Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sigftw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Crystal Palace, London, England
I noticed that two purchases made just yesterday from iTunes have disappeared from my purchased section on iOS and tvOS. The films in question are 'Song to Song' and 'The Bridge on the River Kwai'.

I've spent three hours on chat with support and no-one has a clue whats going on. They have refunded me and we've tried repurchasing but no matter what, the films just don't appear and the Apple TV doesn't update from 'Buy' to 'Play'.

Makes me worry a bit about my purchases. Guess I'm going to have to hope they get this resolved soon on my account. In the mean time and for the future, I shall be making a spreadsheet of my purchases...

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
I noticed that two purchases made just yesterday from iTunes have disappeared from my purchased section on iOS and tvOS. The films in question are 'Song to Song' and 'The Bridge on the River Kwai'.

I've spent three hours on chat with support and no-one has a clue whats going on. They have refunded me and we've tried repurchasing but no matter what, the films just don't appear and the Apple TV doesn't update from 'Buy' to 'Play'.

Makes me worry a bit about my purchases. Guess I'm going to have to hope they get this resolved soon on my account. In the mean time and for the future, I shall be making a spreadsheet of my purchases...

I and another member experienced this a while back. The movie was somehow moved to the “hidden” section of iTunes purchases. Which can only be accessed though iTunes on a Mac/PC. All we had to do was unhide them.

Banquo's Ghost

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Devon, UK
According to iTunes I have no hidden content so it's all still a big mystery...

I'm in the same predicament. Just went to watch a movie and there's nothing at all under Purchased. No TV shows, no movies, no music. No option I can see to change this.

Any ideas?

sigftw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
I'm in the same predicament. Just went to watch a movie and there's nothing at all under Purchased. No TV shows, no movies, no music. No option I can see to change this.

Any ideas?

Got in touch with support mate. I was with them for 5 hours last night and still got nowhere. They’re investigating with their engineers atm.

sigftw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Try signing out and back in..

I have. It seems to be a server side issue as I've done everything I can with support for 5 hours to get back the two missing films. We've tried the following:

Signing in and out of the account.

Unplugging the apple tv for 55 seconds and rebooting.

Force downloading on iTunes OS X with the assistance of support works if you only want to watch on Mac.

Repurchasing the movie will inform me that I already own the title and asks if I want to buy again. Doing this does nothing but charge the account again without giving access to the film. Because it's a duplicate purchase, it doesn't show up with support so they have to work out through your history what your iTunes credit balance should be.

The movies aren't in my hidden library. They just fail to show regardless if iOS, tvOS or OS X on 'purchased' but luckily do show in 'purchased history' on my account history.

They refunded me for the purchases and are looking into the issue with their engineers. I'll report back when I have an update to give.

This post was more of a PSA as I saw on the bluray.com forums others had noticed missing titles.

tobyha

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2017
I have the same issues with missing movies. Life and ID4 disappeared from my library.

I've been in contact with apple support, and though not being able to fix the problem through troubleshooting, they are aware of this issue and have engineers looking into it.

Hopefully everything will soon be up and running as normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: sigftw

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
I have the same trouble with a purchased 2nd episode from The Orville,
luckily I have downloaded it as a backup, it won't show in purchased, but is still in my library :cool:

Tried repurchasing it, and it does say that I already purchased it and if I want to re-download it, and then it still won't show in purchased o_O

sigftw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
They refunded me the full amount for my movie purchases and gave me 2 free rentals and 3 free tv shows. Hoping that it gets sorted soon. I also tried repurchasing and they are still saying that I've already purchased so may have got a good deal through this glitch... we'll see.

Thanks everyone ho is also dealing with this for replying.

Reactions: tobyha

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
Just finished a chat session with Apple, at first it seemed several purchases were all of a sudden hidden o_O
I never did that, I didn't even know that was possible.

He un-hid them, but still that 2nd episode from The Orville would not show in my purchases,
after some signing in/out restarting ....he said he would re-upload the episode to the iTunes store,
that seemed to have solved it, after another batch of signing in/out restarting all devices it finally showed up in my purchase list, and was able to download the episode, and showed in my iTunes library under purchased.

But I did not get a refund, free rentals or free episodes, darn :rolleyes:

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I purchased Knight of Cups on Tuesday. It appeared in my purchased movies and I even watched some of the special features.
I noticed last night that the movie is now missing from my library and it's showing that it's available for purchase in the iTunes store again (if I owned the movie, it wouldn't be showing the purchase option).

I wrote Apple support an email late last night so I will see what they say. But this is worrisome. I don't feel like making a list of my purchased iTunes movies.

tobyha

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2017
The missing movies have just turned up on my apple tv and ios devices, and are working again like before.

sigftw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Tried to repurchase my films today and it allowed me to. It seems all is sorted now. However, let's keep this thread open incase it happens again and I'd suggest everyone makes a spreadsheet of their collection to be safe.

Reactions: tobyha

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
I got on with support because 7 movies were hidden. I didn't even know that was possible.

Turns out I had between 25 and 30 TV seasons also hidden. I think I might have re-purchased some on Vudu because I forgot they were in iTunes since they were missing. The worst part is that it would allow me to repurchase the stuff on iTunes when it was hidden.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.