Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cnotes2019

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 17, 2013
No! I'm not saying mine were but this is for anyone who runs into this problem as we all know it is bound to happen especially with a new iphone release. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone though!!!

Jizzles

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
I've been stuck on the att thread but saw this and laughed...I know it's not something to laugh about but the thread title just made me laugh :p

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
No! I'm not saying mine were but this is for anyone who runs into this problem as we all know it is bound to happen especially with a new iphone release. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone though!!!

So you started a thread about something that hasn't happened to you why?

cnotes2019

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 17, 2013
So you started a thread about something that hasn't happened to you why?

Because it's bound to happen to someone especially with such a large quantity of iphone shipments happening . Don't want it to but it's a fact of life there are scum amongst us.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Because it's bound to happen to someone especially with such a large quantity of iphone shipments happening . Don't want it to but it's a fact of life there are scum amongst us.

So you started a thread for those poor souls. How thoughtful of you.

Talxn

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
My iPhone 4 was stolen which was days before I was moving and about to go on a road trip from NY to FL. They delivered me a box that wasn't sealed. By the time I noticed and opened the box, it was too late. I had to call up both Apple and FedEx (or was it UPS?) to wait for them to look into the claim and then ship me a new phone to my new address.

Lesson learned. Inspect the box before the driver pulls away.

walbridge20

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Newark!?

Edit:my phone made it to Newark and has been there since the 15th. its as good as gone

Edit 2: FedEx just updated to say it left Newark tonight after 9:00-thank god-should actually be here on time.

Ordered 64 GB 6 in my Verizon store at 10:30 EST 9/12

Last edited:

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
This is the "official" thread!

And yet, each and every person who is going to come and post about this happening to them will make their own thread anyways. They won't post in this one so that OP can claim to be 'the one' who started THAT epic thread. No, this will just be a turd floating in the pool because OP is not that cool. ;)

cnotes2019

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 17, 2013
And yet, each and every person who is going to come and post about this happening to them will make their own thread anyways. They won't post in this one so that OP can claim to be 'the one' who started THAT epic thread. No, this will just be a turd floating in the pool because OP is not that cool. ;)

I'm cooler than you

----------

Thanks for starting this thread. Paranoid much?

Like it doesn't happen. Smh.

butterfly92

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
I don't see why people are so angry at the OP for starting this thread. Anyone can start a thread on here - it's free and everyone is allowed to share their thoughts. I do hope this doesn't happen to anyone though...Hoping everyone's package arrives safe tomorrow for those who are getting it! :)

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
I don't see why people are so angry at the OP for starting this thread. Anyone can start a thread on here - it's free and everyone is allowed to share their thoughts. I do hope this doesn't happen to anyone though...Hoping everyone's package arrives safe tomorrow for those who are getting it! :)

No one's angry. We're just giving him ***** for starting a pointless thread.

Delonté

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
My phone has been supposedly been sitting in Lexington, KY, for over 24 hours now. I called UPS as it was originally scheduled to be delivered to Mississippi today. Apparently, if there's no movement today, I have to call Apple because UPS lost the package. Apple is going to create a new order..looks like I may get it for Christmas. If I have to wait, I'm just going to get a slate 5 and wait for the 6s Plus.

Allan2282

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Mine was stolen

Yep, I got my fedex package today at 2:30 and it felt incredibly light... I opened it up and all it was, was a receipt for $450 for my space grey iPhone 6 128gb. Turned the box over and you could see where someone had opened it, taken out my new iphone, and taped it back up. Of course there is nothing Verizon will do other then submit a claim and now i'm on the backorder list for a new new iphone since they are now backordered. Good thing I woke up at 3:00 a.m. on the 12th to order it. Just so someone could steal it. Cant' get anywhere with the shipping company...Fedex for that matter is being a piece of **** about it too.

amanichatman

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Well. I must be the lucky one. UPS said my iPhone 6 Plus was delivered at 4:46pm today and I checked at 5:10pm and it was gone! I'm so pissed. I called UPS and initiated an investigation. I'm on hold with Sprint now trying to see what can be done.

laadam

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
Lost... TWICE!

UPS lost mine Thursday, found it Friday on the opposite coast...
Upgraded and promised Saturday delivery...
Lost it again on the way and still looking for it!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

freyrs

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Mine was stolen also during the UPS delivery...

What happened is actually quite unbelievable. As I was waiting for my phone to be delivered on 09/19 I received a call from a Mattress King store nearby letting me know that a package sent to me by Apple was found open inside another open package containing office supplies they just received! I went there immediately and I recovered the package. Sure enough the only things left was the original box and the headphones. Everything else was gone. Please note also that my delivery address is a business address and therefore delivery can never fail if attempted during normal business hours.

I called UPS right away to verify with them the situation of my package and they assured me there was no problem and that the package was on it's way to me! No explanations I provided them could change their statement. For them there was no theft and the package was in process of being delivered to me that same day (09/19/2014)...

Which of course never happened. The "out for delivery" status changed the next day into "destination scan" and the delivery was automatically reported for the next Monday (next business day). I called Apple to explain the situation but they told me that as long as UPS marked the package as being "in transit" I would need to give it one more try and wait till Monday to see if my package was going to be delivered.

Which I did because I had no other choice and obviously no delivery was attempted on Monday either (this being a business address we receive one delivery every business day during the morning). I therefore called UPS again Monday afternoon and they acknowledged to me by phone that the situation of the shipment was unclear and advised me to call Apple support again and ask them to request an investigation. Apple support has finally accepted to launch an investigation into the shipment and also depending on its results to issue a refund.

I'm waiting for that to happen. They assured me that I will have news about the results of their investigation in 24h, which means today. Needless to say this morning the delivery date for my package on UPS website has been reported again for today... as if they wouldn't know by now that they can't find my package in their network anymore! Hopefully this story will help others in similar situations in the future.

PS. Please note that the stolen phone was paid full price (T-Mobile out of contract), which means it's unlocked and can be activated by anyone who wants to do so (I verified that with Apple). Its serial number is still associated with my Apple support profile and doesn't seem to have been activated at this point, but Apple representative told me that because the phone is unlocked they have no way of blocking it or making sure that it can't be activated by anyone else other than me, despite the fact that its serial number is associated with my Apple ID. That would have been different if the phone would have been sold under contract apparently...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.