Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhoneFour

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
cool

Some are speculating that it might be shipping early to prevent a(nother) logjam of activations with ATT like last year.

Or perhaps they're making nice with last week's reserve mess with a pleasant surprise.

(or perhaps the shippers informed them that the hold instructions weren't all honored and they got the go-ahead anyway. I had a (duplicate) iPad that was "supposed" to be held and returned on cancelation recently, and it arrived anyway (early in fact).

Either way - cool on you, and thx for the pix!

samven582

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009
Wow!

FedEx just dropped off my iPhone 4 just a few moments ago...

Activation was snappy and smooth.

Impressively cool!

FYI;

As of last night before bed, my delivery date was still the 24th, even after I received the email from Apple about a possibly delivery on the 23rd.

Some additional videos on my site and I am uploading a video to youtube as I type.

http://www.loyalmoses.com/2010/06/my-iphone-4-arrived-2-days-early/

* Updated to add more images

142935-DSC05821_500.jpg

142936-DSC05840_500.jpg

* Added quite a bit more pics at my blog, link above.

dead pixels? yellow screen? light leaks?

linc90

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2010
ordered 11am est. showing 1 ordered in progress no backorder, and an order date of 6/16. i called ATT earlier and the CSR said , "the latest its going to arrive is 6/28."

new customers dont get *****

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I have to admit I'm very jealous of the OP. I love my EVO but I felt really at home with the iPhone, and 32GB would have been very nice to have. Buyer's remorse? Absolutely not, but every time I see an iPhone 4 I think to myself "what if?". :cool:

Can't wait to get my hands on one at the Apple store.

spadcw8889

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2010
ordered 11am est. showing 1 ordered in progress no backorder, and an order date of 6/16. i called ATT earlier and the CSR said , "the latest its going to arrive is 6/28."

new customers dont get *****

im a new customer....

FireFish

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
You lucky SOB.
I can tell by your tone that you couldn't care that it was a day early.

If you would see me, you'd think I was a crack head waiting his fix hoping it comes in 12 hours from now.

Seriously, congrats. :p

You posted some gorgeous Retina Display pictures that really excite me to get my hands on mine.

My phone I'm praying will come Wednesday (the earlier, the better, so I can get on with my day.)

Here's the latest from Fedex on my package (attached). :apple:

P.S. - I wonder why your Fedex tracking said 1.1 lbs & mine says 1.2 lbs. They shipped from the same place, probably at the same time. Weird, isn't it?
Also, what caused these early deliveries? Does anyone know?

Attachments

• Hurry Up Fedex.png
    Hurry Up Fedex.png
    178 KB · Views: 165

FireFish

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Shipping

The key is that if you received an email from Apple, you'll know it says that even the shipping carrier may display a delivery estimate of 6/24 & in all reality, it is most probably the 23rd.

I'm really banking on this. :apple:

brishe

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
my phone is heading to southwest florida too. but still says its in memphis. The flight going to fort meyers (mines going to naples) already left at 5am this morning. So i am guessing that it wont reach florida until tomorrow morning. too bad im going to be flying all day tomorrow from california so even if it does arrive on my doorstep tomorrow, I wont be able to get it til thursday anyway

Mine just departed Anchorage 2:53 pm AK time, so I'm beginning to have doubts about delivery tomorrow. Unless that plane is flying direct to RSW from Alaska, I don't see it happening... And I'm pretty sure it will have to stop in Memphis before coming here. Sighhhhhh...

fuzion

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2010
P.S. - I wonder why your Fedex tracking said 1.1 lbs & mine says 1.2 lbs. They shipped from the same place, probably at the same time. Weird, isn't it?
Also, what caused these early deliveries? Does anyone know?

.... if I may be a smart ass:

He probably has .1 lbs more air in his box, and the early deliveries were a direct result of the phones being delivered early...

;)

skeebers

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
And have me pay for this MicroCell? No thank you. I'm not paying for their toy just because they can't deal with their network. Plus, I am only going to be stuck with AT&T for a few months, then I move to Canada where I hear they have decent coverage. And by the time I'm ready to move, Incase should have a battery case for the iphone 4, if I need it. The 3GS battery case was going to be a short term fix until something better was available.

Honestly, I just wanted to know if it fit. That's all, I didn't need the snide comments from the elite iphone crew.

its only snide because the information was already posted anywhere you wanted to look. I mean really. you can get the specs on the iphone 4 anywhere.. match them up with the specs on your current phone. Honestly..it was only snide because you didnt look up the information yourself.

also.. att knows if there is crappy reception.. they will send a tester to your house and if your signal is crap YOU DONT PAY FOR THE CELL.. so enjoy canada.

Zipties

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2010
My phone is on flight fx86 out of anchorage going to Oakland and should be landing in about 30 minutes. -- from there im guessing LAX as I am in the 818!!! anyone else in the 818 waiting for a phone right now?

I'm not in 818, but it should be this flight KOAK > KONT:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX1860

However, mine came into OAK last night at this time and hadn't left the Oakland FedEx facility until this afternoon, so yours might be on tomorrow night's 1860 flight. But here's to hoping that both of ours will be on the same flight. :D

FireFish

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
My phone is on flight fx86 out of anchorage going to Oakland and should be landing in about 30 minutes. -- from there im guessing LAX as I am in the 818!!! anyone else in the 818 waiting for a phone right now?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX86

This is amazing. I wouldn't remember when my parents would come to town, but for the iPhone 4, we're tracking it's every move all the way from the shop in Hong Kong.

skeebers

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
This is amazing. I wouldn't remember when my parents would come to town, but for the iPhone 4, we're tracking it's every move all the way from the shop in Hong Kong.

bad analogy for me. why would I care when my parents are coming to town? Ive been on leave from work since we recently had a baby.. been about 6 weeks.. I work in a very techy environment. only people on this forum and at work can understand why we TRACK stuff.. we do it...because we can...

Be adding mom to mobile me so I can FIND HER IPHONE so I know when she is coming to town.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.