Mountain Lion Free Upgrade 2012 MBA ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Kmistr01, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Kmistr01 macrumors newbie

I signed up for the free upgrade to mountain lion on apples website for my BTO MBA. Its been over an hour and i still havent received my email. Has anyone who bought a new 2012 MBA received their free ML upgrade email?

Thanks all.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I mean, they are only flooded with people upgrading. I think it even tells you it could be up to 24 hours from when they receive the proof

3. glen e macrumors 68030

Subscribed...did mine at 905 am....nothing yet....

4. indefinitedrums macrumors newbie

Ugh, yeah same here, no email back. rMPB 2012 ordered 6-22

Also, anyone else expecting(hoping, praying) the firewire > thunderbolt adapter to be released today? Nothing in the store yet.

5. Kmistr01 thread starter macrumors newbie

I totally understand the overwhelming inflow of requests. I just wanted to see what every one is seeing in terms of wait time.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

Mine came within 5 minutes. Of course, I got the "this code has already been used" error but I think it is working now.

7. cliff clavin macrumors newbie

just put my request in, but I think I may wait for a few days in case there are some hiccups....

8. Ahmahzahn macrumors member

Still waiting on mine too, requested the code around 10, est. Was expecting at least a confirmation email saying they received my request...

9. Skoopman macrumors 6502

Got mine withing 5 minutes, didn't work. I bought ML and that's it. I have work to do and can't wait to upgrade tomorrow or any day after that.

10. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

Yeah, I've decided to give it until Saturday to let the flooding of downloads cool down a bit.

11. WesCole macrumors 6502a

Just out of curiosity, why did you have to upgrade right now to ML to get work done? I am sure any software you need on ML would still run on Lion...

12. Mjmar macrumors 65816

13. Skoopman macrumors 6502

I need Messages to talk to my clients (Mac to Mac, Mac to iPhone, ICQ, Yahoo) without opening that garbage app Skype. That was the most important reason. Another reason is I couldn't connect to my 5GHz network anymore, works without a problem now. Anyway I had some free time today, which I don't have all the time so it was important to get it done as fast as possible. And c'mon, it was 16€ (I paid only 2€, don't ask me why, but that's what my home banking is telling me), Apple can have my money, they did a great job in my opinion.

14. luqtotheman macrumors regular

same problem, filled out around 7:30 am pacific time nothing yet, no emails at all

15. KPOM macrumors G5

They are working through the duplicate code issue. Supposedly everything will be cleared up in the next 24-48 hours. I received an e-mail from Apple to that effect after I sent a support ticket.

16. luqtotheman macrumors regular

ok cool, thanks for the update!!! i'll be free in a few hours so I hope I get a redeem code by then.

17. asting macrumors 6502

Thanks. I haven't heard anything yet. I was hoping to install it tonight, so here's to hoping it's a quick fix.

18. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I think Apple should at least automatically email codes to everyone who bought one from Apple since they already have our info. That would save a lot of time going through those requests at least. I can see how people that bought their hardware at 3rd party stores might have to request a code, but Apple knows who bought qualifying hardware from their stores.

19. Kmistr01 thread starter macrumors newbie

20. Knightimer macrumors member

21. SoIsays macrumors regular

Apple screwed this up for the people who bought before release of ML. They've prejudicely targeted the paying public and not the free upgraders. God bless capitalism!

22. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Since this program only works for people buying from Apple or an official reseller, theoretically Apple should know what serial numbers qualify no matter where they were bought.

Since the serial number can be read by software, they could have easily allowed you to "claim" your copy right on the App store (just check if serial number qualifies and if so allow the person to "claim" ML onto their account like they do with iLife).

23. WesCole macrumors 6502a

That would be another way they could've handled it. Anything would be better than having to wait hours or days for a code to get our copy of ML.

24. asting macrumors 6502

Eh I was really looking forward to installing it tonight, but I think I'll live waiting a few more hours. No need for melodrama.

Oh who am i kidding that won't be avoided here.

25. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    I'm still waiting on my "code" also. This is ridiculous. We buy the most recent hardware and we have to wait for a promised at purchase OS, or pay for it ???