My ****** review after trying on the apple watch.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by RayDonovan, Apr 9, 2015.

1. RayDonovan, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015

RayDonovan macrumors regular

RayDonovan

I was just at the Doncaster store in Melbourne and got to try one a few apple watches.

Here are some things you might want to know if you won't get a chance to try one on before you purchase:

Size:

The 38mm is VERY SMALL. Now I myself have a very small wrist so I decided to try on the 38 first and while its a nice size, i feel that it looks like it was made for a woman's wrist than a male's.
    The 42mm is just perfect. I don't know what it is about seeing it online but they seem huge in photos. It's definitely not as big as it looks on some sites.

Bands:

I was torn between the Milanese loop and SS Link bracelet. Both of these look just AMAZING in person. The deciding factor for me is the price and comfort of these bands. The Milanese loop is the most comfortable watchband i have ever worn. Someone should make underwear out of this stuff ;) It just fits perfectly around your wrist no matter the shape or size and it looks classy as hell.
    In a perfect world, i would own both but $1049 versus $1479 is a no brainer for me.

Quality:

I cannot stress how good the quality of this watch feels, from the sports model to the stainless steel. It just feels like you are wearing a watch. Not a smartwatch. Even the weight of the stainless steel feels like my breightling. I didn't even bother asking to see the Edition watch for obvious reasons but it did look pretty nice. Not $14000 nice. But nice.

So for me it's the 42mm stainless with the milanese loop (Even with my girly wrists :D)

For those who have been asking: My wrist is around 175mm in circumference and around 65mm from the top of my wrist to the bottom ( where the watch actually sits).

Attached Files:

2. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

3. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

ray, what size is your wrist? and is the pic with the watch on your wrist a 42?

thanx!!!!

4. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

The Milanese Loop looks better in your photos than in Apple's own promotional shots.

5. jordanst macrumors member

jordanst

Thanks! Would you mind telling us the circumference of your wrist? Mine's just under 150mm so I don't think I'll be able to fit the 42mm.

6. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out what 6-letter word was censored, though. ;)

7. sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

sahilpatel12

42mm fits 140 mm wrist :) your fine lol im close to 160

8. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

That's good to hear, my wrist is 165mm.

9. grillz813 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the pics...I'm still on the fence with respect to the 38 and 42 but your pics are making things a little bit clearer

10. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

Thanks for the info! I'm particularly torn about the 38mm vs. 42mm question. Your wrist is quite a bit smaller than mine, so maybe the 42 would look fine on me.

11. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

My guess is a word that rhymes with 'pity'. I'm assuming he just means he half-assed it and didn't go into much detail.

12. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

Will the magnets hold when putting your hand in a pants pocket? I had a metal band on my Moto 360. Somehow I would hit the band release button several times a day.

13. greychocobo macrumors member

there wasnt much of a crowd here in Adelaide lol. pretty mild crowd for the watch. ,maybe its too pricy or peoples not really into it

14. jaykk macrumors 6502a

One of the best reviews, thanks. I am going with SS Milanese loop 42mm for my 177mm wrist.

15. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

OP, can you give your thoughts on the space grey aluminum sport model?

16. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Thanks mate

How I would kill for a SS space black w/ sport band or leather band

Damn you Apple for making it only at the $1100 price :mad:

17. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

18. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

No it shouldn't be. My wrist is the same size and I have another watch that's 42mm in size and it looks great.

19. greychocobo macrumors member

its kind of like a matt alu body. pretty nice feel on the hand. wont attract finger prints compared to stainless steel. the stainless steel one looks the the back of the first gen ipod touch . prob will get scatched easily. sports band is really comfory tho. aiming for that (y)

20. jordanst macrumors member

jordanst

Wait I thought the minimum was 150mm for the 42mm. That's what it says in the sizing guide. If you're right I'm thrilled, and making a last minute change to my preorder plans!

21. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I wear a G-shock, but that's not rectangular, but round.

22. RayDonovan thread starter macrumors regular

RayDonovan

Hey Cali, my wrist is about 175mm in circumference and around 65mm across where the watch actually sits.

And yes the pic with the watch on my wrist is the 42mm black ss :)

23. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Download the Apple Store app on your iPhone. It has realistic sizing for what the watch interface will look like on your wrist. Also, here's a PDF to the official Apple Watch size guide.

24. RayDonovan thread starter macrumors regular

RayDonovan

You would be correct :)

25. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93