Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

B/D

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2016
Someone is experiencing albums being randomly splitted and metadata changes being reversed?. This happens even with content added from Apple Music to my Icloud Music Library, not just with ripped uploaded music.

Happens both on my old Imac with Catalina and my MBA in the latest stable Monterey version.

Didnt happen before so I think is a server side issue. Any thoughts?.

Thank you.

Reactions: nortonandreev

AJTC

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2012
Syncing is still broken in 12.2.

I thought maybe even the iCloud sync issue was to blame but it must not be.

jkelol111

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2021
Music now automatically plays the correct sample rate for tracks mastered for different classes.
1643250306664.png

Does it? Mine still has the same behavior as before.

Reactions: ErikGrim

AmazingTechGeek

macrumors demi-god
Mar 6, 2015
Los Angeles
View attachment 1949855
Does it? Mine still has the same behavior as before.
That's not the proper way to understand the given info. That window is just telling users what format is being played back. Not all songs will be 48+khz. The problem was that the app was applying the system MIDI settings, which is a big no no for modern consumer music applications. In a audio workspace, that is the only environment where you want manual control of the bit stream.

Last edited:

Schlonz

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2014
Annoying on the new version is the inconsistency of the UI. I know it is a work in progress but why has the app different scrollbar designs/behaviours? Search result in Apple Music has permanent scrollbars but if you switch to "Your Library" you have the scrollbar design/behaviour of the system. Why do they code a different behaviour when they use the native AppKit framework?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 10.22.48.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 10.22.48.png
    1 MB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 10.22.53.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 10.22.53.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
Reactions: Andrew73875

elementalwingma

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2014
Even though managing your own library is still less than to be desired, I can appreciate the much improved searching in Apple Music. If they could fix the lag when you have a large library I would be jumping off the walls, has no right to be as slow and choppy as it is.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Is it me, or the text should be white instead of black for better contrast when there is a selection made?
Yes! Not to mention (at least for me?) the Day/Date/Time in the top right is sometimes impossible to see. I'm starting to think this is on purpose for some reason...

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 8.00.23 AM.png

As for the Music app (version 1.2.2.40), I'm starting to see a LOT of this when adding tracks to my Library:

This is in List view:
Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 7.58.48 AM.png

This is in the Album View:
Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 8.03.59 AM.png

These are all tracks I still have downloaded in their respective folders. Why do some say they're downloaded and others do not? I've re-added the erroneous files back again, and a few get matched or at least uploaded, but I'm still left with more issues. Unbelievable.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Anyone have any insight on this but....my iPad is an older version that didnt get Lossless. I stream lossless from my macbook to my airplay (apple tv) for 44.1k usually. On my iPad, since it doesnt have lossless, it shows up as 48k but the format is of course AAC. What is the bitrate of this AAC? Is it always 256kbps or is it variable, possibly less?

Found that when listening to my ipad the quality has felt like **** to the point i thought it was my amp, but using my macbook last night wasnt giving me a headache. Is the bitrate of AAC variable and possibly degraded on older devices?

Last edited:

AmazingTechGeek

macrumors demi-god
Mar 6, 2015
Los Angeles
I've never seen this and the current format is exactly the same as before on my end
It’s a very nuanced technical detail most users did not notice. Some people complained here on MR and even emailed Apple executives directly about this. It was because the Music app was still using WebKit instead of using native code and API’s.

Apps like Spotify would use exclusive mode or smartly identify which bit stream was playing. Music app always pointed to the MIDI system configuration, which is a big no.

Reactions: TonyM42

vddobrev

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
Haskovo, Bulgaria
It’s a very nuanced technical detail most users did not notice. Some people complained here on MR and even emailed Apple executives directly about this. It was because the Music app was still using WebKit instead of using native code and API’s.

Apps like Spotify would use exclusive mode or smartly identify which bit stream was playing. Music app always pointed to the MIDI system configuration, which is a big no.
And how can you tell or check this? I would like to see it to believe it...

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦

as opposed to what? we dont have exclusive mode

Howard Ellacott

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
United Kingdom
I thought I was alone with the sync issues until I checked this thread. It's driving me crazy.

I haven't got a workaround for the playlist sync but for adding songs to the iCloud Music Library, editing song tags etc. I've found the only way is to:

- Uncheck sync library
- Deauthorise this computer
- Sign out of Apple Music
- Reboot the mac
- Sign into Apple Music
- Authorise this computer
- Check sync library

But as with the other workaround this doesn't seem to last very long before it needs to be done if you want to add/edit another song.
I thought I was going mad until I found this thread! Solution for playlists sync that works for me is to edit the playlist or whatever, then immediately duplicate it. The new duplicate always successfully syncs to my iPad and iPhone, and on there I delete the old one. Very convoluted but it seems to work! The sync issue still occurs in 12.3 Beta 1.

Reactions: AJTC

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
1.2.3.36 here:
- Text on selection is still black in most views, however, sometimes it's white. I think it's clear it's a bug that has to be fixed and the text has to be white when there's a selection/hover with the dark-red background.
- There are still issues with the status of the songs - two songs in the table view show the currently playing animation over the artwork.
- I had an occasion where the song was another one than the one that was showing in the now playing section - the metadata was from the previous song, only the progress bar was updated.

- I don't see anything changed from 1.2.2.40, however, it seems that Dolby Atmos tracks start immediately. Before, there was a few seconds delay and the stereo mix was playing first. I am not sure if it was due to the ongoing iCloud issues back then, or if it was a bug with the Music app.

B/D

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2016
Anyone have any insight on this but....my iPad is an older version that didnt get Lossless. I stream lossless from my macbook to my airplay (apple tv) for 44.1k usually. On my iPad, since it doesnt have lossless, it shows up as 48k but the format is of course AAC. What is the bitrate of this AAC? Is it always 256kbps or is it variable, possibly less?

Found that when listening to my ipad the quality has felt like **** to the point i thought it was my amp, but using my macbook last night wasnt giving me a headache. Is the bitrate of AAC variable and possibly degraded on older devices?

The Apple TV resamples everything to 48khz. Is not the Ipad, its the Apple TV.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Anyone experiencing an issue where if you delete something from your library, you can't re-add it from Music's streaming library?

happening constantly, im afraid to delete anything now, clicking the + just does nothing

im on the latest beta and noticed this happened with the previous version as well

update: on the web & android apps the missing tracks show up properly, just not in the MacOS app

Last edited:

funkypepper

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
Boy, the Mini Player repositioning logic is so broken. It worked fine in iTunes.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Andrew73875 and B/D
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.