Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhantomZone

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Activator is disable when Cydia is loaded to avoid any interruption or processes overlap while upgrading

which is a real PITA given thats especially when you need to disable auto lock if an app is taking an age to download!!

Cydia really needs to be made multitasking compatible!

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
which is a real PITA given thats especially when you need to disable auto lock if an app is taking an age to download!!

Cydia really needs to be made multitasking compatible!

So you want a program that can modify, delete or corrupt OS system files to be running at the same time that other programs??? :eek::eek::eek:

I think that would create more issues than it will solve, same principles apply on the iPhone than on any computer system, every time you are going to install or uninstall programs, remove all background process and quit all application.

people take Cydia and Rock and any installer for that matter for granted, these programs can do as much damage as good if they are misused, if people would use a just a bit or common sense (and respect) while using this applications, we would have a lot less issues, thread asking for the same thing over and over and a lot more "happy" jailbreakers

truciet

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
Multifl0w crashes every time when you have more than 9 apps open. It works 100% perfectly with 9 apps, but once you open the 10th app, it crashes. I can recreate the crash every time with a 10th app open.

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
so in your option is mutlifl0w really worth it or is it the same as having backgrounder with your native mutlitasking?

i like the look of multifl0w though.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
Maybe it's different on a retina display, but on an 3gs things get a little hard to see with more then 4 apps open. If they had an option to used the same preview on a coverflow style display I would like it more.

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2010
Really like this. It's faster to switch apps and the flow is really smooth.

Gripes:
-Camera won't open from multifl0w
-More than 9 apps: only the first 9 are shown. I'd like the app to display the 9 most recently opened apps that are in memory.

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
no. you do lose that functionality regardless of how you choose to activate it.

You must have a different version of multifl0W then.

I changed multifl0w activation to be a swipe from the bottom of the screen. As soon as I did this, double pressing the home button reverted back to the standard Apple behavior.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
You must have a different version of multifl0W then.

I changed multifl0w activation to be a swipe from the bottom of the screen. As soon as I did this, double pressing the home button reverted back to the standard Apple behavior.

how about on the lockscreen?

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Still brings up multiflow. Although getting access to the tasks and the iPod controls isn't something I use from the lock screen.

the problem is that even when you set it for some other activation method besides double tap home, double tapping home on the lockscreen will bring up multiflow which is annoying.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
the problem is that even when you set it for some other activation method besides double tap home, double tapping home on the lockscreen will bring up multiflow which is annoying.

Settings>Activator>At Lock Screen >Double Press and change it back. Simple fix.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
Ah.....multifl0w must set that. Thanks!

It isn't the normal lock screen media controls but the pop up controls used while off the lock screen so it's not perfect and is something activator needs to fix.

EDIT: OK, if you want to get your regular Lockinfo controls back in Activator add ipod controls then remove them for push down controls.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.