Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dharushan411

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2018
London, England
Hi everyone,
This is my first thread on MacRumors, having visited this website for almost a decade!

Just wanted to share my personal annoyances/frustrations with what Apple could do or solve to make using their products and software that much better.

I understand that some of these might be fixed in future software updates or hardware revisions but as it stands these are my niggles with Apple so far.

Feel free to share your lists...

P.S. some of these might've already been fixed and/or I may not know about them so forgive me if I am not aware of these at the time of this thread.

iPhone and iOS
  • No T9 dialing on iPhone - I miss this feature very much from Android and would like it natively on the iOS Phone app
  • Ability to change lockscreen icons to whatever we'd like instead of the default Phone and Torch options
  • Can't switch default maps app to Google Maps or any other 3rd party maps app
  • Can't rename App Library folders

macOS
  • Can't quickly activate Low Power Mode under the battery drop-down menu on menu bar (have to delve into Battery Settings for that)
  • Music Now Playing bugged on menu bar (doesn't show current progress on the track slider)
  • Phone calls sometimes end abruptly even when both iPhone and Mac are nearby on same Wi-Fi network (calls also refuse to happen if started on Mac FaceTime app)
  • Settings app is a embarassment in UI design - unlike the horizontal pane pre-Ventura it lists everything à la iPadOS/iOS

Music app
  • UI needs a redesign - can't shuffle or repeat in one tap on playback screen. Too much wasted space IMO
  • Media scrubber is better in some aspects but I feel it's too sensitive as I repeatedly trigger it when holding/moving phone (previous scrubber design didn't suffer from this IIRC)
  • In Songs list, the scroller bar on the right hand side is too close to the 3 dots (next to the download symbol) - again suffering from accidental activation of the song's sub-menu

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
Hi everyone,
This is my first thread on MacRumors, having visited this website for almost a decade!

Just wanted to share my personal annoyances/frustrations with what Apple could do or solve to make using their products and software that much better.

I understand that some of these might be fixed in future software updates or hardware revisions but as it stands these are my niggles with Apple so far.

Feel free to share your lists...

P.S. some of these might've already been fixed and/or I may not know about them so forgive me if I am not aware of these at the time of this thread.

iPhone and iOS
  • No T9 dialing on iPhone - I miss this feature very much from Android and would like it natively on the iOS Phone app
  • Ability to change lockscreen icons to whatever we'd like instead of the default Phone and Torch options
  • Can't switch default maps app to Google Maps or any other 3rd party maps app
  • Can't rename App Library folders

macOS
  • Can't quickly activate Low Power Mode under the battery drop-down menu on menu bar (have to delve into Battery Settings for that)
  • Music Now Playing bugged on menu bar (doesn't show current progress on the track slider)
  • Phone calls sometimes end abruptly even when both iPhone and Mac are nearby on same Wi-Fi network (calls also refuse to happen if started on Mac FaceTime app)
  • Settings app is a embarassment in UI design - unlike the horizontal pane pre-Ventura it lists everything à la iPadOS/iOS

Music app
  • UI needs a redesign - can't shuffle or repeat in one tap on playback screen. Too much wasted space IMO
  • Media scrubber is better in some aspects but I feel it's too sensitive as I repeatedly trigger it when holding/moving phone (previous scrubber design didn't suffer from this IIRC)
  • In Songs list, the scroller bar on the right hand side is too close to the 3 dots (next to the download symbol) - again suffering from accidental activation of the song's sub-menu
Wait wait wait.. you want T9 dialing? I can agree with the changing the icons or removing them completely I accidently hit the torch one quite often by mistake. Maps I understand wanting to change and since some have changed maybe that will eventually come. While it would be nice to name the App Library, I don't see that happening since I don't think the intention was for that to be the housing for the apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.