Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aiko1412

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2016
So It took me a while to finally move from IOS 6 to IOS 9 on my Iphone4S and when I finally did my Messages App isn't working properly.

*All my old text messages are gone.

*If I get a text message I don't even get a notification (yes I made sure in the options that it's not excluded from the notification center ).

*When I tested it out with a friend (without getting a notification) his message still appeared normally when I open it but as soon as I go back to see all the messages or click the home button and get back to the app I can only see the name of the contact and when I open it the text isn't there anymore.

*If I quite the app again the whole message disappear and the the whole page is blank.

*When I try to send a message the sending bar doesn't fully go to the end but my message does get sent but also desappear a few minutes later.

I tried to go back to my Save when I was switching to IOS 9 but nothing changed. I tried to switch it off and on again using the forced shutdown and it didn't work either. I also switched off and on iMessages, kept it on off aaaand nothing happened.

I would really appreciate some help please ! I tried to contact Apple support but it doesn't even exsist in my country ......

14159229_1780372152180955_1840548726_n.jpg

14269464_1780372115514292_544236684_n.jpg

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sounds like you might want to try restarting, or resetting all settings, or reinstalling again if none of those work.

Aiko1412

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2016
Sounds like you might want to try restarting, or resetting all settings, or reinstalling again if none of those work.
That would erase everything wouldn't it ?
I wanted to do it but I was scared to make the situation worse....

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That would erase everything wouldn't it ?
I wanted to do it but I was scared to make the situation worse....
Restarting or resetting won't delete any content. Reinstalling would, but you have a backup I would assume that you can try to restore from, or at least can make one. That said, the messages are already gone it seems, so it depends on what else you are trying to keep (that hasn't been copied over somewhere or backed up somewhere).

Aiko1412

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2016
Restarting or resetting won't delete any content. Reinstalling would, but you have a backup I would assume that you can try to restore from, or at least can make one. That said, the messages are already gone it seems, so it depends on what else you are trying to keep (that hasn't been copied over somewhere or backed up somewhere).

Thank you for your suggesyion but I tried both reseting from the phone and itunes (with deleting all data and then restoring it from the backup ) but my problem still isn't solved :/ the status bar keep saying 'sending' for over an hour now and the message still disappeared when I quite the app ....

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thank you for your suggesyion but I tried both reseting from the phone and itunes (with deleting all data and then restoring it from the backup ) but my problem still isn't solved :/ the status bar keep saying 'sending' for over an hour now and the message still disappeared when I quite the app ....
Have you tried without the backup to see if that makes a difference (if there might be something messed up in some way in the backup that might be affecting things)?

Reactions: Aiko1412

Aiko1412

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2016
Have you tried without the backup to see if that makes a difference (if there might be something messed up in some way in the backup that might be affecting things)?
I hesitated a lot before I could do that but it indeed fixed everything :DD A big thanks to you I really appreciate it !!

Reactions: C DM
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.