My new macbook pro is prepared for shipment!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by btnnaz, Oct 14, 2008.

1. btnnaz macrumors regular

2. busterbluth macrumors 6502

I ordered mine at 430 eastern time and it is still listed as item not yet shipped. What time did you order yours?

3. noisebleed macrumors regular

4. btnnaz thread starter macrumors regular

I ordered the 2500 one with a student discount and 15 overnight shipping....I need it by the weekend.

Ordered 1 hour after keynote

5. Vivid.Inferno macrumors 6502

Vivid.Inferno

6. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Nice! That's super fast. I'm going to check in store tomorrow, but if none available, i'll order online, hoping to get it by the weekend as well.

7. btnnaz thread starter macrumors regular

I'm hoping it will be here by thursday (chose overnight)_

8. Minder Thr33 macrumors newbie

Is it actually listed as "Prepared for shipment" as soon as you order? I ordered less than an hour ago and just checked it and it says "Prepared for shipment". That's either super impressive or that's the standard once you place the order

9. bluecluee macrumors member

Anyone make custom changes to the Macbook Pro and have a shipping estimate?

10. btnnaz thread starter macrumors regular

mine said not yet shipped for 2 hours then switched

11. CoolMacDude macrumors regular

I ordered at 2:45 and received my confirmation at 3:08 central and mine is listed as not yet shipped.

I ordered the 2.8Ghz model with the 320gb 7200 rpm drive.

12. bluecluee macrumors member

That's what I ordered. What does your estimate say CoolMacDude?

13. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

dude...you will be lucky to have it by friday...just fyi.

14. Mr$Whale macrumors member

Ordered my stock 2.0 Macbook about 30 minutes after the keynote with expedited shipping, and I'm currently 'prepared to ship'.

15. CoolMacDude macrumors regular

3-5 business days shipping

Delivered between Oct. 20-24

I paid for the standard shipping. The last two MBP's I've ordered from Apple came overnight even though I only paid for the standard shipping. I figured I'd take my chances and cross my fingers and hope the same thing happened this time.

I won't be hugely disappointed either way but am kind of regretting not waiting until tomorrow to see if they had a 2.8 config in store. I could easily swap the HD later. I guess if its still not pending shipment by tomorrow evening I might check with the local Apple store.

16. bluecluee macrumors member

My same system config order is saying 1-2 weeks... What's that about?

17. Coldwater macrumors member

Oct 20-24th with the 2.8Ghz CPU and the 320GB 7200RPM drive.

18. PieMac macrumors 6502a

Same here...mine is the 2.8 ghz, 7200 rpm configuration and my order says delivered by October 20-24th.
    As a side note, this is my second order-put it in at 7:11 PM Eastern time. I cancelled my original order that I put in immediately after the announcement (as soon as the store came up) and it said the same delivery estimate, for what it's worth. The original order was the same except that the hard drive was the standard 5400. I decided that the 7200 was worth an extra $50.00 and had to cancel the original order and reorder to change it. My current order is still "not yet shipped".

19. CoolMacDude macrumors regular

I didn't get into the Mac Rumors until last year when I bought my Santa Rosa on launch day. I ordered a 2.33ghz version that was out before the Santa Rosa to replace a 2.16 unit I was having repeated hard drive failures on. I was in Comp USA and was talking to the Mac guy and he was like why would you buy one when the new ones are going to be out ASAP. So I go and do a search and find the rumors and immediately put the 2.33 on ebay unopened and barely cut even on the price I got.

Back on point now as I'm going on a rant.

My Santa Rosa was showing like 3-4 weeks to ship and I had the thing with standard shipping like 3 business days later.

So Apple's estimates are usually on the safe side to say the least in my experience. I also bought the original 2.16 17" immediately after launch just getting into the Mac scene and it shipped before the estimate too.

20. andybill macrumors newbie

same here. Called apple and they said it was coming from overseas and would not SHIP until the weekend.

21. futuremac macrumors member

I'd be surprised with any delays receiving your orders given not many pros will be upgrading to this revision.

22. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Just ordered my base 2.4 MBP!

Hoping it ships out tonight and I get it tomorrow. I did overnight delivery for $16.

23. nato7 macrumors newbie

My MacBook Pro is also showing "prepared to ship". OF course, I ordered a refurbished 15/2.5/250 last generation. I didn't like the new ones after waiting so I decided to get the last generation and hope I don't run into GPU problems.

Nate

24. CoolMacDude macrumors regular

Just an FYI. I called in and spoke to a CSR and asked about cancelling the order so I could just go get a standard off the shelf unit. Then I asked about releasing the funds on the credit card and he said 3-5 days or he could put in an expedited request that would take 24 hours but he couldn't guarantee my CC company would reverse in that time.

So fearing I would have to wait 3-5 days to go to the store and get a off the shelf unit hopefully with the 2.8 I decided to just let the order run its course.

I say I think I'll just wait rather than taking the chance. So the guy says I'll upgrade you to 2 day for free and I'm like WOW thanks. Then he says it doesn't change the date. So he then says I will give you free overnight.

Now instead of 20-24 I have 20-22 listed on my order confirmation page. Not sure if it will make a difference but it might be worth a call to Apple if you upgraded shipping.

I didn't haggle or complain. It was just offered out of the blue. I'm glad to see Apple customer care still gives a crap. I had my first bad applecare experience with my last MBP and CSR sent me a new Penryn to replace my Santa Rosa which I obviously sold in anticipation of the new model.

Just thought I would share.

25. OnEMoReTrY macrumors member

BOOM!! MY ORDER HAS SHIPPED, tracking number and all, just got the email, says delivers by oct 16 via fedex and I chose 2-3 day shipping :) I got the $1299 model with no customizations 30 minutes after the keynote.