Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cloakone

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2007
why dont i just post picures of whats im going through so u guys show me step by step

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
why dont i just post picures of whats im going through so u guys show me step by step

If you want to be absolutely sure, feel free.

It should look like this, a part from the custom icon I have for my home folder. See how they all match.

If yours all match then log out and log back in again.

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 39

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
You need to listen to what mad jew is telling you... do exactly as he says, and you will be fine... but you also have to answer his questions accurately too

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I think the problem here is that there are a few different techniques for getting out of this sticky situation. Both are just as good as each other, but you need to stick with one of them as combining them will get you into a mess (albeit a recoverable mess). Add to that the fact we're all triping over ourselves to help you and we've kinda left you in a small state of confusion. Sorry.

The key is to have everything named the same. I'm going by Apple's technique which will leave you where you started with Cloakone but swiftaw's technique will leave you with Mudassar. Follow one of our techniques, but not both.

However, by the sounds of things everything is now called Cloakone (or cloakone) so when you next log in you should have everything as it was before this mess. :)

cloakone

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2007
as previously thought you are good to go, log out and log back in again.

so according to the pics everything is fine, Name: Mudassar
Short Name: cloakone

home icon = cloakone
home icon on side bar= cloakone

good?

cloakone

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2007
The desktop may look the same because of slight errors when you originally changed the names, but are there any documents in your documents folder for example.

yeah my documents are here, the only reason there here is before i made this thread, i went in to user/ copied my documents into this one im some what lost, there weird part is where is my pictures??

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
um, maybe the C in cloakone is upper case
Go back to your Account Settings in System Preferences. Do they still look exactly the same (as in your screenshot above)?

EDIT: To clarify, assuming your account didn't somehow change, then no, the "c" needs to be lowercase.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
yeah my documents are here, the only reason there here is before i made this thread, i went in to user/ copied my documents into this one im some what lost, there weird part is where is my pictures??

Copied them from where to where exactly.

cloakone

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2007
Copied them from where to where exactly.

from cloakone

the weird part is i did a spotlight for Pictures and two picture folders came up, one that looked like the side bar picture and on that looked like a normal folder, i clicked on the sidebar looking on empty, i looked at the plain folder named pictures it has my pictures, how do we solve that equation?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.