My iPhone mess with apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickmccally, May 2, 2011.

1. nickmccally, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011

nickmccally macrumors member

I called when I originally got my Verizon iPhone because there was a clicking when wifi was on.. I was in the first batch of orders so I actually got my phone before you could even order them online.. (I did a presale thing).

They told me to take it to the Apple Store and get a replacement, this was not normal. So I get a replacement. WOW the display was horrible. I didnt notice until I was on my way home (1hr drive there, 1hr drive back).

I take it back the next day, the confirm and replace the phone again. At this point I was upset but whatever. Later that night I go to turn the phone on silent before I went to bed. Something inside the phone was hitting the glass. I take it back to the Apple store.

A tech opens the phone, broke the vibrator so they replaced it with a new phone.

I complain to Apple CS so they said for my troubles they were sending me a phone that was BRAND NEW in retail packaging. I accepted. This phone had that TERRIBLE yellow screen with horizontal lines going through it.. It was awful. I called and told them, they sent me another.

This one is.... perfect. (Let me mention the last phone I sent back they never told me DO NOT PUT IT IN A DROP BOX.. so that was a mess with fedex because they left it in a drop box for 2 weeks because it was a ground package).

Last week I go to the Apple store because 3G isn't working anymore around my city where it always had. Instead of testing they just replaced my phone. Guess what? This vibrator actually hit the glass and made a whining noise.

The whole point of vibrate is to be quiet, so I took it back. I literally couldn't use my phone in vibrate in class... Not to mention the home button was jammed in this one and would work but it didn't "click".

I called apple and they send me a new device... so I decide I am never getting a replacement phone again and am done with this! ...... WELL this phone has got the WORST display I have ever seen on an iPhone.

Its basically piss yellow with horizontal scan lines. The irony is the fact not a single one out of 30 in the apple store has this issue, not a single one at the verizon store, not a single one at ATT, and not a single one of 2 Bestbuy stores..

I JUST WANT AN iPHONE AS ADVERTISED..

When I had the iPhone 3G I never had these problems.. My MacBook Pro overheated once and the clutch cover had to be replaced.. nothing wrong ever with my MacBook Air, or iPad.. Nothing wrong with my AppleTV.

Apple needs to get a grip on quality control, and whichever LCD manufacturer is making these piss yellow screens with scan lines -- HOW are they even passing quality control? When you plug it into the charger the lines go away.. So it sounds like a power issue of some sort.

I don't even know what to do anymore. I just want my trusty Droid or iPhone 3G back :(

EDIT: Picture

[​IMG]

2. aicul macrumors 6502a

Often replacements are refurbished phones. Hence you probably got quite a few refurbished that were not refurbished that well.

Sad story, maybe look for some technique to get rid of that bad spell yu are living

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

After all of the problems you've had I really think you should call Apple and ask for a refund, then you can get a Droid.

4. nickmccally thread starter macrumors member

I want an iPhone... that works :( without a piss yellow screen. For some reason that seems to be a 50/50 chance.

5. JasonHD macrumors regular

I am OCD too.

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I've received multiple replacement iphone 4s and never gotten one with yellow screen.

7. wpotere Guest

Since when is vibrate silent? It will make noise as will anything that vibrates.

You are being way too picky...

8. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

That is a pretty bad run of luck, would really irritate me. I just did a swap for the earpiece speaker not working at all and my replacement was perfect.

9. nickmccally thread starter macrumors member

You are kidding right? The vibrator is supposed to hit the glass on the back of the phone and make a louder noise than the ringer? Uhm, nope.

10. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

when they said they would send you a brand new phone, how could you tell it was new?

11. wpotere Guest

The vibrate on the iPhone 4 is louder than most but looking at your post, I would say that you are simply looking for faults. My wife's sounds like it is hitting the glass but sounds no different than the 15 others that I have seen.

At this point I don't think you would be happy with any device.

12. nickmccally thread starter macrumors member

I own an ebay store, I have 5 iPhone 4's right now.

One is mine, 2 verizon, 2 ATT.

NONE of them made the vibrate problem but the one that went back to Apple.

The difference between the screen I have and ANY on display is the different between night and day.

If I was just looking for faults, why does EVERY other consumer electronic I have seem to work just fine without error. To me, I think they have a problem keeping quality over quantity.

13. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Do you have Applecare? The one where you paid 70$?

14. alectheking macrumors 6502a

Get a white one, the quality control seems to be focused on them. Don't really care about this 0.2 mm thickness bs. My zagg and bumper still fit the same

15. ctbear macrumors 6502a

You want an iPhone that works. But the fact is iPhone just won't work for you for whatever reason. So why stick with iPhone? Because it's Apple?
    I would have got another phone after the 2nd replacement.

16. patp Guest

wait a sec. You say Apple made a mistake? I really have a hard time believing that!

17. wpotere Guest

Happy for you but really don't care.

Then I guess you have crap luck. My wife got a refurb and it has been perfect.

18. nickmccally thread starter macrumors member

I want iOS and the look of an iPhone.

19. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

no it is not, but how is that possible, considering there is no part of the inside of the phone that is ever exposed to glass...the vibrator is buried within other components, and the back has a layer of plastic over it seperating the glass from the innards

20. nickmccally thread starter macrumors member

I haven't opened an iPhone 4 but the genius said "oh I can fix this" and later came back saying he broke the vibrator and was giving a replacement phone. So it may be something they deal with often, and maybe it was a loose screw hitting the glass.

21. ADMProducer macrumors regular

I always read comments about how an owner has needed to replace their iPhone 4 over 3-4 times and every time this happens I believe they're just extremely picky, or have created a false perception of perfection for themselves to battle and cope with.

And you sir, I believe are the same.

As any sane person would, after the third attempt, get a refund and let it go. You're not cut out to be an iPhone owner, get a Droid and enjoy fragmentation.

22. nickmccally thread starter macrumors member

Your right, Apple is perfect and does nothing wrong. They are the best company and would never have flaws. Especially with millions of phones they make.

Well, I guess I should say Foxconn right, because they are known for the best assembly.

23. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

That's terrible. Always makes me feel lucky that the phone Apple sent me, a day early, last June.. Has never had a single problem or issue.

24. nickmccally thread starter macrumors member

For comparison this is next to an iPod most recent gen.. Not at home so I can't compare to another iPhone

[​IMG]

25. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Disgusting. Hey answer my PM.