac Mini. For what they are, they are great little machines. We have a ton of them at work and they still stack up when needed.

22. goMac macrumors 603

Either the Cube or the TiBook.

Shame how easily the TiBook scratched. :(

23. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

24. Starfighter macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

My favorites are the Mini, Cube, iMac G4, iMac G5 and Power Mac G5. I think all of those are pretty much the most beautiful computers I have ever seen. I went with the iMac G5 in this poll since that was my reason to switch to mac. I just had to have one. It worked fine as well, until it went complete bananas and is now gathering dust in my closet.