My Mac Pro & 30" ACD Have Arrived (With Pictures)

Glenn Wolsey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
New Zealand
Just received my new Mac Pro and 30" Apple Cinema Display today. Currently in the process of manually moving files from my old iMac.

Just a quick thanks to everyone at MacRumors who have put up with all my questions over the past..I have no idea how long. I can't wait to put this setup to the test. Without further delay, here are the specs and pictures.

Mac Pro 2 x 2.66Ghz.
3GB RAM.
250GB 7200RPM HDD.
500GB 7200RPM HDD.
30" Apple Cinema Display.

View full Flickr photoset of images here.

ironic23

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Very nice setup, congratulations!

Did the MP and the accessories cost a ton in NZ? Or are the prices comparable to the ones in the US?

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
hmmmm. The 30" is looking splendid. VERY. It looks nice on a basic desk also. Sigh. An iMac can't compare to a setup like this one. Nice.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
Singapore
man thats really really nice.

i wonder how long that desk will stay that clean!?!?!?!?

cold down ur way??? on the goldcoast here in aus it is, ud be FREEZING

uNext

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2006
Ok first of all congrats on your mac setup.
I love my macpro i wish i would have went with the 30" instead of the
23" but ill update whenever apple decides is time for a lcd upgrade.

2nd love your lamps and the hwole setup is so damn attractive.
Do you know where i can get those lamps online?

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
Singapore
Hah - What do you call cold in Aus?

Try a rainy 16º summer in England
At least you have a proper summer to look fwd to ;)

Oh and that computer looks lovely.:)
ouch... our winter doesnt get below that, in the day time at least. night time ur looking at maybe 5°C :) i love the heat. hate the cold. heat is amazing

Zel

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
Beautiful setup!!

What do you think of that keyboard? I saw the diNovo at the store (while picking up an MX Revolution) and just thought it looked like a plain keyboard for a ridiculously high cost.

Does it have some features I missed?

Lycanthrope

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Brussels, Belgium, Europe
Speakers, where are the speakers? Or, perhaps are they cunningly dual-purpose lamps?

Congrats on joining the club Glenn, I've seen your posts the last six months and wondered when you'd jump in.

16 degrees, that's hot - was 12 degrees here in the middle of Belgian summer yesterday...

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2006
I have a lamp like that. It's just a thick, textured paper material over a wireframe, I think we got it at Ikea?

Glenn Wolsey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
New Zealand
Very nice setup, congratulations!

Did the MP and the accessories cost a ton in NZ? Or are the prices comparable to the ones in the US?
All in all it cost around $5000 USD in total - a lot more than it would have cost if I lived in the States.

man thats really really nice.

i wonder how long that desk will stay that clean!?!?!?!?

cold down ur way??? on the goldcoast here in aus it is, ud be FREEZING
Very cold at the moment, this Mac Pro is keeping my feet warm though ;-)

great set up!! which keyboard/mouse do you have there?
The Logitech MX Revolution and the Logitech diNovo Edge.

Speakers, where are the speakers? Or, perhaps are they cunningly dual-purpose lamps?

Congrats on joining the club Glenn, I've seen your posts the last six months and wondered when you'd jump in..
Speakers are still on the list to purchase, I'm after the Altec Lansing FX6021 series.

To everyone else regarding the lamps, I bought these lamps at a place called "Lighting Plus" in New Zealand.

I'm not too sure if they are available overseas, best bet would be to try this designer furniture store. http://dwr.com/ - if you want these exact lamps, I'm currently waiting to hear back from the shop as to where you can get them in the States/UK. Keep an eye on my blog for updated details on that in a few weeks.

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2006
also, PLEASE post a pic of actual usage on that desk... if you are really that tidy, I am sooo jealous.

My desk is mess at best, a disaster at worst. If there's not at least 1 week old fountain drink cup with diet-pepsi leaking out the bottom, then I must have just cleaned up.

Glenn Wolsey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
New Zealand
also, PLEASE post a pic of actual usage on that desk... if you are really that tidy, I am sooo jealous.

My desk is mess at best, a disaster at worst. If there's not at least 1 week old fountain drink cup with diet-pepsi leaking out the bottom, then I must have just cleaned up.
This is actual use, other than the original photo, I have two other items on my desk. My Canon 350D, and My Canon TX1. I love working in a clean working space.