Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carbonmotion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
San Francisco, CA
yeah women are pretty crazy and illogical and i've learned to simplify things by lying.

like sarah my ex? when we broke up she hated claire (current gf) (we all know each other from college) because she was convinced that claire stole me away from her. but had i told her the truth, she would still hate claire.

it wasn't the case. + i'm not a fan of sneaking around and cheating. but on the other hand, my relationship with sarah had long run its course and both of us had been just going through the motions for monthes. it was painful.

claire came along and we both felt something pretty strong. so i left sarah to see if there was something with claire. can i tell a sarah that was the reason i left her? NO! experience has taught me that when you tell girls truths like that, they go crazy and will accuse you of being a wondering eye and immoral... and they end up hating you.

so instead i told her i needed a break from the relationship due to work and that i'm probably not coming back. then i later told her i meet claire after we broke up. oops, i guess it was just good timing. problem solved.

ari gold: "when it comes to women, lie till you die"

Poseidon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2007
Coralville, IA
i just told her what's up. she wasn't happy about it, but she wasn't unhappy about it. my girlfriend's coming over and we're all going to pack her thing in to packing boxes filled with peanuts. After that we're going to put all the boxes in to the back of my truck. my girlfriend agreed to take her in for the rest of the week before she leaves.

The only thing I have in mind is finally getting the time and space being able to buy my xbox 360 and enjoy halo 3.

I just have to chime in here: you either have the greatest girlfriend ever, or she's just bidding her time until she goes Crazy-Woman on you and decides to punish you forever.

For your sake, I hope it's the first one.

By the way, I have to mention that you deserve a lot of kudos for your handling of this situation. I'll be the first to admit that my initial reaction in reading this thread was like most other folks: kick her free-loading ass to the curb. While I certainly respect the people need a helping hand from time to time, I've been taken advantage of enough that I find it very hard to envision doing what you did....

[P.S. If you ever get Halo 3, look me up on there. XGC Ice Ignited - I play with a good bunch of folks but always looking for more.]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.