Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Logos327

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2008
BOOM!! MY ORDER HAS SHIPPED, tracking number and all, just got the email, says delivers by oct 16 via fedex and I chose 2-3 day shipping :) I got the $1299 model with no customizations 30 minutes after the keynote.

I just checked my order and my MS Office S&H Ed. and realized that Apple uses Fedex...just another reason to love Apple :)

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
I will be calling/ going to the local Apple store tomorrow morning/early afternoon (never been so happy to be off on a wednesday before!) with hopes to pick up a MacBook Pro!

A friend of mine works for UPS and she said there was tons of APPLE BOX'S in their warehouse today so yeah stores should have them tomorrow.

i hope shes not lying, i didnt think apple used UPS

sydsamcan

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2008
I will be calling/ going to the local Apple store tomorrow morning/early afternoon

The Apple store in Sydney had a few pallets of the new MacBook Pro available for pickup this morning. They arrived late but I picked up one of the new MacBooks for my roommate. I posted some pictures of Apple staff installing the new MacBook and MacBook pro display in the Macbook forum.

Good thing about the international date line is when Steve says "available in-store tomorroy" he really means "in-store later today" for Australians.... (Plus the australian dollar is worth nothing right now so it offsets the crazy prices they pay down here).

pilotkev1

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
Houston, Texas
Mine just "shipped" at 11:30 Central, delivery to Texas. Base 15.4" MBP

Apple knows what they're doing. Looks like they shipped them all to Memphis (FedEx air hub) ahead of time, so now it's just (typically) a plane ride, and short drive to their new home.

So we get both the 9400 and the 9600 with no preconfiguration required right?

Minder Thr33

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2008
Mine just "shipped" at 11:30 Central, delivery to Texas. Base 15.4" MBP

Apple knows what they're doing. Looks like they shipped them all to Memphis (FedEx air hub) ahead of time, so now it's just (typically) a plane ride, and short drive to their new home.

So we get both the 9400 and the 9600 with no preconfiguration required right?

Mine is being shipped from China....

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Mine didn't ship out last night so I cancelled this morning. I will go over to the apple store and purchase one at lunch time.

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
Has anybody with a custom configuration received notification of theirs shipping yet? I wonder if the BTO ones will ship from China.

andybill

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2008
Has anybody with a custom configuration receive notification of theirs shipping yet? I wonder if the BTO ones will ship from China.

No, and I do not think we will until Saturday, possibly Friday. Evidently some of the BTO's are coming from overseas (China) and will not "ship" (reach a mainland FedEx depo) until the weekend. My macbook better not have excessive Pb in the paint, damn made in China....

P.S. I learned that they were coming from overseas from an Apple rep via a phone call.

CoolMacDude

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
My last 3 Macbook Pros have all been BTO and have all came from China and regardless of what shipping I paid for I received them overnight.

DubbleDuecer

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2008
No, and I do not think we will until Saturday, possibly Friday. Evidently some of the BTO's are coming from overseas (China) and will not "ship" (reach a mainland FedEx depo) until the weekend. My macbook better not have excessive Pb in the paint, damn made in China....

P.S. I learned that they were coming from overseas from an Apple rep via a phone call.

Yeah so did I, I called because I ordered a shelf system and a DVI display cable and it came up as Custom Order. So now, ONLY because i ordered the display cable I have to wait until possibly next Friday to get my computer even though i did next day shipping.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
I ordered the 2.8ghz/7200rpm one last night and it's 'shipped' from China, so I have no idea when it'll be here.

Rilely

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2008
Washington, D.C.
I've had so many problems with bad Apple hardware; I am hoping that I get my BTO MBP without any flaws! That means no bad pixels this time around!

mjerald

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2007
Ordered the MBP 15 CTO, right after the keynote and still not even a prepared to ship.. bummer !!

mj

Alexh614

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2008
I ordered the 2500 one with a student discount and 15 overnight shipping....I need it by the weekend.

Ordered 1 hour after keynote

So did I, overnight and all, yet is says it won't be here until next week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.