My Camping Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by murdercitydevil, Jun 21, 2010.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I plan to camp out at an AT&T store on the night of the 23rd. Before you say "Go to an Apple store", I can't. I have to pay a deposit with AT&T, which means that I couldn't pre-order, and I can't go to a different retailer, hence I am stuck with them. So, my question is what do you think of this plan -

I get off work at 6 PM on Wednesday, and plan on driving by the AT&T store on the way home. Hopefully there aren't any people in line yet. I'll go home, eat a huge meal, pack up my stuff, and set up camp at the store. My main question though is "to sleep or not to sleep?"

At first I planned on bringing a tent and just sleeping through the night and waking up at 6 AM. Then I read a thread about people saying how they would never sleep in a waiting line, how it's dangerous, etc. I live in the city of Orange, CA. It's not a particularly dangerous city...there's not many violent crimes, AFAIK, but robbery might be a different matter. That said, how safe is it to sleep while waiting outside a store? I mean, would someone really try to climb in my tent with me and rob me? I'm a light sleeper, and I plan on bringing a knife just in case, and won't have my MBP or anything of value besides an iPod.

The reason I want to be able to sleep is not because I can't stay up all night, it's because I'm going to run out of stuff to do and get super bored. But if I must, I will. what do you guys think?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Bring something to keep you up. Don't sleep, you might over sleep.

3. gusapple macrumors 6502a

gusapple

In Orange, CA? There will be plenty of people in line by 6 PM. You probably won't be able to sleep because of all of the noise, too. Try bringing some cards and play games with the people around you. Invite a buddy and do the same. I don't know... Be creative! :)

4. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Are you serious :( How do you know there will be people in line that early?

Honestly I don't really want to sleep either though...I can just imagine being the only person sitting there for hours, bored as ****.

5. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

No, but I might be interested in climbing in your tent and cuddling with you... Its hard to quit you man! :p

6. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

You should bring a friend with you. That way, you can at least go out and take a dump.

If you need, call your local news crew. Since we don't have much news to cover here in So. CA., maybe the camera man will camp with you. Not trying to be funny, they might.

7. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

To the OP:

I would think twice about eating a huge meal. That huge meal could turn into a huge problem if you can't go to the bathroom.

8. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Well the huge meal was originally part of the plan if I slept, but if I'm not sleeping, I'll be eating and drinking very little.

Does anyone else think there's going to be a line by 6 PM?

9. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12