My 98lbs Weight Loss: Before and After

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kardashian, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

So, I'll keep it short.

At the end of 2007, I began a lifestyle changing regime where I wanted to lose around 3 stone (42lbs). Well, I did over double that.

At one stage I put on 2 stone, when I moved back to the UK in September to go to university. I dropped out last month, and I've lost a stone already. So, I'm a stone heavier in these 'after' shots than my goal weight (which I did reach!!)

So, as well as losing 98lbs, I've treated myself too:

1. Eyebrow shaping/dyeing and eyelash dyeing
    2. Full tooth veneers (3 left until they're complete)
    3. Botox to my forehead (hasn't been done yet. I'm 20 years old and have MASSIVE lines from losing weights. It's horrendous)

Please don't criticise for the 'work' I've had/am having - its a personal choice and I've worked hard.

Anyway, here they are:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      49.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      56.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      45.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      36.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      39.6 KB
      Views:
  2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I truly commend you for your weight loss. Whomever decides to criticize you for your cosmetic work can go to hell for all I care. You did very well, you did it right (without surgery) and you look fantastic!
    I'm absolutely inspired by people like you. Well done.

3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Aww, thank you so much, J. :) That's really sweet. I am proud of myself, I must admit.

But, to anyone overweight who is reading this thread:

Stop what you're doing and change. My face, arms, legs have all gone back normal. My torso is a different matter. That's basically fu*ked. Change now.

4. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Congrats man. That's awesome. I'm currently in need of losing about 60-70 lbs. I did it before, years ago, but this time around it's incredibly hard.

5. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

yikers... I like how the after picture is like some facebook look cool shot:p
    good luck with the "work" your having done:rolleyes:

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

That is excellent. Well done, you!

And I hope no one has the nerve to get snarky with you over having any work done. How many things do people do to change their appearance and don't catch crap for it? Hair dye, make up, tattoos, piercings, body building, etc etc. It is personal and it's up to you entirely.

Congratulations are in order.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The younger you are the more success you'll have with your skin going back to normal or near normal. The longer your skin remains stretched the more issues you'll have as you get older if you start to lose the weight. The skin itself loses elasticity over time so for most people who have a dramatic weight loss (like you did) will undoubtedly need plastic surgery to remove the excess skin. You can keep it, but it is very dangerous (proven studies) to carry skin that basically has to use on your body.

I think what is more important though is that you did this without surgery. That is more impressive.

8. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Congratulations! Perhaps you can outline what you did to lose all that weight to help others? Once again congratulations that you decided to do something for yourself.

9. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Thank you very much, iBlue. :)

No doubt someone will say something, I'm not bothered - I walk around with my plastic face, dyed hair and porcelain teeth as proud as could be :p

But on a more serious note, I'll explain how I did it:

1. 700 cal's a day
    2. 15g of fat MAXIMUM
    3. No eating after 9pm
    4. An hours exercise a day (running, spinning)

Obviously this was a drastic diet, and I was monitored by a dietician and personal trainer due to the risks involved. Anyone wanting to do this, you can - but seek the proper help.

10. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Congrats!
    That's a lot of weight to shift.
    I hope you treated yourself to a nice pair of Manolo Blahnik or Jimmy Choos… ;)

However, a dietician approved you for a less than 700cals/day diet? Wowza!

But from now on… exercise… exercise… exercise… :D

Good luck!

11. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Haha. A friend of mine had dinner with Jimmy Choo the other night actually. His designs are amazing, but G-d he was not blessed in the looks department. He's like a moody little goblin. Bless.

Completely irrelevant.

This is the part I hated. And still do. I haven't exercised in about 6 months, but now I'm out of uni and losing weight/healthy eating again, I'll start it up.

12. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Makes your feet feel like a million dollars though… *cough* or so I'm told… ;)

Get going! :)
    You do not want to undo all your hard work…
    My sister went through that and… not recommended.

13. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

On a sidenote, I've had a spray tan in the 3 'after' photos.

WTF was on my skin before? If I'm tanned in the afters, I look radioactive in the first 2.

Dear me.. shame, shame.

14. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Mate that's awesome, well done!

You look great in the after photos :)

I know what you've gone through, so I commend you all the more for it.

15. Wiska macrumors member

The body goes into starvation mode on 700 kcal/day. You simply can't get enough of the daily nutrients your body needs with 700 calories. I'm sorry, but your dietician should be severely reprimanded. The recommended amount of safe weight loss is 1-2 lbs per week. Anything faster, and you run a high risk of regaining weight.

It's these crash weight loss programs (and topics about them) that give the impression these diets are alright, and they are not. Tell us in a year how you're doing, before I congratulate you on your weight loss.

16. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

It's been over a year - its been almost 3.

Thanks for your oh-so-positive input though :rolleyes:

17. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

18. Frisco macrumors 68020

Congratulations!!! I am very impressed. Did you have any dietary rules relating to Carbs?

19. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

IMO, getting work done after you've spent years busting your ass should be perfectly acceptable.

20. MiroMac macrumors member

Wooo! Glad to see someone else abiding by this. I don't need to lose weight, but being a cyclist I need to stay it top shape. One of the harder things to do. Damned the late night Reece's peanut butter cup cravings.

Congratulations on all the weight loss! Not too many people would actually take it as far as you.

21. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, well done. The fact that you did it naturally is what makes it most impressive. ;) All hard work and dedication rather than just 'wishing' it'll all go away. You did great. :)

Also, the "no eating after 9 PM" rule is a good one. I wish I followed this rule, but I ate dinner at 10:30 PM last night. :eek:

22. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

98 lb. wow congrats!

now that you're in shape do you have any goal like running a marathon, biking, a long hike/climb or such? that body wants to be used:cool:

23. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Good lookin out bro. I'm trying to get into the whole lifestylee change myself. Not overweight but I def just want to live that "healthier" lifestyle...
    Anyway congrats....

24. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

My God the damage I have done with those buggers. The other nite I ate 2 bags of 15 at like 11:30pm(I've done much worse:eek:). Once I start eating chocolate at night I will not stop till its all gone or I'm belly up. I wish I knew how many km I jogged just working off peanut butter cups:D

25. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I might be totally wrong here, but aren't you of medical background?

If so, that means a lot coming from someone knowledgeable, who knows the human body (probably better than the person above who bashed me for following severe instructions, imposed by a dietician and personal trainer :rolleyes:)

Anyway, thank you :)

To be honest, no. I did it for my Graduation from Secondary School - and I lost over double, like I said, so that was my goal. Then I always wanted the perfect smile, and I'm 3 porcelain veneers away from that. So yeah :)

I'm not even in shape now, I still weight just a tad over 180. I need to lose around another 14lbs to be 'normal' - but I have a lot of stretched skin, so wearing fitted t-shirts or going to the beach is a definite no, no.

But hey, at least I'll live longer.