Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xqb4dpx

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/23/what-happened-to-the-white-iphone-4/

An Apple representative gave Engadget this quote:

"There is tremendous excitement for the new iPhone 4 and we are working to get as many of them into the hands of customers as possible. At launch, we have the black models available for purchase and we will be adding the white models as quickly as we can."

Could the white iPhone still be available in some stores for those who pre-ordered? I must say, that quote dampened my spirits quite a bit...

What do you guys think? Still reason to believe?

Barely any reason to believe. Unfortunately.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Weak.
Yeah the music thing was out of the goodness of their little apple-shaped heart.

Absolutely not out of the goodness of their heart. Out of a desire to jumpstart the market and own the mindshare. Which they have.

It's called smart business.

gdjsnyder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Swoyersville, PA
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/23/what-happened-to-the-white-iphone-4/

An Apple representative gave Engadget this quote:

"There is tremendous excitement for the new iPhone 4 and we are working to get as many of them into the hands of customers as possible. At launch, we have the black models available for purchase and we will be adding the white models as quickly as we can."

Could the white iPhone still be available in some stores for those who pre-ordered? I must say, that quote dampened my spirits quite a bit...

What do you guys think? Still reason to believe?

Yes, as someone else said this quote was released by the SFC on pre-order day. This proves nothing.

aforty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Interesting but then why would Engadget claim that "We reached out to Apple and got this"?

Ok, I still have hope then...

Novablas

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
Oh my GOD this thread is a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs for me!

Stop testing my faith!

Ugh, I guess I'm going to the Apple store at 3 AM and waiting like a schmuck.

Oh but how HAPPY I'll be if they miraculously have them, and I can BURN this damned dumbphone!

Novablas

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
Yesssss! There is hope!

I'm seriously going to cry though if I walk home empty handed tomorrow.

I am absolutely not getting the black because it's as if they made the white specifically for me. I never liked the white/black of the 3G and 3GS, and they've finally done it the way I want.

Let's just hope it doesn't become a late August purchase for me... oh God.

erik.thor21

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
Yes they will have white ones for the loyal crazys that camp outside for a phone that will be available to all in a few weeks.

SonoViva

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
CA
Sorry to say, but Apple doesn't really give a crap about their "loyal crazies" anymore. They care about the mom coming in with her kid who may see the white one and like it. If they don't have it, she'll figure why not go with Android? They have that Droid with the cool ads. The crazies are just their own unpaid hype machine. If there are white iPhones tomorrow, we will have served our purpose of getting the word out to the end users that live under a rock that the iPhone 4 comes in black and white and both are in high demand. My non-tech savvy little stepsister only knows about the white because it's been on the news recently. We created that outrage and thus, the awareness. The black was already all over the place because of Gizmodo. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.