Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2012
thinedge bumper:

Thanks for your order.

Due to overwhelming demand of the Thinedge, it was sold out in 3 days.

It will be in stock tomorrow.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
I ordered one on November 8 and haven't heard anything yet. When I placed my order, there was no indication of it being sold out or of any delay in shipping. Checking for a tracking number with my order number doesn't give me any information. So far, not the best experience with them but still hoping I actually get the case within the new week or so.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Yeap... and i made my order on 13th... sold out unfortunately. Lets see if i ll be lucky with tomorrows new stock.

cool well i ordered mine on the 4th and still no update/case yet. I have sent a message through on their contact us page so hopefully they will respond soon.

I ordered one on November 8 and haven't heard anything yet. When I placed my order, there was no indication of it being sold out or of any delay in shipping. Checking for a tracking number with my order number doesn't give me any information. So far, not the best experience with them but still hoping I actually get the case within the new week or so.

yea same, ordered mine on the 4th - been over 2 weeks with no update!

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009

I ordered mine on Nov 2 and it's currently sitting in the post office. The postman couldn't for some reason leave it at my door so now I have to go pick it up.

I am a little curious to see how the clear looks as Caze has updated their site to include the clear version but they didn't update their pics to show the actual case.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
I ordered mine on Nov 2 and it's currently sitting in the post office. The postman couldn't for some reason leave it at my door so now I have to go pick it up.

I am a little curious to see how the clear looks as Caze has updated their site to include the clear version but they didn't update their pics to show the actual case.

lucky git!

cant wait to get mine. hopefully mine was shipped out not long after yours as it was ordered not long after!

wandergirl

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2012
In case people are looking for real life photos of the Caze ThinEdge (like I was), danish1543 has posted some in another thread (bottom of page and next page):

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1466869/

I had hoped that there would be more face down protection but otherwise it looks good. I'm anxious to see the silver on a white iPhone.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
In case people are looking for real life photos of the Caze ThinEdge (like I was), danish1543 has posted some in another thread (bottom of page and next page):

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1466869/

I had hoped that there would be more face down protection but otherwise it looks good. I'm anxious to see the silver on a white iPhone.

From that one pic, I looks like there is just enough of a lip to ensure that the screen does not come into contact with the surface you lay the phone on.

wandergirl

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2012
From that one pic, I looks like there is just enough of a lip to ensure that the screen does not come into contact with the surface you lay the phone on.

There appears to be more of a lip on the back (as shown in that first picture) than the front (as can be seen in the photos on the next page of the thread I linked). The poster also reported that the front lip was almost flush and that s/he wouldn't be putting it face down. It seems a bit strange that they'd design the case that way or maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the issue.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Well finally got mine. First of all, they shipped the black one, and I ordered Silver. Second, the side buttons are extremely difficult to push. Third and most important, is that the case will not work with the 30 pin dock connector cable. I knew the 30 pin converter wouldn't work but I was hoping to use the dock connector cable to hook in to my iHome dock and in the car.

Pretty much a waste of money for me. My quest continues.

wandergirl

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2012
Well finally got mine. First of all, they shipped the black one, and I ordered Silver. Second, the side buttons are extremely difficult to push. Third and most important, is that the case will not work with the 30 pin dock connector cable. I knew the 30 pin converter wouldn't work but I was hoping to use the dock connector cable to hook in to my iHome dock and in the car.

That is really lousy. Thank you for the information though. My quest continues too.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Here's pics.

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

Koebot

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
Hmmm. I don't think the buttons would be an issue for me. I may still order one but I would not be happy if they sent the wrong color.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010

Hmm that's annoying sorry to hear. I also ordered the silver so hopefully they won't send me the wrong one too!

Just a quick question to those that have received, did your 'processing' status change to shipped on your account? Mine still says processing and I have no idea whether they have sent the case or not yet.

Last edited:

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
Received my black ThinEdge today.

Pros: thin (noticeably thinner than the monoprice/photive/poetic bumpers); great soft feel; no problem accessing/pressing any of the buttons and minimal front lip (people wanting more lay on the table protection on the front will find that to be a negative - but I do not like the look or feel of a big front lip).

Cons: was supposed to come with two clips but mine only came with red clip (I planned on using the black/slate clip); fitment is not perfect - the sides bow out very slightly. I'm hoping that the fitment issue will resolve itself over time (my ThinEdge iP4 didn't bow at all and fit perfectly), because sub-par fitment is a deal breaker for me. I'll try the usual hairdryer/rubber band thing as well to see if that helps.

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
Received my black ThinEdge today.

Pros: thin (noticeably thinner than the monoprice/photive/poetic bumpers); great soft feel; no problem accessing/pressing any of the buttons and minimal front lip (people wanting more lay on the table protection on the front will find that to be a negative - but I do not like the look or feel of a big front lip).

Cons: was supposed to come with two clips but mine only came with red clip (I planned on using the black/slate clip); fitment is not perfect - the sides bow out very slightly. I'm hoping that the fitment issue will resolve itself over time (my ThinEdge iP4 didn't bow at all and fit perfectly), because sub-par fitment is a deal breaker for me. I'll try the usual hairdryer/rubber band thing as well to see if that helps.

Please post a pic to show the lip (lay on table). im interested in this case because the Caze for the 4/4S had a nice lip and a nice soft touch grip. If they've reduced the lip, thats a definite negative

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Please post a pic to show the lip (lay on table). im interested in this case because the Caze for the 4/4S had a nice lip and a nice soft touch grip. If they've reduced the lip, thats a definite negative

You can see pretty much no lip in my last pic.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Well they got back to my email and said that 'due to overwhelming demand it was sold out in 3 days'

They are however sending me another case for compensation...apparently. Not sure if it is another thinedge or something else but good customer service nonetheless.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Well they got back to my email and said that 'due to overwhelming demand it was sold out in 3 days'

They are however sending me another case for compensation...apparently. Not sure if it is another thinedge or something else but good customer service nonetheless.

I emailed them and got the same response:

"Thanks for your order.

Due to overwhelming demand of the Thinedge, it was sold out in 3 days.

We will send out today with an extra case as compensation."

Still don't understand how I could order one when it was 'sold out'. All models except for the black said out of stock, but the black was in stock.

*shrug* hopefully it gets here sooner rather than later.

anvikapur

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
I've always been a bumper fan...I've tried so so many cases and I always go back to the Apple bumper. Needed a change though, as the bumper has been through war.

Found these really sweet bumpers from Caze. Surprised nobody has reviewed this case. This bumper is slimmer than the Apple bumper, feels great in the hand, perfect slim amount of lay on the table design, and will work for the 4 and 4S.

Cutouts are great as all my headphones work great...hated that SGP hybrid and Apple bumper were so small.

Got 2 for $30 which is the same as buying one OEM Apple bumper

I'll add more later, but wanted to share pics with everyone

Enjoy

thanks for sharing the pics

didiee

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Neighborhood
Pic please

For those of you who have received the case, can someone please take a picture of the view form the back? There is a very weird cut in the back I just want to make sure this is a design thing for a flaw.... i believe it is the second..... :eek:

There is no lip to speak of from my quick observation. Maybe just need to put on the screen protector. i really like mine for 4s. I dropped the phone 5 time with the case without any problems for the 4s. This one I may not be so sure about....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.